Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

[DISPUTE] Hinson Super cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
cjg454ss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [DISPUTE] Hinson Super cars

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

Hinson Supercars

just got a call from seth, brian the owner or manager said he would not take them back a set of yella terra rockers i purchased , i guess they got me for about $500.00 and customer service means nothing. I spoke over the phone with them about my application and they stated the rockers would fit on the phone, they do not and yella terra also said they dont work on the LSx/lsx heads. Brian the manager or owner will NOT take them back now. I hope to see them at the LSx shoot out. what a worthless vendor.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Did you get in writing from them that they would fit?
What was their return policy on their invoice or web site.
If you have it in writing that they said they would fit, then I would call credit card co and initiate a charge back. Hell I would try to do it anyway
Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Contact a Mod. see if they can work it out or help you. Or just try to resell the rockers else were if nothing else.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by sabastian458
Contact a Mod. see if they can work it out or help you. Or just try to resell the rockers else were if nothing else.
Good luck with your situation
Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Moved to the Transactions and Feedback Section where it belongs....

lets keep this thread free (per forum rules) and I will attempt to contact Hinson for their side
Old 02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Did you get in writing from them that they would fit?
What was their return policy on their invoice or web site.
If you have it in writing that they said they would fit, then I would call credit card co and initiate a charge back. Hell I would try to do it anyway
How many times do people buy parts and get in writing it is the correct part? Few to none. They should be good for their word!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Everybody needs to calm down and get the facts straight. We have a great return policy and ALWAYS take care of the customer. I am out of the office today. I mention this because I am working with no direct communication with Chris (customer). I was asked to call him tomorrow to discuss this further. The next thing we see is a post bashing our company before the matter is finalized.

Our return policy is long but you can sum it up like this. All returns are subject to a restocking fee. It is not always enforced, but they are subject to it. If you install or customize the product, it cannot be returned. Parts must be returned in their original packaging for resale purposes.

I was told the customer lost the original packaging and had installed it. This does not fit within our return policy. However, I have since heard that they merely "touched oil." If that is the case, we are reasonable guys and could work out a return without the original packaging. This was intended to be discussed over the phone tomorrow. What should have been a simple phone discussion has been blown out proportion on the internet.

Unfortunately, I have no recollection of a pre-purchase conversation with Chris. He may have called without us remembering. His purchase was actually online and not with a sales tech. We know the Yella Terra line extremely well, but even if we made an incorrect recommendation, we could work through that too.

I will call you tomorrow to discuss the terms of your return as we agreed to do already.

Brian @
HINSON Motorsports
Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
cjg454ss
Instructor

thanks for moving the thread....like i said on yb, i was unaware of the family issue, the rockers do not need to be addressed imediately, family comes first, i hope everything is ok, thank you brian for responding.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

after this is resolved totally can one of the parties post an update and then I will close it.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
cjg454ss
Instructor

waiting on miss parts to get here now so i can send everything back together, per brians request. seems to be good now, was suppose to get a call back today but didnt, looks to be getting worked out.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
cjg454ss
Instructor

Brian at Hinson supercars took the rockers back and issued me a refund. Brian i believe is the owner and truley understands what good customer service is. once i talked to him he took care of the problem.
i would feel confident buying from them again

chris.

Get notified of new replies

To [DISPUTE] Hinson Super cars

Quick Reply: [DISPUTE] Hinson Super cars