Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 PM
MRCOUPE5
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Anthony , I received the 1st C7 delivered to Rick . Night Race Blue/Kalahari on Sept.24th.
My fourth Vette from Rick . He has had the flu and he works non-stop for 14 or 16
hours each and everyday . My high school classmate 1961 ordered and received his
Blade Silver Z51 late November . Rick will support your purchase to the hilt . Today
is his birthday . This will be rectified .. Be patient .. Ed from Virginia
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm sure this thread is destined to be "Locked and closed" within the hour by the moderator.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Stingray Al
I'm sure this thread is destined to be "Locked and closed" within the hour by the moderator.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 PM
acepilot66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be thankful you aren't being Overcharged

Let me interject something here as a 8 year customer of Rick Conti. Rick sold me my first C6 in 2007 and I saved $10,000 OFF MSRP. Two years ago I purchased a Grand Sport and saved $9,500. Last Month I picked up a Z51 after 4 weeks from start to finish and got the best deal possible in the United States...PERIOD. Rick is a personal friend and I'm VERY biased, but there is not a harder working Corvette salesman in the US. Having said that, he is very very understaffed and a one man band. But he can't move GM any faster that they want to move. I HAD to have my car in 4 weeks for the Houston Auto Show that started today. That car is THE Star of the show. Rick delivered for me and I saved a lot of money. I spoke to dozens of dealers that had the exact car in stock as I ordered and one jerk off dealer wanted $8500 OVER MSRP. That's stupid and that dealer shouldn't be allowed to even sell Stingrays. Point is, knock the guy all you want, but at the end of the day, you will get the car you want and not pay a dime more than you have too. Bottom line is, if you want the car TODAY, locate one and pay thousands over MSRP. If on the other hand, you want a GREAT deal and willing to wait for GM to process your order, you will save money and meet a really great guy. BTW, I flew to Ohio and drove the car over 1400 miles back to Texas to not have to deal with dealers wanting to rip me off. Now if that doesn't say something about Rick, I don't know what does. !!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

My experience with Rick: Ordered a C7 a month ago, it's being built next week. He wasn't as quick with email replies as I would have liked, but I can also see how many sold order customers he is juggling. He told me he's trying to hire an assistant and I, for one, am willing to cut him a little slack in light of him being sick. There are only so many minutes in a day and everyone (myself included) sometimes behave like we're his only customer. I agree that customers deserve to get a response, but sometimes "stuff" happens.

Bottom line for me is that he's doing what I went to him for, to get a new Corvette Stingray.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
rocket68
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by acepilot66
let me interject something here as a 8 year customer of rick conti. Rick sold me my first c6 in 2007 and i saved $10,000 off msrp. Two years ago i purchased a grand sport and saved $9,500. Last month i picked up a z51 after 4 weeks from start to finish and got the best deal possible in the united states...period. Rick is a personal friend and i'm very biased, but there is not a harder working corvette salesman in the us. Having said that, he is very very understaffed and a one man band. But he can't move gm any faster that they want to move. I had to have my car in 4 weeks for the houston auto show that started today. That car is the star of the show. Rick delivered for me and i saved a lot of money. I spoke to dozens of dealers that had the exact car in stock as i ordered and one jerk off dealer wanted $8500 over msrp. That's stupid and that dealer shouldn't be allowed to even sell stingrays. Point is, knock the guy all you want, but at the end of the day, you will get the car you want and not pay a dime more than you have too. Bottom line is, if you want the car today, locate one and pay thousands over msrp. If on the other hand, you want a great deal and willing to wait for gm to process your order, you will save money and meet a really great guy. Btw, i flew to ohio and drove the car over 1400 miles back to texas to not have to deal with dealers wanting to rip me off. Now if that doesn't say something about rick, i don't know what does. !!!!!
amen
Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 PM
KCCO
Advanced

I ordered my first Corvette late October from Rick and was super glad to do business with him. He is knowledgable and has a passion for this car, which I did not find locally in Texas. He has been swamped since this car launched. I can understand the frustration because I was there at one point, but it sounds like there is more to the story here.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Sam
My experience with Rick: Ordered a C7 a month ago, it's being built next week. He wasn't as quick with email replies as I would have liked, but I can also see how many sold order customers he is juggling. He told me he's trying to hire an assistant and I, for one, am willing to cut him a little slack in light of him being sick. There are only so many minutes in a day and everyone (myself included) sometimes behave like we're his only customer. I agree that customers deserve to get a response, but sometimes "stuff" happens.

Bottom line for me is that he's doing what I went to him for, to get a new Corvette Stingray.
As much volume as these dealers are moving, they need a assistant. Even if its on their own dime. As much money as they make per car (if it's like a "normal" car salesman which is $1000+ per car) they can afford one. Maybe they just make a salary? Then the dealership needs to hire them one. Not only for the customers sake but for the well being of the salesperson. It must be so tiring working 10 hour+ days non-stop on the phone, answering emails and text messages but that's why they make the big bucks!

Either way, while I feel for the guy, being sick and unable to communicate at all is one thing, being able to blog but not answer emails / text is another thing.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Let me interject something here as a 8 year customer of Rick Conti. Rick sold me my first C6 in 2007 and I saved $10,000 OFF MSRP. Two years ago I purchased a Grand Sport and saved $9,500. Last Month I picked up a Z51 after 4 weeks from start to finish and got the best deal possible in the United States...PERIOD. Rick is a personal friend and I'm VERY biased, but there is not a harder working Corvette salesman in the US. Having said that, he is very very understaffed and a one man band. But he can't move GM any faster that they want to move. I HAD to have my car in 4 weeks for the Houston Auto Show that started today. That car is THE Star of the show. Rick delivered for me and I saved a lot of money. I spoke to dozens of dealers that had the exact car in stock as I ordered and one jerk off dealer wanted $8500 OVER MSRP. That's stupid and that dealer shouldn't be allowed to even sell Stingrays. Point is, knock the guy all you want, but at the end of the day, you will get the car you want and not pay a dime more than you have too. Bottom line is, if you want the car TODAY, locate one and pay thousands over MSRP. If on the other hand, you want a GREAT deal and willing to wait for GM to process your order, you will save money and meet a really great guy. BTW, I flew to Ohio and drove the car over 1400 miles back to Texas to not have to deal with dealers wanting to rip me off. Now if that doesn't say something about Rick, I don't know what does. !!!!!
Now, if he could answer e-mails, maybe things could improve.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Just got off the phone with Rick. He told me his cat got ran over at the dealership last week. They had bring your pet to work and the salesmen brought their pets in. I guess Rick had his cat at his desk and thought it was sleeping. A guy opened the door to come in and Ricks cat went running out the door. A customer that was picking up his new Corvette didn't see Ricks cat when the were pulling out and ran the cat over. Lets just say that Rick is very upset and that is probably when he hasn't been returning calls.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by MiamiC7
To all forum Members: I placed an order for a black 3LT Z51 Vert with Rick "Corvette" Conti over 5 weeks ago back in December. Rick sent me my order and after I reviewed it, I had a couple of questions in which I e-mailed Rick. No reply. I figured he was busy selling Vettes and I would not bother him until the order started to move and I could be efficient with my time and ask him all my questions in one setting. My order has been stuck at 1100 even though Rick stated that he has allocation for the Z51 Vert and I should receive my vette around Feb. I live in Miami and this was important to me. It has been over 5 weeks and my order is still at 1100, so I called Rick this week and left him a message. I also texted him and e-mailed him asking if he has Z51 allocation this week and when will my Order be submitted to GM. I never heard back from Rick. So, I called him again and left another message. Unfortunately, and to my dismay, Rick never returned my two phone calls, nor did he reply to my e-mail or text. I am an attorney who practices in Miami, and I am very busy, but I always find time to communicate back with my clients to address their concerns. I have not bothered Rick and this was only my third phone call to him, the first when I placed my Order. The second and third phone this week, which has went unanswered. I think his failure to communicate back with me is very unprofessional.
Rick, will you please call me back and answer my question of: Do you have any allocations (Z51) this week to place my order? Please Advise. Thank you.
Anthony S in Fla.
should have delt with mike furman of criswell. mike is always on top of his game.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've worked with Rick, and he's a first class guy. Cut him some slack and let him get back on his feet. He has a limited staff and can only do so much.

Patience is the key!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 912 Likes on 476 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
Just got off the phone with Rick. He told me his cat got ran over at the dealership last week. They had bring your pet to work and the salesmen brought their pets in. I guess Rick had his cat at his desk and thought it was sleeping. A guy opened the door to come in and Ricks cat went running out the door. A customer that was picking up his new Corvette didn't see Ricks cat when the were pulling out and ran the cat over. Lets just say that Rick is very upset and that is probably when he hasn't been returning calls.
this is really reaching......life goes on when you lose a pet....I just don't think I could call in and say "I can't teach today because I lost my dog last night".

Let's leave it that Rick needs a assistant....I told him that face to face in October...
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by billyboy47
should have delt with mike furman of criswell. mike is always on top of his game.
Give the guy a break. How would you feel if someone ran over your cat??
Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Anybody blasting Rick publicly is a little child who needs to grow up. An atty? I should have guessed it's all about him and how dare Rick not return his call.

Rick is a class act and a one man show. He's sick. Give him a break. He has health issues like all of us. Jeez people.

Mark

Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Glen e
this is really reaching......life goes on when you lose a pet....I just don't think I could call in and say "I can't teach today because I lost my dog last night".

Let's leave it that Rick needs a assistant....I told him that face to face in October...
What the h%ll do you mean reaching?? You must really be a d!ck.. It was his favorite cat man..
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Hey Anthony, mr class Miami attorney. I've reported you to the mods to close this bs crybaby thread of yours.

Get notified of new replies

To Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls

Old 01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

After carefully reading the attorney's posts, I have to think there is more than meets the eye here.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mark1107
Hey Anthony, mr class Miami attorney. I've reported you to the mods to close this bs crybaby thread of yours.
I agree!!!! This is crazy. Rick when you read this I just want you to know that some of understand your situation. Not everyone has pets on here but us guys that do understand..
Old 01-22-2014, 11:29 PM
acepilot66
Intermediate

Dude I'm sorry but your an idiot!!!!! LOL

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06

Quick Reply: Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls