Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

[Looking out 4 each other] These Forum members will inspect items! [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:15 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
I'm assuming this means that a 3rd party (unbiased) is willing to inspect items that are for sale and sort of vouch for their condition?
I may be able to help with this, if the item was brought to my shop.
Yep, that's exactly what the list is for, and thanks for offering your services. You've been added to the list.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:00 PM
jim wannavet
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

what a great group of guys.thanks
Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug
Yep, that's exactly what the list is for, and thanks for offering your services. You've been added to the list.
Doug...add me in for Newport News/Hampton Virginia
Old 12-22-2014, 03:23 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Destin/Ft Walton Beach/South Walton County, FL
Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jim wannavet
what a great group of guys.thanks
Get to know a few of them!

Originally Posted by Yello95
Doug...add me in for Newport News/Hampton Virginia
Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Destin/Ft Walton Beach/South Walton County, FL
Thanks to you both, you've been added.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Doug, I see there's nobody listed within 250 miles of me in any direction. You can add me for western CO, eastern UT and the surrounding area. I'm in Grand Junction, CO.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:43 PM
jim wannavet
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default contact

do you just contact these members via p.m.sorry if this is a dumb question.thanks jim.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:37 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Doug, I see there's nobody listed within 250 miles of me in any direction. You can add me for western CO, eastern UT and the surrounding area. I'm in Grand Junction, CO.

Gotcha Steve, thanks!

Originally Posted by jim wannavet
do you just contact these members via p.m.sorry if this is a dumb question.thanks jim.
Yes sir, or I suppose you could stalk them via post history.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:13 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

You can count me in as well...

Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, Kansas
Knowledgable in 68-73 C3's
Old 01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by spdrcr29
You can count me in as well...

Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, Kansas
Knowledgable in 68-73 C3's
Thank you, I've added you under both states.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:29 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Doug...put me in for San Antonio area and anything north to Austin. Always looking for a good reason to take a trip up through the Texas Hill Country.
Mike
Old 02-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Z06Hulk
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in... California: East Bay, and I can cover the north Valley area as well: Tracy, Stockton, Modesto...
C5/ C6

Thx
Rocky

Last edited by Z06Hulk; 02-05-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added state
Old 02-25-2015, 07:27 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7
Doug...put me in for San Antonio area and anything north to Austin. Always looking for a good reason to take a trip up through the Texas Hill Country.
Mike
Thanks Mike, you're in!

Originally Posted by Z06Hulk
I'm in... California: East Bay, and I can cover the north Valley area as well: Tracy, Stockton, Modesto...
C5/ C6

Thx
Rocky
You've been added Rocky.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:07 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

You can up my status to C3-C4-C5.. Have owned all and worked on all, be happy to help out the south Atlanta area as far down as Macon.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 PM
65GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Default Additional Coverage for MA, RI, CT, etc

Hi. I think I already saw coverage for MA, RI, CT, etc, but can offer up the same with focus on a 50 mile radius or so of the Franklin, Ma area (Franklin about 30 miles west of Boston)

I have restored many cars in my years in this hobby, and that is actually doing all the work myself, mechanicals and body work, fabrication / rust repair, all except spraying the final exterior body color (that truly is an art form and unless one is doing it often, you do not have 'the touch').

What I can offer; Look at any car or part and get you a unbiased option of the condition, test drive, climb all around inside and out, top and underneath. I am a fanatic and from years of restoration experience know where to look and what to be looking for. I can at least validate for you if what you are looking at is worth pursuing that last step.

What I cannot offer; I am not a ‘Vette historian’. I have too many cars and know what I know about my cars at that ‘historically correct’ level of detail and that is about it. I could not validate for you if part X is the ‘right part’ for that year / model / option list, etc. I can tell you the condition with great accuracy (external review… obviously cannot mic a journal for you that is still in the engine) and if it looks ‘period correct’ from appearance.

Fee for service… if near Franklin Ma area, free-bee. If I got to travel, cover my gas.

Note… as may have been written before… and I say this on behalf or any of us on this forum that offer a fellow hobbiest some help.... DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME. If you are not a serious buyer ‘of that thing’, that you have already vetted (no pun) it out that the price and condition are represented and you are looking for a final confirmation or you have a deposit on it to hold it until an inspection. If you just want to send someone that is already busy in life on your wild goose chase while you ‘are thinking about buying that thing’, or do price negotiations after we review the thing (that kill the purchase and again waste our precious spare time), beat it. Get all the tire-kicking and negotiation out of the way 1st. Be serious. I have had many a ‘car friends’ that ask me to keep an eye open for this or that, and when after all the work is done by me or people like me in good faith, they are strokers wasting my time and never were serious when it came time to put the $$$ down.

Note.. i saw an earlier question but not the answer... how does one contact people like us... via a PM ???

Last edited by 65GTO; 03-09-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:49 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by We Gone
You can up my status to C3-C4-C5.. Have owned all and worked on all, be happy to help out the south Atlanta area as far down as Macon.
Thank you I've updated it!

Originally Posted by 65GTO
Hi. I think I already saw coverage for MA, RI, CT, etc, but can offer up the same with focus on a 50 mile radius or so of the Franklin, Ma area (Franklin about 30 miles west of Boston)

I have restored many cars in my years in this hobby, and that is actually doing all the work myself, mechanicals and body work, fabrication / rust repair, all except spraying the final exterior body color (that truly is an art form and unless one is doing it often, you do not have 'the touch').

What I can offer; Look at any car or part and get you a unbiased option of the condition, test drive, climb all around inside and out, top and underneath. I am a fanatic and from years of restoration experience know where to look and what to be looking for. I can at least validate for you if what you are looking at is worth pursuing that last step.

What I cannot offer; I am not a ‘Vette historian’. I have too many cars and know what I know about my cars at that ‘historically correct’ level of detail and that is about it. I could not validate for you if part X is the ‘right part’ for that year / model / option list, etc. I can tell you the condition with great accuracy (external review… obviously cannot mic a journal for you that is still in the engine) and if it looks ‘period correct’ from appearance.

Fee for service… if near Franklin Ma area, free-bee. If I got to travel, cover my gas.

Note… as may have been written before… and I say this on behalf or any of us on this forum that offer a fellow hobbiest some help.... DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME. If you are not a serious buyer ‘of that thing’, that you have already vetted (no pun) it out that the price and condition are represented and you are looking for a final confirmation or you have a deposit on it to hold it until an inspection. If you just want to send someone that is already busy in life on your wild goose chase while you ‘are thinking about buying that thing’, or do price negotiations after we review the thing (that kill the purchase and again waste our precious spare time), beat it. Get all the tire-kicking and negotiation out of the way 1st. Be serious. I have had many a ‘car friends’ that ask me to keep an eye open for this or that, and when after all the work is done by me or people like me in good faith, they are strokers wasting my time and never were serious when it came time to put the $$$ down.

Note.. i saw an earlier question but not the answer... how does one contact people like us... via a PM ???
Yes, via PM is the preferred method. And thanks for offering your services, I've added you to the relevant states.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:46 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Default Paying It Forward

Originally Posted by We Gone
Thanks for your help Steve! Owe ya big time!
I'll be happy to pay it forward, anything in Southern Ontario Canada, members can PM me and I'll be happy to help.
Steve gave half a day of his time to help me out in a big way so I'm adding my name to the list

Get notified of new replies

To [Looking out 4 each other] These Forum members will inspect items! [Consolidated]

Old 05-31-2015, 09:42 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Thanks Dan Was a pleasure helping you.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:53 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I can offer
yes 3 states a our shop is in a Tri State Area

Southwest Wisconsin
Northwest Ill
North East Iowa
Old 06-09-2015, 12:54 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
I can offer
yes 3 states a our shop is in a Tri State Area

Southwest Wisconsin
Northwest Ill
North East Iowa
Thank you, I've added you to all three states!

Quick Reply: [Looking out 4 each other] These Forum members will inspect items! [Consolidated]