Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Madvette Motorsports

Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Madvette Motorsports

Any one have any experience with them?

I ordered a part almost 3 weeks ago from them, charged the credit card, haven't gotten any communication from them. I ordered the Vette Tray and I tried calling, e-mail, their website, etc. etc. etc.

No communication back.
No tracking number.
No product.

Credit Card definitely charged on the 13th of June.

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM
corvette4689
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I ordered the c6 vette bin portion combo
I waited 3 months, and had several problems
contacting him. I was told it shipped and it did not
I eventually made contact with him and it was
Sent 4 days after he said it was. They were having bad
Storms when I purchased my items, but don't
Tell me you sent something when u didn't
Fantastic product though. I wouldn't order
Anything from there again. There are to many
Excellent vendors on this forum who sell similar
Products.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 867 Likes on 371 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

You are having problems and others as well. You may want to consider contacting your credit card and disputing the charge. Then order it from a reputable vendor.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette4689
Yes, I ordered the c6 vette bin portion combo
I waited 3 months, and had several problems
contacting him. I was told it shipped and it did not
I eventually made contact with him and it was
Sent 4 days after he said it was. They were having bad
Storms when I purchased my items, but don't
Tell me you sent something when u didn't
Fantastic product though. I wouldn't order
Anything from there again. There are to many
Excellent vendors on this forum who sell similar
Products.

Hope this helps.
Were you part of this fiasco????

I finally got mine too but there were some unhappy people....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...0-shipped.html
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Jimmy52
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I sympathize with you regarding some Vendors. I just went thru this with "Speed Lingerie" and ended up filing a transaction dispute on the feedback page. (still not over yet). Had to have my bank give me my credit back for what I spent too. $300-$400. It really pisses you off when you trust a vendor to promise to deliver what you paid for and never get a positive response, nor the items in return. I'd call my bank and dispute the transaction now being 3 weeks. I went 7 weeks and had had enough. Good Luck
Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Were you part of this fiasco????

I finally got mine too but there were some unhappy people....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...0-shipped.html
Oh man, I was part of that fiasco and I thought because of that he went out of business. I know he was kicked off the forum vendor list for it among other things. I'm pretty sure he started working for Vetnuts.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Jimmy52
I sympathize with you regarding some Vendors. I just went thru this with "Speed Lingerie" and ended up filing a transaction dispute on the feedback page. (still not over yet). Had to have my bank give me my credit back for what I spent too. $300-$400. It really pisses you off when you trust a vendor to promise to deliver what you paid for and never get a positive response, nor the items in return. I'd call my bank and dispute the transaction now being 3 weeks. I went 7 weeks and had had enough. Good Luck
well I don't know if they read the forums or not but shortly after posting this thread voila I got a response.

I won't get into the details for why they claim things were "silent". The product I bought was a gift from my girlfriend and she was worried her card may have gotten compromised. I'm out my birthday gift and she's out almost $300 in cash. Will update when I find out / get the product.

EDIT: Only reason I went with this company is because they claimed to be the "original" developer of said product. Otherwise I would have went with a forum vendor. I think from here on out if I buy more for this car that's the route I'm going and not from a non-forum vendor.

Last edited by Nosferatu; 07-02-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

If it will make you feel any better, when you do finally get it you will be pleased. He does excellent work but his customer service is less than mediocre.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
If it will make you feel any better, when you do finally get it you will be pleased. He does excellent work but his customer service is less than mediocre.

The Vettebin and partition I got from him looks like it came with the car. It still looks great several years later.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
radman159
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top notch products but it does take time to recieve them.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I thought I read awhile ago that the company sold and someone else was running it. Anyone else?

Here it is, Aug., 2011 (and yes, the former owner of Madvettes does work at Vettenuts):

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...artitions.html

Last edited by AORoads; 07-02-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Bradl1982
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL this guy is still selling stuff? I dealt with him years ago with my first vette and his customer service is horrible! Actually worse than horrible. It was the worst experience I've ever had with buying something. He would not respond to anything until like the 5th email then he flat out lied and said he sent it but it must've been lost in the mail. Took about 4 months to get my sub box. There were tons of threads back then complaining about the company. They were all closed quickly because he was a paying sponsor. Bottom line: Corvette Forum, do not order from Madvettes unless you're ok with waiting a few months for your product and you don't care if you get any kind of update while you're waiting.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Good luck. Forever and one day it was here.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
tilithz
Advanced

I would suggest reading the Terms and Conditions before ordering, and contact them before ordering if you have any time concerns, or need your product in a certain time.
After all, you do accept the terms and conditions when ordering... custom products take time to build whenit is 1 person running the entire business. Just saying.... get your facts straight, ask questions, and be aware of what's going on before ordering from any vendor, CF sponsor or not.
There is probably several reasons unknown to us, behind what happens in life for a vendor, and we should not be so quick to judge.
Why do we as forum members stoop so low to resort to threads like these? Maybe there is a reason that this vendor doesn't want to even advertise here anymore... Sad.

We should all find good things to say and do, besides taking the time out of our day to tear vendors and other forum members down without knowing what is going on, or because we don't like the mods they did to their Corvette.

I digress. I don't like drama or witch hunts.

Here is the link to those terms: http://www.corvettecaraudio.com/terms-and-conditions/
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Dave Hale has not worked for me in over 17 months. He went to SuperVettes in FL and recently reopened Madvette.

He has also written a Corvette Audio book with with limited signed editions by the author himself, im surprised no one has heard of it.

He is up to his old tricks again, he was banned here for taking money from customers and never shipping product. When he came to me wanting a job i had one stipulation: Full fill all product owed. I purchased all materials and he worked for 4 weeks in my shop catching up all back orders before he ever made the first product for VetteNuts. Had it not been for that god only knows what would have happened to all those customers.

Good luck on getting your money back, im sure your not the only one.

Last edited by Marc@Vettenuts.net; 07-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
Dave Hale has not worked for me in over 17 months. He went to SuperVettes in FL and recently reopened Madvette.

He has also written a Corvette Audio book with with limited signed editions by the author himself, im surprised no one has heard it.

He is up to his old tricks again, he was banned here for taking money from customers and never shipping product. When he came to me wanting a job i had one stipulation: Full fill all product owed. I purchased all materials and he worked for 4 weeks in my shop catching up all back orders before he ever made the first product for VetteNuts. Had it not been for that god only knows what would have happened to all those customers.

I wish I knew this all ahead of time...I would have sent my business elsewhere. I feel bad for my girlfriend with this whole situation since it's her cash.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

once a CON always a CON

Get notified of new replies

To Madvette Motorsports

Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
I wish I knew this all ahead of time...I would have sent my business elsewhere. I feel bad for my girlfriend with this whole situation since it's her cash.
We build them and a much better version.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Marc@Vettenuts, thank you for updating the admittedly older (2011) thread re Madvette and Vettenuts.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
VetteNGT500
Racer

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net

He has also written a Corvette Audio book with with limited signed editions by the author himself, im surprised no one has heard of it.

I was one of the orders that Marc filled for this guy wayyyy back when, when I thought I was out $200. DO NOT confuse MADVETTES with VETTENUTS, Marc is a stand up guy, sounds like MADVETTES is up to his old tricks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Madvette Motorsports