Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

They want my money. $1100.00

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:09 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

I follow most topics which bash Corvette Mods...

This thread will be deleted soon. Just like most of the others.

You should NEVER buy from Corvette Mods.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:30 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Tell them you returned the wheels and have proof and they should stop calling you immediately or you will file harassment charges.
They have to stop calling upon your request. They can mail letters but you just file them in the waste bin unopened.

I would also send copies of everything yo CC company and ask them for help.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:48 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Believe me, I didn't want it to come to this but I tried more than once to prove to them the wheels were no good. The shop that mounted them were convinced the wheels were a problem. I took them to jack Williams tire and had them road forced balanced and was told the wheels were not right. I took them to P&S garage who performed the test to find out if they were running true or not and was told they are out of round. I spent close to $375.00 checking these wheels out and explained that to corvette mods, but they didn't care and I was forced to do the charge back. Something I had never done before because that's not the type of person I am. But what could I do with wheels that make my car run like crap? To be honest I never thought I would win the charge back dispute. I almost sent the wheels back before the dispute had been resolved but was told my Citibank that would not be a good idea because that would put an end to the dispute and there is no guarantee that CM's would reimburse me for the wheels once I sent them back. Knowing CM's, I wouldn't have seen a penny from those people. They're devious and not reputable or trustworthy. they lost me as a customer for sure.

I am curious as to why you would go ahead and mount these wheels after you learned that they would not balance and that they were defective? I can see where the vendor might wonder about this, too. Your chance for a undisputed return of the wheels was probably lost when you went ahead and mounted the wheels anyway after first learning that they were defective.

It may be that the vendor's supplier will not let them return wheels that
have bee mounted.

Years ago, during summers, I worked in the tire shop of my dad's Western Auto Store. We had a Hunter spin balance machine. Whenever a wheel & tire combination that was out of round was mounted on that machine, it would not balance out. The machine kept demanding more weight be added after each spin. This condition alerted us to the out of round condition of the wheel (or tire). I never mounted an out of round wheel once the machine had discovered it. The customer was notified and shown the condition, and a replacement was obtained and mounted. Why would you knowingly put out of round wheels on your car?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
05C6B4U
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from the issues with CM and collection agency, it is great that the OP's credit card company sided with him in the dispute. You purchased an item, it was defective, case-closed. Refund your money.

In the interest of helping others and the OP in the future, when purchasing wheels, OEM or aftermarket, read the seller's return policy, TWICE, and if you do purchase, have the installer do a test fit and spin the wheels WITHOUT mounting tires to check for "roundness" or other issues.

When I purchased aftermarket wheels for my C6, that was the advice given to me via this forum, it was invaluable! I didn't need to send the wheels back but following that advice every step of the way covered my rear if a dispute arose, that's for sure.

I documented every thing, pictures, video, email with vendor, etc for my records.

I tipped the installer $20 for his efforts.

My question, why would the seller not inspect/spin wheels prior to selling to customers?! I would. If I received wheels from a distributor, I would check prior to sending to customers. It starts at the top, from the factory, distributor, to seller.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I'm sorry but you bought wheels last year, and are just now sending them back? UM,why?
I'm somewhat confused by the time frame on this as well.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:35 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 05C6B4U

My question, why would the seller not inspect/spin wheels prior to selling to customers?! I would. If I received wheels from a distributor, I would check prior to sending to customers. It starts at the top, from the factory, distributor, to seller.
CM most likely just had them drop shipped from the manufacturer and never actually saw the wheels. The manufacturer probably pushes out such a high volume of wheels they either don't even bother with thorough checks and only deal with it during returns or these just slipped through a quality control check.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:10 AM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Corvette Mods is definitely off my list unless they make this right.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Doc750
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

glad I read this before thread gets deleted.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:32 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default this

I was told by Amanda from CM's that if I could prove the wheels were defective they would reimburse me all monies. Keep in mind, this was during the dispute she mentioned that. I faxed her the documents from the garage that tested the wheels and she refused to send me the R/A slip unless I dropped the charge back. I refused,but then relented and was going to until I spoke to the CC company and was advised not to do that. She did mention that once the wheels were mounted there was nothing I could do. I told her I had no idea the wheels were bad until they were on the car so that doesn't make sense for her to say that. I bought the wheels in good faith and I expect them to honor the fact the wheels were no good upon sending them proof.
sorry to hear about your problem but
whenever anyone buys wheels the wheels need to be spun up on tire balancing machine before you install a tire on them at a minimum.every wheel distributor in the business states in their advertising that no returns accepted if wheels are used.if you would have had wheels spun up on balancer before mounting wheels you would have saw the run out in them.buyer beware!!!Ive returned wheels before with excessive run out no questions asked.wheels were spun up on machine before even thinking about mounting a tire.protect yourself

Last edited by irok; 03-20-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 AM
terrywerst
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

W0W, unbelievable. Fight the charge on the credit report. I've done this 10 times. If they don't respond they remove the charge.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

What a frickin' nightmare! No way I'd EVER deal with Corvette Mods. What a sleazy outfit they are. Sorry OP.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by irok
sorry to hear about your problem but
whenever anyone buys wheels the wheels need to be spun up on tire balancing machine before you install a tire on them at a minimum.every wheel distributor in the business states in their advertising that no returns accepted if wheels are used.if you would have had wheels spun up on balancer before mounting wheels you would have saw the run out in them.buyer beware!!!Ive returned wheels before with excessive run out no questions asked.wheels were spun up on machine before even thinking about mounting a tire.protect yourself
Good vendors work to help their customers. Bob at House of Wheels overnighted a new wheel to me when I informed him that one was out of round. Wheel was from the same manufacturer as the ones in this thread.
I was also sent a RA whith the wheel.

Huge difference in customer service!!
Great from Bob and totally lacking from Corvette Mods.

Btw I mounted new tires before it was discovered defective.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Believe me, I didn't want it to come to this but I tried more than once to prove to them the wheels were no good. The shop that mounted them were convinced the wheels were a problem. I took them to jack Williams tire and had them road forced balanced and was told the wheels were not right. I took them to P&S garage who performed the test to find out if they were running true or not and was told they are out of round. I spent close to $375.00 checking these wheels out and explained that to corvette mods, but they didn't care and I was forced to do the charge back. Something I had never done before because that's not the type of person I am. But what could I do with wheels that make my car run like crap? To be honest I never thought I would win the charge back dispute. I almost sent the wheels back before the dispute had been resolved but was told my Citibank that would not be a good idea because that would put an end to the dispute and there is no guarantee that CM's would reimburse me for the wheels once I sent them back. Knowing CM's, I wouldn't have seen a penny from those people. They're devious and not reputable or trustworthy. they lost me as a customer for sure.
$375.00 to check your rims Wow! I only paid $10.00 to have only the rim put on the balancer to check for out of round...Took about five minutes..Good Luck on your battle.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:09 AM
bigshark
President FlyingRoof Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this OP. I won't be ordering from CM again. This thread will be deleted, I've seen it before... in before the delete!
Old 03-20-2016, 11:17 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I'm sorry but you bought wheels last year, and are just now sending them back? UM,why?
Apparently it takes a few months for the credit card company to resolve the matter thru the dispute. My first one ever so I was quite unfamiliar with the way it's done or the length of time it takes. to be honest, I thought it would never be resolved. I'm very happy it was in my favor otherwise I would have to pay CM's and would be stuck with crappy wheels.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

You know, at 69 I could really care less. I refuse to pay those bastards.

Hey Billy have you tried having a reasonable conversation with CM and tell ing them the wheels were junk and that's why you sent them back. Sometimes that will cut through the BS.........good luck on it.....
Old 03-20-2016, 11:21 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
$375.00 to check your rims Wow! I only paid $10.00 to have only the rim put on the balancer to check for out of round...Took about five minutes..Good Luck on your battle.
I'm talking about multiple times I had them on and off the car by 2 different shops testing them to see if they in fact were out of round or not. Both agreed the wheels were causing the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To They want my money. $1100.00

Old 03-20-2016, 11:25 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Huskerman

Hey Billy have you tried having a reasonable conversation with CM and tell ing them the wheels were junk and that's why you sent them back. Sometimes that will cut through the BS.........good luck on it.....
More than once. I had my wife talk to Amanda hoping that she and Amanda could iron things out in typical woman talk but it didn't work. They were adamant about the fact there was nothing they could do which is pure BS.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by bigshark
Sorry to hear this OP. I won't be ordering from CM again. This thread will be deleted, I've seen it before... in before the delete!
And why does CF delete these threads? Are they not concerned about members getting the royal screw from vendors whether past or present?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Subw00er
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

FWIW I've dealt with these guys before on a set of rims. They sent two mismatched ones (different paint) and gave me all sorts of crap about returning them, and I hadn't even mounted them, I had to pay return ship, etc, took months to sort out. Stay away at all costs from modbargains. There is no bargain there. I cant believe they're still in business. Bunch of punk kids run it.

Quick Reply: They want my money. $1100.00