Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

**** Superlifts investigation **** New Info...12/8/16 *****

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 AM
ssnova1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitch Chance Keith Goolsby

Rad Racing Pro Mod Team ready for battle at OIR

(9-13-2007) SPRINGFIELD, MO - The Rad Racing '55 Chevy Outlaw Pro Mod Team will debut their new combination at this weekend's Street Machine Nationals at Ozark International Raceway.

"I know that it sounds funny that we are making our debut towards the end of the season. Instead of racing our old reliable combination and not being near the top of the class, we took most of this season to give the old '55 an extreme makeover. Our Crew has installed a PSI Screw Blower, a Brad V Hemi, Neal Chance Bolt-Together Converter and Santuff Shocks, along with having Jim Weins build a new set of zoomies and do a few other modifications over the past few months," said team manager Mitch Chance. "Last year we could usually qualify and be competitive but not really run with the big dogs. Hopefully, the remainder of this season will be different"

The Rad Racing Outlaw Pro Mod team was formed two years ago by Mitch Chance, Keith Goolsby, and Jim Stockton. Chance and Goolsby grew up together racing with Mitch's Dad (and Keith's adopted Dad) Neal Chance. Both had put their racing career's on hold to raise their families and build their respective businesses. Keith, the driver for the team, own's Superlifts.com. Superlifts is an international supplier of car lifts for automobile enthusiast. "I grew up in the old AHRA days and actually won the Pro Gas class at the '81 Summernationals at KCIR when I was 20. I have really poured myself into my business over the last 15 years but I've always had the itch to go heads up racing."

Old post but now let them say they "barely know" each other looks like they grew up together. This was taken from promodzone.com. If your gonna lie nowdays maybe you should be able to edit the internet so it doesn't come back and bite you in your a$$.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
radliftsbygemini
8th Gear

Default Superlifts

Hello SSNova,
Guilt by association? I hope not!

Keith and I split business (the race car, I was NEVER part of Superlifts) ways sometime back, I joined with Sam Ellis (Sam use to build lifts for me in the 90's when I owned a company called Lifts Unlimited... a COMPETITOR to Superlifts, I then sold that company in 2003 and thought I was retiring lol) at Gemini before Keith went out of business and while he was still buying lifts from "us" Gemini.

Short story for those that feel it important....my father Neal Chance (if you've been involved in drag racing anytime since the 50's you know the name)...... became a father figure for Keith when his father was killed in a tragic car accident.

Keith has always been like "family" to me and my family.... however to suggest that makes us "two peas in a pod" is more than shallow. Keith doesn't have any ownership in my families drag strip..... Keith closed his doors owing a large sum of money to Gemini.

I can't make you "trust" me, or Gemini, but what I can and will do is ask that you or anyone else whom would like to come to their own conclusion to base doing business with us, off of "doing business with us".... or research us (dang, you've done a great job of researching me and my family..... dig in, see what you find with Gemini and Sam Ellis... even my father Neal Chance... see if you can dig up one bad thing!

Please, form your opinion on me, or Gemini from something we've done... but to form your opinion on us because of a close friend (high school buddy) would seem to be shallow. We'd love to host a All Corvette Race at the Ozark track, and I'd love to help anyone we can with their lift needs (Lord knows that since we're just one of two left in the US actually building them here, we could use the business!)

Sam Ellis (founder of Gemini) is an outstanding guy, his only mistake in this dibacle was to continue to extend credit to Superlifts when they got into trouble. He did this based on their many year history, and knowing once he did cut them off, he would have little chance of collecting anything that was owed. When he did finally stop building for Superlifts, it was within days that they closed their doors. Sam (Gemini) got left holding a VERY large bill. As most here probably know, standing in bancruptcy line normally has very little reward/results. We opted to ring what we could out of a 800 number and website that had been around for years. It was our thought (and for the most part has held true) that most people are reasonable, and once we had the chance to explain how and why we ended up with the 800 number they'd give us a chance..... Thank You for the many (even here) that have!

Many on the original forum canceled their credit cards (upon our suggestion) and once they got their money back ordered from us... it's our hope that those that have would come on here and give an account of doing business with us.

So, for those that have been burned..... we were also! We're simply doing the same thing you are..... doing what you can to recover your loss! I respect that, and hope you would also!

Gemini Lifts
Mitch Chance
Old 03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
radliftsbygemini
8th Gear

Default P.s.

Nova,
Nobody anywhere ever made the statement "barely know each other"... Keith and I were like brothers growing up.... I surely hope that doesn't make me "guilty"?

I'll not condone what he did... I think most know that, but for accuracy and character... please form your opinion of me from me, or your business dealing from me... or even your friends business dealings from me.

I've not, nor will not "advertise" that Keith and I grew up together, not because I'm ashamed of Keith, but I don't agree with what happened and how it happened!

Mitch
Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by radliftsbygemini
Nova,
Nobody anywhere ever made the statement "barely know each other"... Keith and I were like brothers growing up.... I surely hope that doesn't make me "guilty"?

I'll not condone what he did... I think most know that, but for accuracy and character... please form your opinion of me from me, or your business dealing from me... or even your friends business dealings from me.

I've not, nor will not "advertise" that Keith and I grew up together, not because I'm ashamed of Keith, but I don't agree with what happened and how it happened!

Mitch
I don't believe a single word that you or Sam Ellis are posting. You can say what ever you want, but I'm not believing it.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Wooo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the deal Mitch

I have acquaintances that have shady lifestyles as well. I love them dearly.

Point is - I know better than to do business with them.

Taking over the web page for payment is similar to taking Enron's web page.

It was a very poor business move and it looks like you are paying for that poor business decision.

If you are truly innocent, it's in your best interest to distance yourself and cut your losses.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
ssnova1
Heel & Toe

Default mitch

Mitch the point I am trying to make is it seems that you are still supplying Mr. Goolsby with lifts after his history of "scamming" people yourself included or so you say. If you have any proof that your not the one providing him the means to possibly scam more people lets have it. I am just trying to keep anyone else that works hard and saves for something like this doesn't get the shaft while at this point so far the scammer walks scottfree.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
ssnova1
Heel & Toe

Default Mr. Goolsby

Ok one more thing I think you made reference in your post while not coming right out and saying it that you now are owner, part owner, financier of gemini? I noticed on the texas business entity search that they are not in good standing. So am I to assume that you have stepped in to help them out?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 AM
ssnova1
Heel & Toe

Default Nothing bad about Mitch

Ok Mitch you asked me to lfind anything "bad" about you well here it is rip off report has you never delivering a trailer to someone and if people want to go to the website and read it they will find it sounds like maybe Keith rubbed off on you regarding this gentlemen. Nothing like throwing your wife and kid under the bus with him your son actually stood up for your company in this forum.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
radliftsbygemini
8th Gear

Default non delivered trailer

Hello Nova,
Thank you for getting back and giving me the oppurtunity to share.

The gentleman with the trailer needs to pay for it first.... I'll not ship it until he does. (hope that's ok!)

Since this post started, we've talked and helped several out.... most have gotten their money back, some (David Sour) wasn't able to, but dealt with us anyway (Thank you David!) and we helped him with one of our Super Twin lifts.

In regards to Keith purchasing lifts from us...... NO, the bill he owed is just under 300K! He is purchasing from Bud Sherbet in Fort Worth... Bud only imports therefore that's all Keith's able to sell if and when he does sell a lifts.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
ssnova1
Heel & Toe

Default Keith or David Goolsby

It has been awhile since anything has been posted but some new info has come to light I guess. Maybe Keith Goolsby would like to comment or anyone else who knows. Who was the owner of Superlifts Keith Goolsby or David Goolsby? What role did Keith Goolsby play if he was not the owner? Was he just doing what he was told by someone else?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 AM
62BT409
3rd Gear

After googling a certain phrase I have come to this forum. I did purchase a 10,000# double lift 4.5 yrs ago. The company I purchased it from was and is great but their hands on maintenance and support is a tad weak but they are more than helpful to send you to people that can assist. Unfortunately the two companies were SuperLifts and Mid-America Lifts. Both are very bad to work with, they have no customer support or customer PR. Just alot of words and NO ACTION!
At SuperLifts (which they are not in business any longer) and go by another rip-off name (and maybe has been changed again) was Dustin. Not responsive at all except to tell me another company will be in contact with me. And that was Mid-America Lifts. They contact me but thats all se wrote. Since then all phone calls go to the owner Jim Fiddler and he does not return calls. So I assume that they are out of business also. I spoke to the original company I purchased the lift froma nd they NOW have made great strides in uping their sales and widening their product line.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Mid-American lifts in Aurora, MO is out of business and filed BK January 2013. I was told, but not confirmed, that Keith Goolsby was part of that group also.

I wonder where the 2 million dollars in SBA backed loans went?

I just found out that Keith and Sarah Goolsby's (Superlift's fame) house burned to the ground on May 3, 2013 and everything lost. Karma is a bitch.

They are asking for donations. I'm sure those who were screwed out of their money on their lifts that were never delivered will step up and help out the Goolsbys.

Here is Keith Goolsby's remarks....

"We are very fortunate today. Our smoke detector went off around 6:30 this morning. A computer in our lower level caught fire. My son-in-law Davin Hagebush and I tried to put it out but the whole house was consumed within a couple of minutes. Thank God that Sarah Goolsby, our daughter Courtney Hagebusch, our son-in-law Davin Hagebusch, and our 3 month old grand-daughter Lolajo all made it out of the house. Davin and I have a couple of minor burns but otherwise are ok. We made it out with only the clothes on our back and lost everything else in the fire. It could have been much worse.

Thank You for all of the prayers, text, emails, and calls. Keep us in your prayers.

God is good....All the time"

-Keith Goolsby, 5-3-2013

Don't you just love his last line.

Oh, and notice who is related to Keith and Sarah Goolsby, the Hagebuschs. Greg Hagebusch is the owner of Mid-America auto lifts in Aurora, Mo.

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Wooo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing

I hope there is a cold jail cell and a large male friend in Mr Goolsby's future. He is the epitome of a **** roach
Old 11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
redroadsterman
Heel & Toe

I am new to this conversation. I have been thinking about buying a radslift for my C2. How's the quality?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:02 PM
CaptainKirk14
1st Gear

Default Customer Expereince with Scott at Rad Lifts

Originally Posted by redroadsterman
I am new to this conversation. I have been thinking about buying a radslift for my C2. How's the quality?
I just found this forum today as I am in the hunt for my second lift. I have to say I am not surprised to read the commentary in this thread based on my experience with Rad Lifts recently. Specifically Scott. Here's my feedback and experience. If you don't mind experiencing the following, then go for it.

I ordered my lift and of course was told I needed to pay for it up front. This I'll never do again and only did it as they were referenced to me by friends who had made a purchase with them. Then I was put off with every excuse in the book after having asked before I paid to make sure they had it in stock. The story transformed through several iterations from manufacturing woes to delivery woes. End result - I waited better than two months.

I specifically asked if the lift was American made and Scott told me yes. You might not be surprised to find it wasn't but I was. I was shocked and mad as a hornet.

The installer who retrieved it from the shipping dock called me and told me it was crated inappropriately and was damaged as a result and wanted to bring it to my house and store it until I could get a replacement. I am not joking. I bought a lift because I needed the room.

The damage was more disappointing than it was impactful. Regardless, my first lift and I really expected it to be in like new condition given it was new.

A byproduct of the crating caused any paperwork that might have been provided to be lost. I requested manuals and the parts list, etc. several times from Scott. Promises made and - well, you get the picture. I still don't have a stich of paperwork other than my credit card bill.

To add insult to injury, when my credit card was hit for the install fee, they nailed me for $100 more than we had agreed. Scott quit taking my calls as soon as I requested the refund.

To boot, they dinged up my epoxy floor to the point where I am going to have to sand it and reapply the epoxy in the bay they set it up in. The installer of hire turns out to be an individual whose helping hand is his wife. No slight intended, but there is some heavy lifting and they really struggled and I expected more.

The quality is not appropriate. What I mean by that is they have more welds than they need, and thank god. I did better welding in middle school shop. The savings grace is they did engineer the set up adequately but did not manage production quality worth snot.

There you have it.

Talking to Champion Lifts out of Springfield, MO now. Can anyone chime in on what I can expect from them? They don't require any deposit and sound much more trustworthy but one never knows until well into the experience.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk14
I just found this forum today as I am in the hunt for my second lift. I have to say I am not surprised to read the commentary in this thread based on my experience with Rad Lifts recently. Specifically Scott. Here's my feedback and experience. If you don't mind experiencing the following, then go for it.

I ordered my lift and of course was told I needed to pay for it up front. This I'll never do again and only did it as they were referenced to me by friends who had made a purchase with them. Then I was put off with every excuse in the book after having asked before I paid to make sure they had it in stock. The story transformed through several iterations from manufacturing woes to delivery woes. End result - I waited better than two months.

I specifically asked if the lift was American made and Scott told me yes. You might not be surprised to find it wasn't but I was. I was shocked and mad as a hornet.

The installer who retrieved it from the shipping dock called me and told me it was crated inappropriately and was damaged as a result and wanted to bring it to my house and store it until I could get a replacement. I am not joking. I bought a lift because I needed the room.

The damage was more disappointing than it was impactful. Regardless, my first lift and I really expected it to be in like new condition given it was new.

A byproduct of the crating caused any paperwork that might have been provided to be lost. I requested manuals and the parts list, etc. several times from Scott. Promises made and - well, you get the picture. I still don't have a stich of paperwork other than my credit card bill.

To add insult to injury, when my credit card was hit for the install fee, they nailed me for $100 more than we had agreed. Scott quit taking my calls as soon as I requested the refund.

To boot, they dinged up my epoxy floor to the point where I am going to have to sand it and reapply the epoxy in the bay they set it up in. The installer of hire turns out to be an individual whose helping hand is his wife. No slight intended, but there is some heavy lifting and they really struggled and I expected more.

The quality is not appropriate. What I mean by that is they have more welds than they need, and thank god. I did better welding in middle school shop. The savings grace is they did engineer the set up adequately but did not manage production quality worth snot.

There you have it.

Talking to Champion Lifts out of Springfield, MO now. Can anyone chime in on what I can expect from them? They don't require any deposit and sound much more trustworthy but one never knows until well into the experience.
I wouldn't trust anyone selling lifts around Ozark, MO or Nixa, MO. Have you looked at Google Maps to see what their business address shows? Do you know who the principals are in this company?
Old 12-08-2016, 01:01 PM
TableRocked
2nd Gear

Just ran across this information on Keith and Sarah Goolsby. They are in the process of selling their home at 415 Tranquil Lane, Branson, Missouri. You might want to alert your legal contacts of their location.

From Taney County's GIS Assessor's Web Page https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/App...00-000-001.049

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/41...06923903_zpid/

MLS Listing #60058185
Old 12-08-2016, 04:19 PM
TableRocked
2nd Gear

Hating to see good folks ripped off, I posted earlier information I've found out about the owner of Superlifts, Keith Goolsby, selling his massive home in Branson, Missouri.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/41...06923903_zpid/

Checking the BBB site, I ran across Superior Lifts, owned by Keith Goolsby (see below). When you hit on the "website" button. Guess where it takes you? To Gemini Auto Lifts. I sure hope the Missouri attorney general is pursuing this guy. So far I can find lift businesses he's "started" in Georgia, Florida, Kansas, and now Missouri.

https://www.bbb.org/southwestern-mis...urora-mo-22027

Also found one of the owners of Superior Lifts, Tommy Melton, is listed as owning Parking Lifts Plus in Sheridan, CA. Who knows if Tommy Melton is another name for Keith Goolsby or not? http://www.manta.com/c/mb07tm8/parking-lifts-plus

Rad Industries with only 1 employee per the BBB, located in Nixa, MO, very close to Branson, Springfield, Aurora.
https://www.bbb.org/southwestern-mis...-nixa-mo-29160

USautolift with only 1 employee and per the BBB, located in Ozark, MO, right next to Nixa, right next to Branson, Right next to Springfield https://www.bbb.org/southwestern-mis...ozark-mo-39364

Champion Auto Lifts, in Ozark, MO, owner listed as "Keith" https://www.bbb.org/southwestern-mis...ozark-mo-43865

Champion Auto Lifts is also known as DMSEquipment, http://dmsequipment.com/index.html per info on the BBB page.

I hope the Attorney General looks into all this. These are tiny towns in rural Missouri. There is no reason why there is such a huge number of auto lift companies in one location unless they are all part of this group of crooks IMHO.

Last edited by TableRocked; 12-08-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: more info