Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware!! My C7 broke, Procharger is a scam.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 01:36 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Joetib07
Was a custom tune done by the shop, have no idea what that consisted, I can find out and get back to you
My bet is you just discovered your problem. Sounds like a problem with the tune. You're in NJ so I'd go to ECS and have them fix the seal and the tune.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 04-19-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
The shop installed their own pcv system now, so they're going to replaced the rear seal and see what happens, hope all goes well.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:39 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I just recently installed a d1 tuner kit with a 4.75 pulley on my c7, car is bone stock besides procharger kit, double and triple checked my installed to make sure everything was installed properly, I live in southern New Jersey and brought it to a highly reputable performance shop in the area to have it dyno tuned, they put it on the dyno and the front main blew out, they blamed it on a combination of too much boost (9-10psi) and prochargers pcv system, had them fix the front seal as well as integrate there pcv system that they claimed breathed better, also had procharger send me a 5 inch pulley to lower the boost and the shop had to machine the pulley to clear the throttle body, while intergrating there pcv system they said that prochargers check valve failed therefore causing the seal to blow, so they put it back on the dyno to find out that the rear main seal blew out now, they contacted procharger and they simple said oh well, we'll send you another check valve but won't cover any damage done, kit is brand new, there are hundreds of these kits out there on c7s without issue, now I am in thousands of dollars worth of repairs and the car hasn't even left the shop, beware of procharger, honestly debating about taking the damn thing off and selling it, procharger should stand by there product, such a disgrace and will never buy or recommend any of there products.
First thing I saw during my A&A kit install was them installing a much more durable LS1 main seal when they changed the crank pulley.

Procharger adds on to the stock cast pulley. A&A uses a new balancer
and new seal.
Lots of both kits out there with no issues. Sounds like not sure but install issues.
I don't think Procharger make's check valves.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 04-19-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Might be time for a compression and/or leak down test.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:14 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Not timing....the valve stuck or backwards would blow out seals...
Timing would crack pistons lol
Old 04-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
Not timing....the valve stuck or backwards would blow out seals...
Timing would crack pistons lol
too much spark was indeed creating enough cylinder pressure/blowby/crankcase pressure in early builds that would cause the crank seal to leak however, it can also be caused by the pcv system as it is not really up to the FI task, IMO.

Most are running a much more open system like the LMR or FSP cans that allow much more venting of the crankcase.

I blew my crankseal naturally aspirated with 416ci 12:1 compression and high teens spark lead and the stock PCV.

I swapped to a LSx seal, 12psi boost, 10-14 spark lead, and an LMR breather system and no more leaks.

Bottom line is it really depends on what was still stock and what was changed. IMO, a lot of FI kits are not complete regarding PCV system. When you want to build a better football team, nobody ever considers upgrading the water boy.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:07 PM
brent eb02
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My ECS set up runs 12 LBS with out a catch can or anything and i race this thing with out any issues .... installed and tuned by Doug@ecs
Old 04-19-2016, 05:13 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Did it really hit 9lbs on the dyno?

According to ProCharger the kit is pullied for 7lbs.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:36 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Weird. It's almost like you've already created this thread. Oh wait, you did. I don't know why you felt the need to restart this.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-c7-help.html

Unlucky really as there are probably over 100 procharged C7s and you're one of the few with an instant seal blow. Could have been a defective seal from gm, defective check valve (I highly doubt procharger makes these themselves), or else.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Has this particular shop tuned a lot of C7's? They can be tough... If they are too rich it will blow the seals out along with a few others reasons. We just did a blower and headers on a C7 with 8-9 psi and its been great. Along with a bunch of others we have done.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
too much spark was indeed creating enough cylinder pressure/blowby/crankcase pressure in early builds that would cause the crank seal to leak however, it can also be caused by the pcv system as it is not really up to the FI task, IMO.

Most are running a much more open system like the LMR or FSP cans that allow much more venting of the crankcase.

I blew my crankseal naturally aspirated with 416ci 12:1 compression and high teens spark lead and the stock PCV.

I swapped to a LSx seal, 12psi boost, 10-14 spark lead, and an LMR breather system and no more leaks.

Bottom line is it really depends on what was still stock and what was changed. IMO, a lot of FI kits are not complete regarding PCV system. When you want to build a better football team, nobody ever considers upgrading the water boy.
Thank you for your input, I'm on the waiting list for the fsp system
Old 04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Has this particular shop tuned a lot of C7's? They can be tough... If they are too rich it will blow the seals out along with a few others reasons. We just did a blower and headers on a C7 with 8-9 psi and its been great. Along with a bunch of others we have done.

Yea they pretty much just work on corvettes
Old 04-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoOne
Did it really hit 9lbs on the dyno?

According to ProCharger the kit is pullied for 7lbs.
Tuner told me 9-10psi it was pushing
Old 04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Joetib07
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Weird. It's almost like you've already created this thread. Oh wait, you did. I don't know why you felt the need to restart this.

Unlucky really as there are probably over 100 procharged C7s and you're one of the few with an instant seal blow. Could have been a defective seal from gm, defective check valve (I highly doubt procharger makes these themselves), or else.
Sorry about that, I'm new to the forum and still learning how to use it, and yes could have been I guess anything at this point
Old 04-19-2016, 07:11 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Tuner told me 9-10psi it was pushing

Measured boost is backpressure. So if it was supposed to be 7lbs on the kit with the pully and your hitting over that good indication something might have been wrong.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:22 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Read the other thread I linked.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:31 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by brent eb02
My ECS set up runs 12 LBS with out a catch can or anything and i race this thing with out any issues .... installed and tuned by Doug@ecs
and u have 1 bad bitch run after run at the track 10.0@141...killer
Old 04-27-2016, 04:41 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

The check valve we use in this system is the same OEM part we use on 90% of our other systems. That means literally thousands of them have left the doors of this building. This is the highest quality part you can get to do the job, since its been tested to endure the abuse that daily drivers get. Ultra cold temps, ultra hot temps, chemicals, etc.

They are a very simplistic design, so that lends to their quality level. I have yet to personally see one not work. (I check each one that I install before putting on for good measure) And I also trust my daily drivers 207,000+ mile front and rear main seals to one of these check valves, since I run the same part on my own vehicle every day with boost.

Yes, other companies make full blown breather systems. HOWEVER, as nice as they are they are not 100% needed. As proven by our countless customers, as well as other supercharger systems that do not run them.

If we felt we needed to make a catch can for this sytem to work perfect, we would manufacture them, and include them in the systems. However with all of the testing that we did (and are to this day still doing), it was not found to be a "needed" item outside of full blown racing applications. So thus we can leave that up to companies like LMR and others to enjoy the profits of making that aftermarket PCV item.

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 04-27-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow

Sorry about that, I'm new to the forum and still learning how to use it, and yes could have been I guess anything at this point
Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
The check valve we use in this system is the same OEM part we use on 90% of our other systems. That means literally thousands of them have left the doors of this building. This is the highest quality part you can get to do the job, since its been tested to endure the abuse that daily drivers get. Ultra cold temps, ultra hot temps, chemicals, etc.

They are a very simplistic design, so that lends to their quality level. I have yet to personally see one not work. (I check each one that I install before putting on for good measure) And I also trust my daily drivers 207,000+ mile front and rear main seals to one of these check valves, since I run the same part on my own vehicle every day with boost.

Yes, other companies make full blown breather systems. HOWEVER, as nice as they are they are not 100% needed. As proven by our countless customers, as well as other supercharger systems that do not run them.

If we felt we needed to make a catch can for this sytem to work perfect, we would manufacture them, and include them in the systems. However with all of the testing that we did (and are to this day still doing), it was not found to be a "needed" item outside of full blown racing applications. So thus we can leave that up to companies like LMR and others to enjoy the profits of making that aftermarket PCV item.

After 2 threads, an admission that "it could be anything" and a response by the vendor, this thread will be closed per Transaction Feedback rules. If there are updates to the original complaint about the vendor or that issues are resolved, we can reopen and add them to the thread.