Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Shout out for Bill Mock water pumps

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Shout out for Bill Mock water pumps

All;

Ive got to give a shout out for a stand up guy. Bill Mock, Mock Automotive Specialties, just happened to be in Oklahoma when I needed a water pump for our 63, 340hp.

Long story short, this guy stands behind his product 110%.
W
I had what I thought was an issue with the front bearing of the pump.

When I called him and described my issue he, without question, shipped a new replacement and paid for the shipping!

When we finally got into the pump issue we found that most, if not all, of the issue was the harmonic balancer. It came right off by hand!!!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...e-problem.html

Bill's pumps are not cheap. If you want cheap, go to Autozone.

If you want correct and the highest quality then Bill is your guy and you just can't hardly buy this kind of service anymore.

I'm so glad I supported someone in the hobby that is such a top shelf person.

You Rock Mock

He is in the Drive Line for NCRS.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 11-01-2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Non supporting vendor phone number removed
Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe you could update your original thread with what you found so that future forum searchers who find your thread will see that a bad balancer can cause the problem you described.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You bet Jeff.

I pick up the car in the AM and was going to take pics.

I fixed the PS and Belt position as well so I wanted to report back on that as well.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 AM
Old Vet
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Unsatisified Mock Customer

I would disagree with the "Mock Warranty and or Service"

I had a water pump rebuilt by Mock awhile back, it started leaking so I called Mock with my receipt in hand.

Mr Mock said that he was using a new repair kit and that the older kit was no longer warrantied....not happy. I replaced with a NAPA water pump and put the MOCK pump on the shelf.....

So I wouldn't say that Mr Mock always stands behind his work, but maybe dances around it......
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM
BillMock
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Unhappy Customer

Sir: Please explain what water pump you purchased from me and when you purchased it. I've been selling rebuilt original casting number Corvette water pumps since 1978. Originally I offered a one year warranty and then offered a lifetime warranty on all water pumps purchased starting on 1/1/2010. I have only used one "rebuild kit" over all these years. I am sorry that you are a unhappy camper so please call me to discuss.
Regards,
Bill Mock
Bartlesville,OK

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 11-01-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Non supporting vendor phone number removed
Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Rebuilding water pumps is pretty much a generic process. As long as the casting and impeller are good, then all that needs to be replaced is the bearing and seal. As long as a good quality bearing and seal is used then any competent person with a press can do the job. No big skill, no fancy process. It's either done correctly or it isn't
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by GCD1962
Rebuilding water pumps is pretty much a generic process. As long as the casting and impeller are good, then all that needs to be replaced is the bearing and seal. As long as a good quality bearing and seal is used then any competent person with a press can do the job. No big skill, no fancy process. It's either done correctly or it isn't
I've done plenty of them. It's not rocket science.

Jim
Old 11-03-2013, 01:32 PM
BillMock
3rd Gear

Yes, I agree that it is pretty much straight forward process if you know what you are doing and know the factory specs for each water pump application. I've been doing Corvette water pumps since 1978 and have done thousands of them. People have called me with their horror stories. They think that they can go the cheap route and rebuild the pump themselved. They order a rebuild kit from a Corvette vendor(the kits come with a stamped steel impeller where GM originally used a cast iron impeller). When they go to press out the old bearing on a shop press they usually don't support the casting right and break the casting. Alot of the rebuild kits offered come with cheap bearings and seals from overseas. I only use American bearings and seals(there are only two US companies now), new hardened steel shaft, correct hub and cast iron impeller. I've seen some bearings that come from India that cost $1.00. When you turn the bearing one way it is smooth but when you turn it the other way you can feel a bump, bump, bump. The bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Bill
Old 11-01-2015, 11:33 AM
ottovett
7th Gear

C3 Water pump rebuild using Bill Mock.
I want to share my experience with using Bill Mock for rebuilding my original water pump on my 1969 vert 350/350 NCRS Chapter level Top Flight car.
I would rate Bill's service as EXCELLENT. Bill rebuilt my water pump and offered excellent technical advise as well. Thanks Bill.

Get notified of new replies

To Shout out for Bill Mock water pumps