Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Re: Turner corvette victor, ny

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 PM
JTB185
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turner corvette victor, ny

I would just like to let everyone know about my 2 experiences with Turner Automotive in Victor NY, I am beyond disappointed and would strongly advise people to stay away from them!! First, was last year I asked them to do a full doll up on my 95 C4 that I was going to be selling once it was ready. For the price I paid I expected the car to look new, they did a poor job I had to redo several things, and honestly I think the kids at delta sonic could have done a better job. Second, recently purchased some parts I don't want to get into details but lets just say they pulled a fast one on me, and sold me a useless part. Not only do they sell over priced corvettes that anyone can buy for 1000s if not 10s of 1000s less then there crazy prices, but there service and honesty is very disappointing.... stay away from these sharks
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ?????

If your going to dump you should at least be very specific.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM
JTB185
Intermediate

was trying to post this in general,
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

I am sorry to hear about your experience with them.

I live in Southern CA and about 2 years ago, happened to be in western upstate New York and came across these guys completely by chance because I was passing through the area. Since Victor, NY is not the biggest town on the map and certainly not well known at least to California folk, I had to go in to talk to these guys and check this place out. I explained to them I was from CA and told them about my modified C5Z...even showed them pictures of it on my iPhone. Instead of saying, that's nice, now go away and let us make some money, they were very welcoming and pleasant, gave me a tour of their facility (corvette lot and mechanics shop), we talked corvettes a little bit, and then I even left with a free Turner T-Shirt.

Any car lot is in the business to make money. You will always pay top dollar for a vehicle in any retail environment... they have to make a profit to survive. From a business standpoint, since they only cater to a corvette market (which is smaller than the average car market), that only makes it even harder on them. Sure, in principle, I don't like high prices on car lots but I certainly understand it. When you first brought the car in, were you crystal clear as to what you wanted done and the expectations you had? When the work was completed, did you express your dissatisfaction to them and were they willing to accommodate you in any way?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

My question is this... Why did you do back the 2nd time if you were so unhappy the 1st time?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
My question is this... Why did you do back the 2nd time if you were so unhappy the 1st time?
Very nice avitar!!!
Regards Bill!
Jeff
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 PM
JTB185
Intermediate

2 time was for parts only. I thought to myself well I'm just buying parts no big deal, it was a big deal they were dishonest. Also let me point out that I'm 29 years old and have a young look to myself, witch I believe is why I was treated the way I was. I'm also a NYS auto retailer, a small lot that I run and own.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
JTB185
Intermediate

No you don't always have to pay top dollar in the auto retail world, I sell my vehicles much cheaper then the large dealers and I personally drive them, and not just around the lot like they do. I'm able to sell vehicles cheaper because my overhead is very small, and I do not work off a "floorplan" like must other dealers, that said I again think its outrageous that Turner Automotive asks the prices they do.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JTB185
I would just like to let everyone know about my 2 experiences with Turner Automotive in Victor NY, I am beyond disappointed and would strongly advise people to stay away from them!! First, was last year I asked them to do a full doll up on my 95 C4 that I was going to be selling once it was ready. For the price I paid I expected the car to look new, they did a poor job I had to redo several things, and honestly I think the kids at delta sonic could have done a better job. Second, recently purchased some parts I don't want to get into details but lets just say they pulled a fast one on me, and sold me a useless part. Not only do they sell over priced corvettes that anyone can buy for 1000s if not 10s of 1000s less then there crazy prices, but there service and honesty is very disappointing.... stay away from these sharks
Sending you a PM

Originally Posted by Z06ster
I am sorry to hear about your experience with them.

I live in Southern CA and about 2 years ago, happened to be in western upstate New York and came across these guys completely by chance because I was passing through the area. Since Victor, NY is not the biggest town on the map and certainly not well known at least to California folk, I had to go in to talk to these guys and check this place out. I explained to them I was from CA and told them about my modified C5Z...even showed them pictures of it on my iPhone. Instead of saying, that's nice, now go away and let us make some money, they were very welcoming and pleasant, gave me a tour of their facility (corvette lot and mechanics shop), we talked corvettes a little bit, and then I even left with a free Turner T-Shirt.

Any car lot is in the business to make money. You will always pay top dollar for a vehicle in any retail environment... they have to make a profit to survive. From a business standpoint, since they only cater to a corvette market (which is smaller than the average car market), that only makes it even harder on them. Sure, in principle, I don't like high prices on car lots but I certainly understand it. When you first brought the car in, were you crystal clear as to what you wanted done and the expectations you had? When the work was completed, did you express your dissatisfaction to them and were they willing to accommodate you in any way?
Before Mr. Turner passed away, this is what the business was about... Taking care of people. I used to work there but moved on shortly after Bill passed. I can't say I am surprised in what the OP feels.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:23 AM
VILeninDM
8th Gear

I've taken my 2002 Z06 to them a few times for minor things and always had pleasant experience and prices seemed on par with what I'd expect.

However, they were just bought by Van Bortel and they just called to cancel my service appointment and said they are now referring everyone to a Van Bortel Chevy dealership in Macedon.

If not Turner, anyone know of any other good, local and private places that do good work?
Old 05-19-2016, 02:26 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

This thread was 3 years old and apparently the company is out of business.

Get notified of new replies

To Re: Turner corvette victor, ny

Quick Reply: Re: Turner corvette victor, ny