Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

62 resto mod DISASTER with Street Shop Chassis

Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

To the OP here man hate it that crap like this happens. But by the looks of those pic,s you posted who ever did the welding points on it had to be drunk for sure. Plus dont know how any shop could let something like that go out of a shop..

All and no more to say that is CRAP...Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 08-24-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Resurrecting this thread since I'm looking into aftermarket chassis. Was there ever any resolution to these issues?

BH
Old 08-24-2018, 12:06 PM
don peters
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default response to your post

Short answer no. I am including 2 drawings that show Street Shop used the scam of “bait and switch” on this frame I purchased from them. The drawings show the end views of the front and rear dimensions from a 1962 Corvette frame and the dimensions of the Street Shop frame. Most know that the bumper brackets for both the front and rear are bolted to the outside of the frame rails. There is absolutely no way either front or rear bumpers can be attached to this Street Shop frame as Mr. Walden claimed.This “bait and switch” by this company has cost this senior citizen over $7530 of my retirement savings and is not counting any aggravation or other problems I have encountered with this company.On two (2) separate occasions I offered Mr. Walden or his representative round trip airfare, food and lodging to see in person the issues with this Street Shop frame. They have ignored every and all emails and telephone calls.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Thanks Don,

I had to go looking for this thread as I forgot about. Just had a shop in Texas suggest sending my car to SS as they were the best in the business in his opinion and they could build me the car I wanted............obviously I can't use either of these people. What a scary world we live in. I really feel for you sir.

Butch
Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by don peters
Short answer no. I am including 2 drawings that show Street Shop used the scam of “bait and switch” on this frame I purchased from them. The drawings show the end views of the front and rear dimensions from a 1962 Corvette frame and the dimensions of the Street Shop frame. Most know that the bumper brackets for both the front and rear are bolted to the outside of the frame rails. There is absolutely no way either front or rear bumpers can be attached to this Street Shop frame as Mr. Walden claimed.This “bait and switch” by this company has cost this senior citizen over $7530 of my retirement savings and is not counting any aggravation or other problems I have encountered with this company.On two (2) separate occasions I offered Mr. Walden or his representative round trip airfare, food and lodging to see in person the issues with this Street Shop frame. They have ignored every and all emails and telephone calls.

That guy is a real piece of work. I would suggest anybody looking for an aftermarket chassis look elsewhere.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:30 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Amen brother!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 62 resto mod DISASTER with Street Shop Chassis