Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Gene @ gmpartshouse- Will not refund my money.[UPDATED response from Gene]

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I'm not saying you are wrong and he is right or vice versa...like I said for me its a time issue.

Hopefully you guys get it worked out.

I will check back in tomorrow..
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
I'm not saying you are wrong and he is right or vice versa...like I said for me its a time issue.

Hopefully you guys get it worked out.

I will check back in tomorrow..
Oh, that will not happen, I can assure you.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Baldfart
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by egrand333
You waited more than a year to return the part? I would agree 100% with Gene.

I work in retail and it amazes me that customers do this. I would be embarrassed to do this.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Baldfart

I work in retail and it amazes me that customers do this. I would be embarrassed to do this.
Fair enough.

Give me a good reason why he shouldn't refund my money then? Because I still have not heard any other reason than "time". Well what does time have to do with anything? I am still out my money and still don't have a part. That is really all that matters in the end.

Did time make my money evaporate? Did time make the part deteriorate even though it sits packaged in a box and is made of plastic? Did time make my timing chain I was supposed to get rust?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM
andy46
Racer

Originally Posted by mchicia1
So it is my fault I was sent the wrong part, is that what you are saying? Having a dispute for the wrong part received is not the same as trying to return the correct part after 30 days.
Absolutely its your fault for not checking the delivery within the specified time period.
Regardless of whatever is in the box in the end.
100% your problem now.
Suck it up dude, you learned a $50 .lesson, big deal.
No company I have ever worked for would ever recieve anything without looking in the box before accepting it!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Originally Posted by andy46
Absolutely its your fault for not checking the delivery within the specified time period.
Regardless of whatever is in the box in the end.
100% your problem now.
Suck it up dude, you learned a $50 .lesson, big deal.
No company I have ever worked for would ever recieve anything without looking in the box before accepting it!
That is not what I asked. It was my fault for receiving the wrong part?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 PM
SLVRCPE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You lost me at the "less than professional" emails you exchanged. Care to share those, or do you only post the ones that make others look bad?

I would like to see all of those emails. It would probably help me understand why Gene wants you to come to his company so he can forcibly insert that valve into you.. I am guessing the plan is to stop you from spewing exhaust.

Seriously man all he has to do is refuse, or send that valve right back to you and it is all squarly on your shoulders for waiting so long.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM
rootpooty
Burning Brakes

Just drop the issue man really your just out a few bucks and really isn't a big deal since you waited so long. They provide excellent parts and service. So what if they accidentally sent you the wrong part? If you have another mishap with them then take your business elsewhere.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 PM
egrand333
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

What would you consider a resonable amount of time? 3 years, 10, 20, 50?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Originally Posted by SLVRCPE
You lost me at the "less than professional" emails you exchanged. Care to share those, or do you only post the ones that make others look bad?

I would like to see all of those emails. It would probably help me understand why Gene wants you to come to his company so he can forcibly insert that valve into you.. I am guessing the plan is to stop you from spewing exhaust.

Seriously man all he has to do is refuse, or send that valve right back to you and it is all squarly on your shoulders for waiting so long.

I have no problem with that.

Gene:
"So you ordered a part in March of 2010 and found out that there was a problem and asked me to return it in August of 2010. I gave you permission to return it and I stood up to you and told you I would take care of the situation. So you decided to do whatever you wanted to do for a year and now you want me to take it back? You procrastinated for six months to contact me the first time and I approved it anyway, even though I wouldn’t normally after 30 days. Then when I gave you permission you waited a year to send it back and you’re trying to make me out to be a thief and act like I have no idea what I’m doing? Take a look in the mirror brother!"

Me:
"It absolutely DOES NOT MATTER when EVERYTHING is on RECORD. You act like I randomly ordered a valve from you, made up some dude's name and put it on a receipt that looks exactly like a GMPARTSHOUSE receipt, and sent it to you to save 50 bucks on an order. Time does not matter when things are on record. Furthermore, you should have sent ME a shipping label back in August 2010. I mean really, what kind of vendor makes a consumer ship something back on their own dime when they clearly screwed up?"

Gene:
"No I’m not denying I sent you the wrong part. The fact of the matter is any errors have to be reported within 30 days. Within that time frame I will accept full responsibility. After 30 days you can go fly a kite. Now I was nice enough after you procrastinated for six months the first time and I allowed the return, but since you waited six months yes, I thought you should accept some responsibility for your actions. So I required you to ship it back. Now that you’ve waited a year to do anything again, I’m washing my hands of it. The lesson learned here is don’t procrastinate. And now that you’re bothering me and acting like I’m a criminal I’m not going to do jack for you. I don’t do anything for anyone acting like a two year old. So do me a favor and stop bothering me. If you have a problem with me.. let’s talk it out face to face."

Still, the only defense I see is "time". No one answered my question as to why "time" has to do with anything. The part was still new in the box, my money was still in his account, and Gene still knew about the mishap. What else do you need?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Originally Posted by rootpooty
Just drop the issue man really your just out a few bucks and really isn't a big deal since you waited so long. They provide excellent parts and service. So what if they accidentally sent you the wrong part? If you have another mishap with them then take your business elsewhere.
I don't care about the money, I stated that on the first page. I just found it funny that within minutes of me posting this, someone else had a similar problem. It is a matter of principle.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by egrand333
You waited more than a year to return the part? I would agree 100% with Gene.
its only 85 bucks...you own a corvette... come on now! Bottom line is that you snoozed for one year so now you lose!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ikester
its only 85 bucks...you own a corvette... come on now!
You are right, it does not hurt me financially at all.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I have no problem with that.

Gene:
"So you ordered a part in March of 2010 and found out that there was a problem and asked me to return it in August of 2010. I gave you permission to return it and I stood up to you and told you I would take care of the situation. So you decided to do whatever you wanted to do for a year and now you want me to take it back? You procrastinated for six months to contact me the first time and I approved it anyway, even though I wouldn’t normally after 30 days. Then when I gave you permission you waited a year to send it back and you’re trying to make me out to be a thief and act like I have no idea what I’m doing? Take a look in the mirror brother!"

Me:
"It absolutely DOES NOT MATTER when EVERYTHING is on RECORD. You act like I randomly ordered a valve from you, made up some dude's name and put it on a receipt that looks exactly like a GMPARTSHOUSE receipt, and sent it to you to save 50 bucks on an order. Time does not matter when things are on record. Furthermore, you should have sent ME a shipping label back in August 2010. I mean really, what kind of vendor makes a consumer ship something back on their own dime when they clearly screwed up?"

Gene:
"No I’m not denying I sent you the wrong part. The fact of the matter is any errors have to be reported within 30 days. Within that time frame I will accept full responsibility. After 30 days you can go fly a kite. Now I was nice enough after you procrastinated for six months the first time and I allowed the return, but since you waited six months yes, I thought you should accept some responsibility for your actions. So I required you to ship it back. Now that you’ve waited a year to do anything again, I’m washing my hands of it. The lesson learned here is don’t procrastinate. And now that you’re bothering me and acting like I’m a criminal I’m not going to do jack for you. I don’t do anything for anyone acting like a two year old. So do me a favor and stop bothering me. If you have a problem with me.. let’s talk it out face to face."

Still, the only defense I see is "time". No one answered my question as to why "time" has to do with anything. The part was still new in the box, my money was still in his account, and Gene still knew about the mishap. What else do you need?
It sounds like Gene went out of his way to help you and you decited to wait before taking any action, You dropped the ball on this and only you.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 PM
andy46
Racer

I don't care about the money, I stated that on the first page. I just found it funny that within minutes of me posting this, someone else had a similar problem. It is a matter of principle.
Your right its only a matter of principle, mainly him not agreeing with yours.
Seriously dude, let it go............

Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Given the facts and how the vendor still knows about the mishap and the valve being in new condition in vendor's posession, the money still in his account...

If anyone can give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't get a refund, other than stating "you waited too long" I will gladly admit fault and close the thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Trios
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It's because time = money. When you buy something site unseen (catalog, internet, phone, etc) it is YOUR responsibility to open the box and inspect the contents upon arrival. Some companies print this on the box, others on their web page. The really big orders they make you sign for; if you don't open the box before you sign, you're in it for whatever was in the box.

Now, enough time has gone past that it would be a waste of time (and therefore money) for Gene to give you the time of day. I think it stands well for his good rep on this forum that he was willing to let you return the item - the first time, well after the 30 day limit, so bending his policies to make a customer happy. Good vendors do that on occasion.

Now you're demanding that he bend the policy even further because you were too lazy or incompetent to ship the part back when you first noticed the problem? No deal. You failed at:

A) Opening the box upon arrival.
B) Returning the item within 30 days
C) Returning the item within 30 days of when Gene sent his email to you saying 'go ahead and return it.'
D) Returning the item 30 days after that...
E) And another 30 days....
L) Over a year later, box was still in your house. Failure on YOUR part.

Gene failed by:

A) Shipping you the wrong part.

I've gone on long enough; you need to just move on with your life.

Get notified of new replies

To Gene @ gmpartshouse- Will not refund my money.[UPDATED response from Gene]

Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 PM
andy46
Racer

Given the facts and how the vendor still knows about the mishap and the valve being in new condition in vendor's posession, the money still in his account...

If anyone can give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't get a refund, other than stating "you waited too long" I will gladly admit fault and close the thread.
I know how to correct this, tell him you will never ever buy anything from him ever again, that'll fix him !!!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
SLVRCPE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time is enough.. However you did keep his merchandise for over 6 months after agreeing to return it to him..

Hope that he sends that valve right back to you.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

You guys are a tough crowd, sure wouldn't want you serving as jurors on my trial unless the statute of limitations had run out!

Quick Reply: Gene @ gmpartshouse- Will not refund my money.[UPDATED response from Gene]