Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Southern Car Parts [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Southern Car Parts [Dispute]

I tried to order lloyds mats off the bundle price of 189.00 and when it went to cart it was 254.00. the add on the web page clearly shows 189.00 includes logo and choice of color. I have contacted the BBB and anyone else that will listen, this type of advertising is a gross example of ****** business practices today. contact Patrick at gm parts great guy fast response and is a example of integrity.

shame on you southern I hope they ban you

here is directly off the website.
Lloyds Corvette C6 Floor Mats and Cargo Mat Bundle

Our most famous mat package. All three Mats, pair of front floor mats and the cargo mat all with your choice of carpet and binding color (binding is the trim around the edge of the mats) and embroidered logos. Our custom made Lloyds mat package will definitely brighten up the interior of your Corvette and give it a touch of class and functionality that it is missing from the factory. Trust us, your car will look awesome with this package and is highly recommended for all new and existing Corvette owners.

Special Product Bundle of the famous Lloyds Cargo Mat and front Lloyds Floor Mats.

Price includes your choice of Logos and color combination, with shipping.
See the individual products for details on each one.

I called them and they basically told me too bad that it is what it is...well what it is, is false advertising and there are laws against that.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

This won't last long.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:10 PM
needcheese
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
TarHeelDon
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ibtb
Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BUCKSFAN
I called them and they basically told me too bad that it is what it is...well what it is, is false advertising and there are laws against that.
This concerned me a little.... so I tried it myself and found out that if you choose certain (custom) logo combos on the mats the price is clearly advertised next to the add-on.

If you order the floor mats WITHOUT ANY LOGOS the price is as advertised.

In essence: NO FALSE ADVERTISING HERE, CASE CLOSED
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by andy82
This concerns me a little....
Would love to know the real story.

SCP has a long history of customer satisfaction with site members, therefore . . . (you do the math).
Old 10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
Would love to know the real story.

SCP has a long history of customer satisfaction with site members, therefore . . . (you do the math).
Read my updated post, simple story.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I think this was addressed before...standby.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

yep, and i have it in writing on a email they sent me. I have copied the whole web page and screen shotted it to myself to turn over to whoever wants it.

I have gotten private messages saying that this post will get pulled becasue they are a vendor, what a shame we cant speak our piece when someone tries to rip people off, mistakes i can handle misleading or false advertising is illiegal. there have been plenty of dealers prosecuted for bait and switch techniques.
really?? please do tell...you do know where the rules section is don't you? It clearly spells out how to post a dispute...follow the rules and you have no issues. I really wish people would stop spreading lies.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

PMd vendor waiting on response before we continue
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Opened for the vendor to respond....after which I will close it again (per forum rules) as there will not be a back and forth dispute as to the "facts".
Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

WOW, can you say overreaction? A simple phone call to the vendor before blasting them on-line would go a long way. It may have been a simple programming issue on thier website. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
WOW, can you say overreaction? A simple phone call to the vendor before blasting them on-line would go a long way. It may have been a simple programming issue on thier website. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

read my post I DID CALL THEM FIRST. even told them I was going to post here about the negative experience and David told me "ok" and hung up. FYI I have gotten private messages from other forum members on this topic and it happened to them as well. one more fact I have a email from them stating the issue as well.

my beef is the add clearly states "PRICE INCLUDED LOGO AND CHOICE OF COLOR" but then when you try to order it charges you for the logo.
so I have a right to be angry and so would you.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

FYI sent the add to a attorney I know through work and he stated it was false advertising.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mats from them a couple of years ago. The price included free shipping however i was charged shipping. I then sent them an email and they refunded my credit card for the shipping cost. No other problems with them.
read my post I DID CALL THEM FIRST. even told them I was going to post here about the negative experience and David told me "ok" and hung up. FYI I have gotten private messages from other forum members on this topic and it happened to them as well. one more fact I have a email from them stating the issue as well.

my beef is the add clearly states "PRICE INCLUDED LOGO AND CHOICE OF COLOR" but then when you try to order it charges you for the logo.
so I have a right to be angry and so would you.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

I tried to order lloyds mats off the bundle price of 189.00 and when it went to cart it was 254.00. the add on the web page clearly shows 189.00 includes logo and choice of color. I have contacted the BBB and anyone else that will listen, this type of advertising is a gross example of ****** business practices today. contact Patrick at gm parts great guy fast response and is a example of integrity.

shame on you southern I hope they ban you

here is directly off the website.
Lloyds Corvette C6 Floor Mats and Cargo Mat Bundle

Our most famous mat package. All three Mats, pair of front floor mats and the cargo mat all with your choice of carpet and binding color (binding is the trim around the edge of the mats) and embroidered logos. Our custom made Lloyds mat package will definitely brighten up the interior of your Corvette and give it a touch of class and functionality that it is missing from the factory. Trust us, your car will look awesome with this package and is highly recommended for all new and existing Corvette owners.

Special Product Bundle of the famous Lloyds Cargo Mat and front Lloyds Floor Mats.

Price includes your choice of Logos and color combination, with shipping.
See the individual products for details on each one.

This is the same listing we have had for years, the mats start at 189.99 and then price is increased depending on the logos you choose. Funny we are even accused of false advertising because it is really simple when you look through the listing. It clearly shows that there is an upcharge for logos and the mats start at a certain price.

When you called us today you threatened for us to sell you the mats at the 189 price regardless of what the site said. Told us that if we would not sell them at that price, you would "bash us" on the forum (which is exactly what you did ).

Nothing is false advertising at all....very clearly laid out. Just a customer that wants to bully us via public thrashing to get his way.

We can list the mats two ways, with logos, and a higher price, but then we get complaints by the guys that do not want the logos (have had it this way in the past). Or we can list them at a starting price and goes up as you add logos. We had them as the latter, and you call it "false advertising". Kinda silly if you ask me, nobody else has ever been confused by it.

Anyway, I changed it to the other way (high price first, and them comes down if you remove logos) to make you happy (no idea why I would want to do that, but what the heck)....Logos are included in the price and if you remove them it lowers the price.

When you go to Chevy.com and build a Corvette, it starts at the lowest price and works up, depending on the options you choose. Are you going to call Chevy and demand they sell you a 2012 ZR1 for the C6 base coupe price? Come on Man, it is that simple, nothing false or misleading about it.

Last thing, there was not an email correspondence with you that I am aware of. You simply called up and started demanding us sell you something below what we pay for it or else you would claim "false advertising on the forum".

We have been on the forum selling the exact same mats for YEARS with the exact same listing, why are you the only person out of literally thousands of mat orders that was confused or felt it is false advertising?

Glad you were able to get the mats you wanted And I am truly sorry our site confused or misled you, certainly not the intent.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

FYI sent the add to a attorney I know through work and he stated it was false advertising.
Usually I just clear things up with the Vendor and all is good. I just do not understand this other method which you choose to make. I also CANNOT wait for the other side of the story. ...............ATTORNEYS?? are you serious???

**EDIT** Vendor responded as I was typing my reply, as usual there was another side of the story..

Get notified of new replies

To Southern Car Parts [Dispute]

Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Come on, are you serious?

I rest my case... I think anyone reading this silliness will simply move on to another thread

I will wait for the "false advertising" lawsuit to hit my mailbox

I am not going to have time to monitor this thread any longer so apologize if I do not reply about this anymore. I said my 2 cents......

Thanks,

Jim
Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Well I for one will continue to do business with Southern Car Parts, looks pretty clear to me and I think they are a stand up company!

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Well I for one will continue to do business with Southern Car Parts, looks pretty clear to me and I think they are a stand up company!

Keep up the good work guys!
Sorry OP but I've had nothing but positive transactions with SCP...

They have always been fair and square in my dealings with them...

Quick Reply: Southern Car Parts [Dispute]