Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Scammed by "SlingindirtM95"........BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Scammed by "SlingindirtM95"........BEWARE!

Beware this member as he sold me damaged parts and did NOT disclose it. He states they were damaged during shipping and it's obvious they weren't as the parts have rust on them. Now he has resorted to name calling and refusing to refund my money.

Beware of new members and their scams...............
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
Beware this member as he sold me damaged parts and did NOT disclose it. He states they were damaged during shipping and it's obvious they weren't as the parts have rust on them. Now he has resorted to name calling and refusing to refund my money.

Did you not request some good photos of the parts you were buying?

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I try to only buy from members who have been on the forum a while and have a good reputation.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Appears the fastest & easiest recourse here is to file a claim with the shipper. Seriously don't think a he said-she said's going to get you satisfaction with this individual.

BTW, now that you've said who, what'd you buy & what're you out??
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Did you not request some good photos of the parts you were buying?

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I try to only buy from members who have been on the forum a while and have a good reputation.
No, I didn't request pics and perhaps I should have. Another lesson learned as I should have known not to buy from new members.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

No, I didn't request pics and perhaps I should have. Another lesson learned as I should have known not to buy from new members.
I'd certainly try to confirm the condition of the item(s) beforehand but I wouldn't necessarily condemn all new forum members. Problems could arise with long-time forum members as well. I think it's worth pointing out that not all forum members are Corvette owners or enthusiasts buying and selling parts from or for their own car. There are quite-a-few 'profiteers' who make a living (on forums) middling parts they buy and intend to resell. There's nothing wrong with that per se just remember many buyers/sellers are professional middlemen....not Corvette owners.

I don't buy or sell part often but in one instance a buyer wanted me to split the items I was selling him and ship them to the other people he was reselling the parts to. I'd be damned if I was going to do his shipping for him. I said I'll sell and ship you the parts and what you do with them after that is up to you.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM
hogan35
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you send the money as a gift?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Hopefully you didnt gift the funds over to him. If you didnt file a duspute through paypal or your cc company and you should be ok. Thanks for the scammer alert.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Unfortunately yes: I gifted it and got burnt. The seller refuses to refund my money and continues his name calling. To top it off: I haven't even received all the pieces he promised me either.

Hell of a thing to do to people during the Christmas season. Kharma will get him!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
hogan35
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased a pair of Z06 springs from him. He also wanted me to gift him the money and got kind of mad when I said no. I should receive them next Thursday. I hope I didn't get screwed.

Last edited by hogan35; 12-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Here's some of our dialogue:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingindirtM95
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sir i have never ripped anybody off. Maybe you should look at the pic again. You can CLEARLY see all the studs are there. I have no reason to lie. I spent over $100 to ship it all to you and you have everything there and you want a full refund. Sorry my friend thats just no how things work. As far as the situation the studs are torq to yeild bolts so not sure if you know what that means. It means there to be torqed one time then there useless and need to be replaced. So the only issue left is a stud got broke off in shipping so not sure what the issue is? Its an easy fix if your not capable of doing yourself a muffler shop can have it out in 5 min. So omce again sit back and look at it for what it is. Sometimes things happen luckly it an easy fix and doesnt effect anything with the exhaust. I cant control what happens in shipping. I deal with everyone straight up ande honest so to say otherwise to me is a big disrepect to me so im trying to stay calm because the situation is not a big deal and easily fixed. If you want to make a big deal over something that accidently happend in shipping there is nothing i can do, but tell you the resolution which is an easy one.

Thanks Matt

sitsituation is not a bg deal.ams is an easy fix

No Sir! There are only three studs on the mani on the right side of your picture. That is the one that has the missing stud that you sent me. I will take a picture of it in the morning and post it here so everyone on this firoum will know you are dishonest. There is rust on it so there is no way it could have been damaged in shipping and there's no broken stud in the shipping box. I removed every piece of paper and did not find any stud.

You owe me a full refund!

You know what i am tired of being nice. The stud was not broken at all. Sorry it wasnt. If you want to act like a full grown baby about it. I am an adult and handle things that way as well. Its an easy fix, but for some reason you refuse to accept that. Your a person thats looks for problems instead of solutions. Your gonna start a bunch of drama on a computer forum for no reason when something is easily fixed i just dont get it???? Explain to me why it is an issue. It happend in shipping amd i could fix it in 10 mins. So if it were there i would have taken it out before i shipped it to you. I would rather not start the internet drama, but some peaple are no happy at all. I have done everything i can for you amd for whatever reason you think blasting me on the forum is gonna do you some sort of justice or something. Why is so hard to just fix it???????? Accidents happen in car parts when you ship heavy things.

You did not disclose the damage. You owe me a full refund!

So something that accidently happend in shipping that is easily fixed your dont want to do that? Hmmmmmmm. You just want your moneu back and keep everythong as well????. Lol. You have posting all that on the forum your reasoning is stupid and the your just trying to get something for nothing. I was gonna shoot you some money back where you could get that damage fixed that happen in shipping, but after talking to you and realizing you dont want to make things right you just want free stuff. Goodluck with it. To whatever you feel you need to do. I tried everything i could, but your a person that obviously cant be made happy.

I don't know where you got the idea that I want free stuff. I never said that. You did not disclose the damage and you scammed me. Please refund my full payment and fee and I will ship the items back to you. Please do so ASAP!

I tried to work this out nicely with you and nothing. Its an easy fix and you sir are not reasonable at all. So i dont deal with people like you.

My time is worth more than the effort to REPAIR the non-disclosed damage. He is a coward and should be thankful he's not local. I simply want a refund.

I won't buy from non venders any longer. I know there's lots of good people here but I guess I got unlucky and happened to be his first victim.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

This seller scammed me again by not sending me all the parts he promised to deliver.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Hoodscoop
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive to visit him.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Anybody down in Dawsonville, GA want to pay him a visit? Doubt it would do any good though as he is a dishonorable person and will just run and hide.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM
SlingindirtM95
Instructor

YOU WERE NOT SCAMMED

Okay I am only going to respond to this one time for the Mods. I'm gonna start off by saying this guy will not try to fix anything and just refuses to work like an adult on this situation. Easy start. I sold the exhaust above to this guy he wanted the h pipe as well that I didn't have listed so I said I will just give you the H -pipe if you just pay for shipping(Guess I shouldn't be nice).

Well once he got it he said there is a small dent in the h pipe. There are a couple of notches GM puts in them for clearances and I'm sure that what it is. So I ask for a picture of it never got it. I ask if the package had any damage on it he never responded to either of those just comes back with I want a full refund your ripped me off. Okay so the manifolds came in and I left the studs in them and I guess banging around in the box since there so heavy broke one of the studs. Okay accidents happen in shipping I do my best to package everything up the best I can, but either way it got broken. The cats obviously are fine. He sends me a message and wants a FULL refund over something that happened as an accident saying I ripped him off and its a raw deal. So we go back and forth in PM which I have as well and I'm telling him how to correct this small issue that happened that was not like that when I shipped them and he is saying I completely ripped him off because of this.

The guys reasoning is very off. Anyways I still try to explain this to him that its not a big deal to get the stud out that they needed to be replaced anyways. Well once again he didn't want to hear it he wants a FULL refund. Granted I spent over $100 to ship all this stuff that I only sold for $375 shipped to begin with(while giving the H pipe for free). I tell him if he can not get the stud out take it to a muffler shop and they will have it out in 5 min and I will cover that . He says no he wants a FULL refund. So he is not making any effort to fix a small issue that happened in shipping and had nothing to do with me. This is an easy fix and does not effect anything at all with them as far as there use or performance. So as far as name calling I called him crazy after 5 PM's saying solutions to a small issue that was not my fault and a easy fix so yeah I guess name calling as he puts it. I can only be nice so long before you become frustrated with someone who refuses all solutions.

Then he comes back with he has the picture above of the exhaust and you can clearly see the stud is gone. Well everyone if you look above you can clearly see all the studs are there prior to shipping. So once again I say this person is impossible to deal with. It was a simple fix and this guy refuses to do anything and just wants a Full refund for no reason. I have dealt with tons of members on here over the internet and in person and have never had an issue with anyone. But all the sudden for a couple of hundred dollars I'm gonna intentionally rip this guy off. Sorry that's just not me. Its an easy fix to and an accident that happend in shipping and he refuses to fix the issue and wants a full refund. Well I'm sorry I have worked with this guy for 2 days now on this and after all I say above on the fix and nothing is hurt and 5 min fix he still refuses. I am starting to wonder if he decided to go a different route on something and is wanting his money back and trying to find every excuse to do so. Anyone can go back and look how many I have worked with and would never rip anyone off or be dishonest. This guy obviously is looking for a refund because he changed his mind. A 5 min fix at a muffler shop if he couldn't do it himself and I would cover it and he refuses and wants a FULL refund? HMMMMMMMMMM. Sorry just doesn't sound right to me and I think he is trying to scam me at this point so thats all I have to say to the guy and the situation.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM
SlingindirtM95
Instructor

Also why don't you go look at my past transactions. I guess I have done over 50 transaction without issues and all the sudden I decide to rip you off no don't think so. As far as a coward and if you were in front of me you would do what???. Lol is all I can say about that one. Lets stop the keyboard fighting.

I am an honest seller and tried to fix it, but you refused. It was an accident in shipping and a simple fix. So get a life

Last edited by SlingindirtM95; 12-11-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
SuperchargedStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold up.. I've bought a few items now from him and no issues. In fact, he even offered up an additional part to compliment one I bought at a low or fair price. He's been parting out stuff for weeks, I've seen no issues. I was gonna buy those springs in fact too along with other stuff but got a local deal instead. This sounds isolated.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM
wes2741
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've also done business with SlingindirtM95, and he went out of his way to make the deal work for me. As a matter of fact he went 8 hours in one direction out his way. Not only did he meet me with the purchased parts, but I got the parts for a little cheaper than he originally advertised. I can't imagine him working so hard to please me, then turning around and ripping someone else off. I would like to see pictures as well. There's two sides to every story, and from what this post says I would have to believe Matt.

Get notified of new replies

To Scammed by "SlingindirtM95"........BEWARE!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Mike McGinnis
Racer

I to have done SEVERAL transactions with SlingindirtM95. The parts were ALWAYS delivered in excellent shape, just as the pictures described. This guy with work with you to sell you a part, complete customer satisfaction IMO. He met me in Valdosta GA where I picked up some interior parts, he even made the longer portion of the drive to seal the deal. He is super easy to deal with, and has a proven track record. And as for the gift payments via PayPal, that's e-commerce life. Nobody likes to pay PayPal fees, and those fees can eat up a lot of profit for the seller. So really he is doing you a favor because if fees where charged, prices would go up. I understand it is a game of trust, but I sent him quite a bit of money through PayPal, and he delivered on his promises EVERY TIME.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
turbo87
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had about five transactions with SlingindirtM95 in the last 3 months. Everthing was always packed really nice. Shipping was always fast. He was always easy to deal with and always returned any emails in a short time. I was given the opition of sending paypal as a gift or pay the fee.I always sent it as a gift to save me some money. I have never had any issues,i will continue to do business with HIM..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
krf
Racer

Default Here you go....

Anybody down in Dawsonville, GA want to pay him a visit? Doubt it would do any good though as he is a dishonorable person and will just run and hide.
You asked, so I did it for you....here is my assessment:

I met Matt in person and purchased a set of 2008 Z06 seats for my "Resto Mod" never having seen or talked with him prior on 2 October 2012.

I found the condition of the seats to be far "better than he described" and the pricing to be very fair.

He showed up promptly and on time, and gave me ample time to see what I was buying.

He is a "corvette guy" ...... need I say more. We talked cars for hours and my take is that he would never cheat anyone....he would loose money on a deal before he would risk an unsatified customer.

You want my assessment: stop the "name calling" as this get's you no where in a hurry, I believe you simply "insulted" the seller's sense of "fair play" to the point where he is clearly at a loss to do anything to please you. I understand that you feel "cheated" and you have money involved which makes it even more personal.....step back, take a deep breath and make sure that you have this right.

SlingindirtM95 treated me more than fairly and as I have since discovered has an excellent reputation here locally for sharing a lot of knowledge and expertise simply for the "love" of the hobby.

I have no "dog in this hunt".....but since you asked.....

Keith

Last edited by krf; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.