Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

the latest customer service from corvettemods

Old 05-22-2014, 05:16 PM
schecter11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the latest customer service from corvettemods

Originally I was being intentionally vague about this post in a previous thread...but since we can essentially put vendors on blast here...

So, I ordered the centennial edition steering wheel, shift boot and ****, and parking brake w/boot on 6 May. I sent an email on 9 May asking why hasn't it shipped, and was told that it takes 7-10 days for custom leather. Ok, I get that. No problem. Today, a full 15 days after the order was placed, I, again, sent them an email asking what's taking so long? I do believe I said this is getting "ridiculous." They replied with custom lead time takes 3-4 weeks for leather...4-5 weeks for paint..blah blah. Then they said if that wasn't good enough, I could cancel the order. Well, I really wanted the parts and decided to ask for a discount or for them to expedite shipping at their cost. They then replied with, and I'm paraphrasing, if it's not fast enough for you, cancel and order from somebody else. It was a little nicer than that, however that was the gist. I then said, ok, you suck, and cancel my order (I didn't tell them they sucked, but really...). They then replied with the steering wheel and shifter are in, just waiting on the parking brake. TIME OUT. Why in the hell couldn't you have done that in the first place? Is it really too much to ask for a time frame? I don't think so. Why should I have to fight with you to get that information? Is it classified, top secret, this message will explode in 10 seconds? Did I really have to threaten canceling the order to get that little tidbit of info? Well, screw you. I cancelled my order. I did receive a full refund, which is a +1 for you, however, your customer service skills are lacking, to say the least...and to send me a final message saying "You didn't pay a dime for shipping." Are you serious?? Who says that to a customer??? I will NEVER do business with you. If this is the kind of service I receive for checking on the status of an update, I can only imagine what it would be like if there were an actual issue once the parts were delivered. Corvettemods you fail.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

So we don't paraphrase, we have attached below the word for word messages regarding your special order GM parts

Customer:
I ordered a steering wheel, shift boot and ****, and parking brake on 6 May. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything from you yet. I understand that "custom" items take time to order, but this is getting a little ridiculous. What's the status on the order?

Corvette Mods
John

The lead time for leather is actually 3-4 weeks. That is actually much quicker than others offer in turnaround time. Paint can take 4-6 weeks

If you don't believe the production times are acceptable we would be more than happy to cancel and refund your purchase. We want you to understand this process and be ok with these time frames. thanks!

Customer:
So the last email I sent and was told 7-10 days for custom leather was just made up...I get that. Don't you think that there should be a disclaimer SOMEWHERE on your website with that information? I would like free overnight shipping or a greater discount, not to cancel. I am an active member of the forums and would like to leave a positive review of your services.

Thanks.

Corvette Mods:
John

We have no control over production lead times. The time frames fluctuate based on the seasonality of the goods. Again, if you can kindly wait for the products to be completed that would be great. If not, let us know and we will promptly refund your purchase.

Disclaimer is here:
http://www.corvettemods.com/customer-service.html

Customer:
Well, unfortunately I don't think we will be able to do business. Please cancel my order.

Corvette Mods:
When we contacted GM to advise of the cancellation, they stated that everything was ready except the brake lever which they expect any day. If you want to cancel, these will be allocated to others that have been waiting just as long. Please confirm if you still want these to be released.

Customer:
You couldn't have done that in the first place? Release the parts. Also, please close my account. I will not be doing business with you anymore.

Thanks.

Corvette Mods:
John

You didn't pay a dime in shipping so in order to control those costs we hold orders until they can be shipped complete. We will cancel this order completely today and process a full refund. Sorry you feel that we have not provided you with the service you needed. thanks

We refunded him in full the same day. We don't offer express shipping or discounts because the parts have to be ordered

Thanks

Last edited by corvettemods1; 05-22-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:38 PM
schecter11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing you had to do, from the beginning, was check the status of the order. Not give me some lead time stuff that isn't posted on your site anywhere. Just check on the status and report it back to me. Simple. I'd still have my order, you'd still be getting paid and have a happy customer. Instead, you use language that has zero business "didn't pay a dime" in any form of customer service or complaints. I'll reiterate, if this is how you do business and talk to customers, you don't deserve my money or anybody else's. It's disrespectful and a horrible business tactic. You aren't the only site that sells corvette parts. You, so far, are the only site that talks to their consumers like 3rd rate citizens. The fact that you have multiple negative reviews on this forum, let alone the others, should be a solid indicator that your policies and procedures for customer care needs to be revised. At no point was the cancellation due to wait times, it was your laziness to get a status and lack of respect in your replies.

To all other buyers, l strongly urge you to look elsewhere for your goods.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

In reading the replies, you've taken things out of the responses that don't exist. We were straight and forthcoming with every response. We don't sugarcoat situations to string customers along to keep orders in. We've been in this business for a very long time. For every impatient or unreasonable customer, we have 1000's that praise us and our customer service. We do care about the experience, which is why when you canceled, your refund was processed the same day. If an item is custom or special ordered, you have to wait on it. That's just the way it is. When you complete 10,000 + transactions each year, you will have the 1% that will not be happy with anything you do, say or offer, so we refund them and move on to service our other customers. That's the nature of the business and a forum where customers can air their dirty laundry blowing a situation out of perspective to skew the reality of the situation.

regards
Old 05-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Closed per the rules.

Get notified of new replies

To the latest customer service from corvettemods

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the latest customer service from corvettemods