Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

APSIS carbon fiber roof wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:57 PM
DAKOGT
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APSIS carbon fiber roof wind noise

Hi All,

I shipped a scratched transparent roof to APSIS in the USA for carbon fiber lamination. I did not get it back. They said too expensive to send to their factory. I was told this after I spent $400 to ship the $1,000 OEM roof. They suggested I purchase a real carbon fiber roof from them. I decided to do so not realizing it was their first one and that it would cost me another $3,000. The carbon fiber and nappa leather liner are quality. They do look good on the car.

My issue is that the roof has loud wind noise over 80 km per hour. I never received any help to solve this issue from APSIS. I did receive a piece of rubber to attach to it that was too thin and had no sticky side to it. I was basically on my own. I have tried to solve the issue with weather stripping in foam and neoprene along the front edge of the roof. This did reduce the noise but only until 100km per hour. Then the wind is so loud I cannot hear the stereo or talk to a passenger.

I am extremely upset with the lack of help from APSIS for this prototype real carbon fiber roof. They have now told me I cannot return it. That it is too late. They took my money, never helped me solve the issue. I spent hours running around trying different weather stripping. I hate this roof now, will never do business with APSIS again.

Please help! Does anyone have a carbon fiber OEM roof or an after- market roof from anther manufacturer? Does it have wind noise? If it does do you have a suggestion on how I can resolve the issue? If APSIS will not help or give me a refund what kind of customer service is that?

I have been ripped off. I can hardly wait until I can purchase the OEM carbon fiber roof. Then, I can flush my money down the toilet when I throw out the APSIS carbon fiber roof.

Thanks

Mad at APSIS
Old 11-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the wind noise you probably cant't hear the top creaking. Count your blessings.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 PM
CRYM PYZ
Navigator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You might consider taking the car to the dealer for the roof latch fix. I had a similar problem (more creaking than wind noise) but once they replaced the roof latches, the problem was solved. It's a free fix and may resolve the problem. I attach the service bulletin. Good luck, hope it works out.

Originally Posted by DAKOGT
Hi All,

I shipped a scratched transparent roof to APSIS in the USA for carbon fiber lamination. I did not get it back. They said too expensive to send to their factory. I was told this after I spent $400 to ship the $1,000 OEM roof. They suggested I purchase a real carbon fiber roof from them. I decided to do so not realizing it was their first one and that it would cost me another $3,000. The carbon fiber and nappa leather liner are quality. They do look good on the car.

My issue is that the roof has loud wind noise over 80 km per hour. I never received any help to solve this issue from APSIS. I did receive a piece of rubber to attach to it that was too thin and had no sticky side to it. I was basically on my own. I have tried to solve the issue with weather stripping in foam and neoprene along the front edge of the roof. This did reduce the noise but only until 100km per hour. Then the wind is so loud I cannot hear the stereo or talk to a passenger.

I am extremely upset with the lack of help from APSIS for this prototype real carbon fiber roof. They have now told me I cannot return it. That it is too late. They took my money, never helped me solve the issue. I spent hours running around trying different weather stripping. I hate this roof now, will never do business with APSIS again.

Please help! Does anyone have a carbon fiber OEM roof or an after- market roof from anther manufacturer? Does it have wind noise? If it does do you have a suggestion on how I can resolve the issue? If APSIS will not help or give me a refund what kind of customer service is that?

I have been ripped off. I can hardly wait until I can purchase the OEM carbon fiber roof. Then, I can flush my money down the toilet when I throw out the APSIS carbon fiber roof.

Thanks

Mad at APSIS
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Removable Roof .pdf (1.36 MB, 618 views)

Quick Reply: APSIS carbon fiber roof wind noise