Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My tale of woe with D&M Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Lash
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My tale of woe with D&M Restoration

For any of you getting ready to ship your instrument cluster and/or radio out for restoration, whatever you do, DO NOT use D&M Restoration!

This is my sad experience with them:

In August of 2012, I sent the instrument cluster and radio from my 1963 roadster to D&M Restorations for a complete restoration service.

In October 2012, I received the instrument cluster and radio back from D&M. Bill: $1,200 for the instrument cluster, $525 for the radio (which they sub out to someone else).

The radio did not work, neither did the fuel gauge. I returned the radio and fuel gauge to D&M for repair under warranty October 13, 2012.

I received the radio back January 7, 2013. The tuning shaft was bent at a 90 degree angle, the volume shaft was pushed into the body of the radio, and there was damage to the bottom of the radio. I immediately contacted D&M, sent pictures of the damage, and told D&M I expected to be reimbursed for the damage. To date, they have not reimbursed me.

Get this. On January 23, 2013, I spoke yet again with D&M Restoration. They told me that the fuel gauge had shipped, and provided me with a FedEx tracking number. On January 30, 2013, I attempted to track the package through the FedEx tracking system and was told that the tracking number did not exist.

So I call D&M and tell them this; they do some checking and whoops! They sent my fuel gauge to someone in Plano, Texas, by "accident"!

A week later I finally get it back.

So here we are, March 1, 2013, still nothing on paying me for my radio that they're responsible for damaging, and they aren't responding to my emails.

D&M did my clock back in 1998 and they did a great job, which is why I used them again. Sad to say, looks like they're just in it for the money.

This has been going on for eight months! EIGHT MONTHS!!! I wouldn't post this here if their customer service was worth a . . . . well, you get the picture.

Do NOT, DO NOT send your irreplaceable gauges and radio to D&M Restoration!

That old saying about the buyer beware? Well, it's true!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:16 AM
dandmweb
7th Gear

D&M regrets this happened to your radio. We have worked diligently with both the Better Business Bureau and FedEx to rectify this situation. It is extremely rare that situations like this occur however we insure every item that ships out of our facility in case of such events.

We contacted our shipper, Fedex to follow up and find out what happened with the package that was sent. FedEx informed us that the item and original packaging were not together and the original box had been discarded.

If I recall correctly this may have occurred when we were short staffed and I was doing double duty. If this occurred on my watch I the time I deeply apologize. We take great care in packing our restored items from small motors, rare gauge and classic car radios. We know the value of these items both financially and sentimentally.

D&M has been in business over 35 years with many satisfied customers.
Please visit our site for a listing of customer testimonials.

We ask if anyone does receive an item damaged during the shipping process to please save the original packaging as that will expedite and help the claim process.

D&M has a one year warranty on all items as is stated on every invoice we send out. If anyone has any questions or concerns they are always welcome to contact us.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Lash
8th Gear

Let me remind you:

"From: D&M Support <support@dandmrestoration.com>
>Sent: Jan 16, 2013 8:39 AM
>To: lahue@mindspring.com
>Subject: Re: Attention Patrick >>> Fw: RE: Wonderbar radio repair
>
>I am working with FedEx on the Insurance options and also looking into the shaft or radio replacement. You are right their is no excuse. I am making note of these shipping procedures. I had thought I had packed it as securely as possible but I was wrong. I'm on this and will get it taken care of ASAP. Once again I apologize. I want to make everything right for you."

If you would reimburse me the $525, that would "make it right."
Old 10-28-2017, 07:37 AM
CCinPA
3rd Gear

Default UPDATE: Recent interaction with D&M

I too am having a problem with D&M Restoration. After many months of no progress... It seems now I have their owner's attention by filing a complaint with these folks: https://applications.sc.gov/DCACompl...gin/Index.aspx This is informational if anyone else is having problems with D&M.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:31 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Seems like if they do have a problem of any kind & the problem is on them you can forget about getting your money for it or any kind of refund back. D&M you may have been in business for 35 years are what ever BUT YOU STILL DONT DO YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS..Robert

Get notified of new replies

To My tale of woe with D&M Restoration

Quick Reply: My tale of woe with D&M Restoration