Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Counting on Willcox to help about my seat cover issue

Old 10-31-2015, 12:57 AM
malo68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Counting on Willcox to help about my seat cover issue

Hoping to get in touch with Willcox here. I emailed Ernie on the Willcox website but haven't gotten response to my issue.

Here's the problem:
I bought seat covers from the Willcox website for my 1982 in dark blue. When they got here, I opened the box and saw that they were dark blue. I put them away in the closet until 2 weeks ago when I was ready to have them mounted. I gave the upholsterer the box and he mounted them on my foam which was in good condition. He charged me $200 for mounting them and they look good. I restored the clam shells with dye also ordered from Willcox which also look good. However, when I got them home and went to mount them I saw that the color was way off (see pic below). I posted the same picture on the forum and other members confirmed...I was sent the wrong year covers. The ones I was sent were in dark blue from '78-81 and not the one year only '82 dark blue that I needed. Being the OCD person I am, I realize I won't be able to live with it like that.

I do feel that I'm not to blame for this. At the time, I had no idea that there even was a different dark blue from another year to mistake it with, so I wouldn't have been able to determine if it was incorrect. I have reached out to Willcox but haven't received a response yet. I'm hoping we can fix this. I proposed that perhaps we can trade mine for an already mounted set in the correct color? I thought that would be fair. No?
I've had good luck with in the past with Willcox and I believe in his work ethic when he says the "smaller guys try harder." I know many here say Ernie's a stand up guy. I'm hoping he can offer a solution for me.

Last edited by malo68; 10-31-2015 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:07 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The seat buckets need to be dyed. It looks to me as if they have a greenish hue to them which would indicate fade. Using your picture and comparing original vinyl samples it appears to me as if the color is correct. We did order two new samples last week to verify this and I won't have them until Tuesday or Weds. But the covers are three years old and you have installed them which renders them non returnable. I'm sorry.

Now once I get the new samples in... and if I don't feel the color is a match then I could possibly offer you another set at cost... But I'd wait until I get the samples.

I'm sure a good coat of dye would solve most of this issue.

You know I'm a lot easier to get in contact with if you contact the support@willcoxcorvette.com

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 10-31-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:39 PM
malo68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seats DO NOT need to be dyed. They were just dyed last week the same day the picture was taken with dye purchased from you on Oct. 11! In fact, I purchased the 2 cans of dye from you on eBay on because I noticed it was cheaper than purchasing it from your website. Anyway, the covers are not 3 years old. I purchased them from you on May 18, 2014 (which makes it under a year and a half old) and they remained in the unopened box up until just 3 weeks ago. I had them mounted not knowing they were the wrong color, so that's my fault? Did I put them in the box?

I was hoping for a better resolution to this that what you are suggesting. Let me get this straight, you want me to wait until you get new samples then once you see that they are ok, then you want me to buy them from you..again?! Look, these are clearly the wrong ones and I can't believe you are suggesting for me to dye brand new covers! Really?! I think the members of the forum will be pretty disappointed to hear this nonsense...and they will. And for your information, I did write to you on through the contact page. If the situation were reversed, I would own my mistake and move forward, sending a set of mounted covers or at least a new set in trading for the mounted set to sell as used. I honestly believe that I'm not to blame for this and I work hard for my money. I just want what I paid for, nothing more, nothing less. And FYI I did initially write regarding the issue your website through the "contact" page.

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
The seat buckets need to be dyed. It looks to me as if they have a greenish hue to them which would indicate fade. Using your picture and comparing original vinyl samples it appears to me as if the color is correct. We did order two new samples last week to verify this and I won't have them until Tuesday or Weds. But the covers are three years old and you have installed them which renders them non returnable. I'm sorry.

Now once I get the new samples in... and if I don't feel the color is a match then I could possibly offer you another set at cost... But I'd wait until I get the samples.

I'm sure a good coat of dye would solve most of this issue.

You know I'm a lot easier to get in contact with if you contact the support@willcoxcorvette.com

Ernie
Old 11-01-2015, 12:18 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I read your "other" thread and thought "You" said three years old but even one and a half years... and installed still makes the covers not returnable, Corvette America won't take them back if they are installed....

Personally, I do not feel the covers are the wrong color so maybe it's a dye issue for the buckets instead of an issue for the covers. The covers match our 10 year old color sample we have here... I requested new samples due to the age of ours just to check. Were the covers and the frames a different shade.. I'm not sure of that either. Maybe Google top flight 82 with blue interior and look at pictures there.

Back to the buckets.. I'm not telling you to dye the covers.. The seat buckets don't look right to me.. Maybe that is a dye issue and I'm not sure but I'll check this on Monday as well. If the dye for the seat frames is wrong the I'll replace this no charge..... but they sure don't look right to me.

I'll not debate this issue any further in this forum, my support address is posted everywhere and if you'd like to continue this discussion please do so by emailing me direct at support@Willcoxcorvette.com

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 11-01-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:16 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Per forum rules, vendor has responded and the thread will be closed. If a significant dvelopment arises please contact me and we can add it to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Counting on Willcox to help about my seat cover issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Counting on Willcox to help about my seat cover issue