Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Duntov motors in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM
fabman4y8s
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duntov motors in Texas

Anyone have any problem with them besides me. Everytime I order something online or phone I have to call back after a week to find out it was never shipped. I currently been waiting 4 weeks to get a rear spring. WTF...... My luck I guess. Never again.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

A search on this forum should show plenty of problems.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 AM
fabman4y8s
Heel & Toe

Thanks Zwede, wish I would have done a search before hand. I'll give them a day or so then Ill contact my credit card company.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

It took them 8 months to get my order shipped... I even called before hand to check if they had all my items in stock and the guy on the phone said "sure". So I went ahead with my order. After months of no replies and lies they somehow managed to ship my stuff... So now I have done business with them 3 times, the first time, the only time and the last time.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
udornf4
Racer

Default Duntov - not

Terrible!!!!!! - just PM me if you want to know more
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Rollochrome
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Bought a new rear spring from them, installed..

They put the bolts in upside down and then didnt understand why they were having a hard time adjusting, and why the extra-long bolts that they told me I also needed to buy from them were sticking down so long that they looked like they might catch a speed bump..

Their metal building is FULL of C3's in various states of race modification....

They must have saved my car for the winter intern from the local tech school or something...

Whole thing made no flippin' sense....
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
fabman4y8s
Heel & Toe

Got e-mail that spring is shipped from manufacture. But am waiting for tracking #. They said for my wait I could get a 10% discount on future purchases. Get real, Life is too short.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Dave J
Burning Brakes

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't recommend selling them parts without payment first!
OUCH! If that's the case, I wouldn't sell then any parts at all........
Old 09-15-2017, 02:15 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

I operate on the arrogant side, but these guys are just pure arrogant, having ran into them at the race tracks, having more than their fair share of fun with the money they make! I hope to run against their ultra dollar cars one day, with my home built efforts! I follow their track times to see how I would stack up! Therefore trying to step up the engine build and cut weight! They are my target!!!! Yes I definitely plan to cheat also in regards to the class Vintage racing rules, just like they do!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 09-15-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:10 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
I operate on the arrogant side, but these guys are just pure arrogant, having ran into them at the race tracks, having more than their fair share of fun with the money they make! I hope to run against their ultra dollar cars one day, with my home built efforts! I follow their track times to see how I would stack up! Therefore trying to step up the engine build and cut weight! They are my target!!!! Yes I definitely plan to cheat also in regards to the class Vintage racing rules, just like they do!

I believe they have lost at least two of their big dollar TX clients
Old 09-15-2017, 06:24 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
I believe they have lost at least two of their big dollar TX clients
I have track splits on the black 46 C3 racer when it came out to Fontana California Speedway and it had about 6-1/2 seconds a lap (2.8 mile lap and on two high banked turns) in the modern on old times on my car, before I took it apart in my seeming will never get it done project to make it a lot faster, but at least I am back working on them (slower than in my younger days). But their lightweight blue C2 grand sport #38, if I could hang somewhere behind on its A$$ end I would be happy!

I am am working on the 12 bolt unit and sourcing 1480 telescoping halfshaft parts! I haven't started front spring pockets (cut the tops off yet for a bolt on and off switch yet) mods for coilover mount yet! Been working on making my Fathers old car faster too (the blue slalom car I have posted up). We had that out and about recently. It was about 4 seconds a lap slower.

Usually when these guys show up with their toys and customer toys, their cars are lapping everyone out here on the west coast! They don't do the HMSA events generally, because they are too modern. They had at Coronado one of their white customer cars only and he lapped everybody!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 09-15-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:54 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,330 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
and here we are six years later and not much has changed with Al & Ed, poor Zora must be spinning.

Get notified of new replies

To Duntov motors in Texas

Quick Reply: Duntov motors in Texas