Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Lloyd's floor mat ripoff by Southern Car Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:55 AM
flachsbarth
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lloyd's floor mat ripoff by Southern Car Parts

I found out the hard way that Lloyd's mats do not offer the correct color to match the Gray C7 carpet. When ordering, I didn't see anything specifically stating that there were no returns on Lloyd mats. Only when I received my email order confirmation, it stated "no refunds on Lloyd mats". I ordered Gray C7 Z06 logo floor mats from Southern Car Parts. When they arrived, I was disappointed to see that they were a very light gray compared to my dark gray carpet. I then talked to Dave in customer service and he said he would try and make a "deal" with Lloyd's to get another set at a discounted price. Three days later, he finally called back with the news that I could order a set of dark gray mats for an additional $48. So I said OK, if I could get a "dark gray color". He said that Lloyd's color "Jet" was a dark gray color. I told him that the GM 2015 Corvette interior color "Jet Black" was indeed a black color, and said that I would email him my order, window sticker, and online build documentation showing the differences between dark gray and jet black, as defined by GM. Dave insisted that "trust me", he really knew what he was talking about and that he had sold many Corvette floor mats, and that the Lloyd' "Jet" color was indeed a dark gray carpet color. Against my better judgement, I finally said OK and gave him additional $ on my credit card. Well, I when I opened the "jet" mats on Christmas Day to find that, yes, "jet" really does mean "jet black", I was right, GM was right, and Dave was WRONG. So now I have two paid for, sets of embroidered Z06 mats that don't match my carpet color. Dave, if you don't know what you're talking about, then shut the hell up. What ever happened to "the customer is always right?" If Lloyd's and Southern Car Parts know that they don't sell a color of floor mat that matches our carpet color, then that should be stated on their advertising. I was swindled out of buying TWO sets of mats that don't match my carpet color. PISSED!
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Hope you paid with Paypal.......they wont tolerate that crap.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 AM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

If it were me, I'd contact Lloyds directly, and see what they might be willing to do.

Also, Lloyds offers color chips...

Ken
Old 10-14-2017, 10:16 AM
flachsbarth
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticfreak
Hope you paid with Paypal.......they wont tolerate that crap.
Just got tired of their bs and gave up- I wasted enough money on this adventure over a year and a half ago. I'm surprised this thread is still viewable-I was reprimanded twice for criticising one of their prized vendor$ (stating chronological facts). Will never deal with either of them, ever again.

Last edited by flachsbarth; 10-14-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by flachsbarth
Just got tired of their bs and gave up- I wasted enough money on this adventure over a year and a half ago. I'm surprised this thread is still viewable-I was reprimanded twice for criticising one of their prized vendor$ (stating chronological facts). Will never deal with either of them, ever again.
This is not why you were cautioned. If you have questions, please contact one of the prior moderators who contacted you, or me by PM rather than making complaints in the open forum.

As this thread has become a complaint about moderation, it will be closed at this time. It can still be read for reference. If the OP or vendor has a response or update to the transaction, please contact me and I’ll add it to the thread.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 10-15-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lloyd's floor mat ripoff by Southern Car Parts

Quick Reply: Lloyd's floor mat ripoff by Southern Car Parts