Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Caravaggio [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Caravaggio [Dispute]

I hate to write anything but positive stuff about our vendors and I'm very patient, but sometimes its just too much . I know stuff can go wrong.

So here is the short and crisp timeline for my Carbon Daytona seat order from Caravaggio, please tell me if I'm being unrealistic:

9/13/2011 Carbon Daytona Seats Ordered & paid in full, delivery 7-8 weeks

11/9/2011 John is writing in the forum my seats are going out tomorrow

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...to-katech.html

12/1/2011 Sent quick email reminder with request for pic since I was told they are almost done

12/2/2011 John called and mentioned that seats are stuck in customs

12/8/2011 I was told that one seat fell of the truck and broke cable, which has been ordered

12/13/2011 After another email request for at least a quick picture I was told seats (are again) almost done

12/20/2011 I sent another reminder that I have not received any pictures or shipping confirmation (all I wanted to see is that they are in the works :-( )

12/21/2011 John told me he is just leaving Detroit and will send me info as soon as he is back home.

12/23/2011 You guessed it: No info, no picture, no tracking number, no seats

I had a buyer for my old Caravaggio C6 race seats who walked away after it took so long...

At this point I'm pretty upset as you can tell. I paid the expensive seats in full more than 3 month ago and all I get is the runaround. I bought C6 race seats about 1.5 years ago from John and it was a good experience, so in general I had confidence.
And then I still read on the forum about his 7-8 weeks build times .

I mean we are not talking about a $250 item here....

Last edited by Tact; 12-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

So on 11-9 "They are going out tomorrow" and on 12-13 "They are almost done"? Something don't sound right there. I'd be mad too. I went through something similar last year with a (former) vendor here so I know how you feel.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Bummer
Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andy82

I hate to write anything but positive stuff about our vendors and i'm very patient, but sometimes its just too much . I know stuff can go wrong.

So here is the short and crisp timeline for my carbon daytona seat order from caravaggio, please tell me if i'm being unrealistic:

9/13/2011 carbon daytona seats ordered & paid in full, delivery 7-8 weeks

11/9/2011 john is writing in the forum my seats are going out tomorrow

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...to-katech.html

12/1/2011 sent quick email reminder with request for pic since i was told they are almost done

12/2/2011 john called and mentioned that seats are stuck in customs

12/8/2011 i was told that one seat fell of the truck and broke cable, which has been ordered

12/13/2011 after another email request for at least a quick picture i was told seats (are again) almost done

12/20/2011 i sent another reminder that i have not received any pictures or shipping confirmation (all i wanted to see is that they are in the works :-( )

12/21/2011 john told me he is just leaving detroit and will send me info as soon as he is back home.

12/23/2011 you guessed it: No info, no picture, no tracking number, no seats

i had a buyer for my old caravaggio c6 race seats who walked away after it took so long...

At this point i'm pretty upset as you can tell. I paid the expensive seats in full more than 3 month ago and all i get is the runaround. I bought c6 race seats about 1.5 years ago from john and it was a good experience, so in general i had confidence.
And then i still read on the forum about his 7-8 weeks build times .

I mean we are not talking about a $250 item here....

this concerned me a little bit and it clearly states 7-8 weeks.
No problem here case closed...sound familiar?

Last edited by pewter99; 12-24-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: commentary not needed against forum rules
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
andy82
Safety Car

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm only stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less and always kept it clean language wise

On the other hand if I have positive feedback about a vendor you will see and hear about it as well!

Last edited by andy82; 12-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:38 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 849 Likes on 443 Posts

File a complaint with your credit card co. As stated above, money talks.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Wooo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:45 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

You can bet that if you hadn't paid in full and there was a balance to be paid upon delivery you would have had them in 6 weeks or less.

If you paid with a CC I would dispute it. That may put a fire were it needs to be...

Sorry for your situation Andy, especially after you've already done past business with him.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:18 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'm only stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less and always kept it clean language wise

On the other hand if I have positive feedback about a vendor you will see and hear about it as well!
imo, you have done just that: kept it to the facts. at first, I was going to say you were essentially "importing" something and all kinds of things can delay it.

but then, I thought back to that payment in full. I presume you are certain the charges either hit your credit card at the time of sending, or that your check was cashed.

again, while this is a high ticket item and people "walk away" from deposits on cheap and very expensive stuff, my view is there should be a DEPOSIT, not a payment in full at time of order. this is especially so if it's going to take weeks or, in this case, months* to deliver the product.

I believe that, due to the long wait with nothing done wrong on your part, you are entitled to, but may not receive, any compensation for your aggravation and time spent waiting. still, imo, you are entitled to it if your story is accurate.

if there is another side to this, I'd expect Caravaggio to explain it.

* this is week 15 since your order.

Last edited by AORoads; 12-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Op,

Hope you can get it worked out to your satisfaction. They seem to make good stuff.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I'm sorry, but why the heck would you pay UPFRONT. That right away should tell you these guys are bad news IMO. I don't care how many people here have used them, but that tells me they are using your cash to front other projects and so on and so forth.

I'm sorry you have issues and hope you get your seats.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:13 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
I'm sorry, but why the heck would you pay UPFRONT. That right away should tell you these guys are bad news IMO. I don't care how many people here have used them, but that tells me they are using your cash to front other projects and so on and so forth.

I'm sorry you have issues and hope you get your seats.

Don't you usually have to pay for something in full before the item is completed and shipped? Even with all the custom orders I have placed for my Vette over the years. If it's not paid for upfront the vendor won't even start on it. Why would they? Why would it be any different then buying something from say Amazon.com or any retailer. You pay first.

OP did you try to call or email John before opening this thread? Did you explain your frustration and let him know that you were going to post the details of the transaction on the forum? We all know the work Caravaggio does is hands down the highest quality on the forum. Not sure he would jeopardize his rep over 1 sale. I'm sure he will make it right for you.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Bernie Madoff / Ponzi scheme .. Seriously, it's all about float, or in more precise financial terms, using other people's $ as working capital while he can't say 'no' to an order. IMHO, taking FULL payment upfront is wrong unless you're asking for some kind of whacky customization. The Z06 seat in your photo is far from whacky ...

Good luck, OP, I'd sure think twice before I sent this cat any dough.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a clue people, Paying up front is typical.what's the big deal ?

For this type of product you have to wait.

Is the op worried he won't get the seats.?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by studiovette
Don't you usually have to pay for something in full before the item is completed and shipped? Even with all the custom orders I have placed for my Vette over the years. If it's not paideia pay for a house for upfront the vendor won't even start on it. Why would they? Why would it be any different then buying something from say Amazon.com or any retailer. You pay first.

OP did you try to call or email John before opening this thread? Did you explain your frustration and let him know that you were going to post the details of the transaction on the forum? We all know the work Caravaggio does is hands down the highest quality on the forum. Not sure he would jeopardize his rep over 1 sale. I'm sure he will make it right for you.
No, do you pay for a house before its built in full? I'm just saying this is a custom job and partial payment is all they should require and for sure that is all I would pay until the final product shows up at my house.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:55 AM
bb996+r1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't you usually have to pay for something in full before the item is completed and shipped? Even with all the custom orders I have placed for my Vette over the years. If it's not paid for upfront the vendor won't even start on it. Why would they? Why would it be any different then buying something from say Amazon.com or any retailer. You pay first.

Amazon or Ebay normally puts the funds in escrow. If you purchased something on the net and lets say shipping should take 2-3 weeks. If the item arrived 3- to whenever late, the vendor would have the funds held....and as Ricky said" You would have some splainin to do"
Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I am just wondering......seriously.......what is that big gap (grove or inlet) in the front of the seat for? That's looks kinda weird to me. Are you supposed to be strattling something?.......

Get notified of new replies

To Caravaggio [Dispute]

Old 12-24-2011, 02:51 AM
andy82
Safety Car

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I know that he has the highest quality products out there, there is no question about that, that's why I ordered (again) from him.

I also know that these vendors need upfront payment, there is no fuzz about that either.

I'm upset because I gave him numerous chances (email & calls) to tell me what is really going on and all I wanted was a picture as proof that the seats are in the works because I heard three times that they are almost ready. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

Last edited by Tact; 12-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:22 AM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm upset because I gave him numerous chances (email & calls) to tell me what is really going on and all I wanted was a picture as proof that the seats are in the works because I heard three times that they are almost ready. I don't think that is too much to ask for....
I don't blame you, I would be mad if someone lied to me multiple times.

Originally Posted by bb996+r1
BTW IBTL....This will be closed soon. Money talks.
I hope they don't lock it. I'd like to see this get resolved ASAP.

Last edited by brettbolt; 12-24-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 AM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of these CF Vendors take us for granted. I've experienced a similar situation and read many other vendors not honoring their part of the deal. Oh, yes...it's already been shipped.

Quick Reply: Caravaggio [Dispute]