Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Frustrated with a member on this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:55 PM
MURKEDZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frustrated with a member on this forum!

Ok guys I want to get you alls point over view on this transaction.

I had a set of black headlights (C6) on my 2006 Z06 for a few months. I recently purchased a 2013 Black Grandsport. I was in the process of returning my Z06 to factory trim when out of nowhere member (TorchRedC6) messages me if I have the black headlights for sale. So. . . I told him yes cause I was actually returning the Z back to factory trim.

Sent home photos of front and back of the headlights which look flawless, no dirt or anything on the underside at all. Look like new

Anyways I went above and beyond on the packaging to insure the safe travel of the headlights.

I shipped immediately after receiving payment and sent tracking number to the buyer.

Time goes by and (TorchRedC6) sends me an email stating that the blinkers won't work cause it's missing a wire? An that I need to send him his money back and he send headlights backside to me.

I automatically research to see about his so called issue, which never found anyone with this problem. Surely 2006 through 2013 are the same on connectors.

We go back and forth on this issue through private messages.
He finally sends me another message asking if I have ever used the headlights at night cause he had to back his car out the night before and that one light was not performing well.

I am now getting the feeling that he is trying to scam me.
I replied back stating how I feel and that I have driven the car at night and have a videos with the recent date to prove it.
I told him I'm done with the back and forth nonsense and we need to just go through PayPal.

After sending my last message he went silent for several days.
I now felt he was truly just trying to scam me. Yet I received a message today saying no he doesn't want to go through paypal and after his 40+ years of buying and selling that he has never met someone like me.

This guy is insane in my opinion.

Feel free to post what you think. If there is a way of posting my pm's let me know and I will be more then happy to show all of you how I approached the situation behind doors.

David (The Unfortunate Seller)
Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 PM
MURKEDZ06
Racer

Excuse any auto correct mistakes. Doing all this at work on the cell.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I'm surprised a monitor hasn't already killed this. Not our place to publicly bash our members.

Last edited by windyC6; 04-20-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

IBTL

Old 04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Thread moved to Transactions Feedback forum for help from those moderators. Also so forum members who might have had dealings with the forum member can respond.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:16 PM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

There is a transaction feedback section this might go under. Moderators monitor that and make sure both parties can respond.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:19 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

There are two sides to every story...
Just sayin...
Old 04-20-2016, 04:20 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'm not taking sides, but I do have a question that maybe OP can clarify:

"He finally sends me another message asking if I have ever used the headlights at night cause he had to back his car out the night before and that one light was not performing well."

How does backing his car out have anything to do with a headlight?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:29 PM
MURKEDZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by ruxvette
There are two sides to every story...
Just sayin...
Like I said in my first post. If there is any way I can post up our private messages on here there would not be this so called 2 story's. Just one
Old 04-20-2016, 04:39 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by MURKEDZ06
Like I said in my first post. If there is any way I can post up our private messages on here there would not be this so called 2 story's. Just one
Just cut & paste the messages into a post on this thread. Easy if you just open 2 tabs or windows in your browser.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:10 PM
MURKEDZ06
Racer

InOriginally Posted by MURKEDZ06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorchRedC6

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorchRedC6

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted byTorchRedC6

Quote:

Originally Posted byMURKEDZ06

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

(Buyer)Do you still have the black c6 headlights for sale?

Thanks,
Tony

(Me)Yes

(Buyer) Cool. Is there anything wrong with them? Looking for ones in perfect shape like new. Can you send me some pics of them?

My email address isbrownts5@gmail.com

Thanks

(Me) Pics sent to above email

(Buyer) Thanks! I got the pics and they look nice. Question I found this while searching for black headlights. Is this the same lights? It appears that you bought them from this guy or are these factory GM black headlights?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

(Me) Same ones

(Buyer) Ok figured they where. How is the paint job on them? It's hard to tell in the pics. Is there any trash in the paint? Orange peel? Etc. Just curious if out in the sun they still look good since they are painted.

(Me) They are great

(Buyer) Ok cool. I will take your word for it. I am in mobile, al so not to far from you. How about $850 shipped? I am ready to pay you for them.

(Me) Sorry I won't do that. I jumped on these as soon as I seen the ad.

(Buyer) Ok I thought that was a fair price. Only loose $50 and had them almost a year. You want $900 shipped for them? I'll do that I guess send me your paypal.

(Buyer) You get my message?

(Me) Sorry I just got home.
Daveandmaggs07@yahoo.com

Add the fee or send as a gift. And verify the shipping address

(Buyer) Payment sent.

Shipping Address:
Tony Brown
3221 LaCoste Road
Mobile, Al 36618

Please send tracking info.

(Me) Yes, tracking number will be given as soon as it goes out.
Should have them out Monday, latest Tuesday.

(Buyer) Excellent! Thanks.

(Me) Went out usps
9505 5110 2862 6088 2533 90

Packed them up very good. Excuse all the tape I used to keep the bubble wrap nice an tight.

(Buyer) Hey I finally got time to install the head lights last weekend and the turn signal lights don't work on my car. My car has 3 wires for the turn signal bulbs and these head lights only have 2 wires so I need to send them back to you.

(Me) The headlights are in perfect working condition. They worked perfectly fine on my Z06. Pics were provided to you prior to sale.

If what you say is true, then it is your responsibility to assure the items you purchase will work for you.

It's not fair to me that you did not do research. I will definitely look into this.

My cell # is 832-561-1328 hard for me to respond as quickly on here.

(Buyer)Tried to call and no answer. What I am saying is true. I have a 2010 so I assume at some point they changed it but have never read about it anywhere that there are differences between 2005-2013 c6 headlights. It appears that you did not know there was a difference either. So you got lucky that they worked on your car. Me not so much.

(Me) I'm doing research for your you. As you came to me asking if I still had the black headlights. I am as honest as it gets. But the lack of research on your end should not leave me penalized.

You have to understand this.

(Buyer) Thanks for doing research but it's not going to matter because there is a wire missing. Your an honest person that did not know either but now we both learned something. You acted like they where gold when I bought them from you but now that they might be hard to sell because of what I discovered I assume you want me to deal with it instead of you taking them back. At least that's the way you are sounding to me.

(Me) First off I did not have them for sale. You messaged me if I still had them. I just happened to purchase another c6 corvette that is already black and considered selling this set off of my red Z06 since I will be returning it to factory trim to sell or trade in to dealer.

You want me to deal with it is how it sounds.

This is like you coming to me wanting to buy a mustang motor that works great. But yet the mustang motor does not work in your corvette. You expect me to deal with it when what I sold is what I stated.

(Buyer) Did you ever drive with these headlights at night? I just went and moved the vette out of my garage to get another car out and the passenger side headlight projector looks like a light saber beam instead of a headlight. But I guess to you since you are so honest it was in perfect working conditioning meaning the light comes on. Sounds exactly like you sold me a blown mustang motor for a vette. The motor still runs, smokes real bad, and makes knocking noises but it's in perfect condition. Unbelievable man.

(Me) Wow so now the light is not performing well.? Either you have electrical issues which I doubt or you just in a bind an need money right now.

For your information is have drive with the lights on the car and at night as well. I have videos with recent date to prove it.

Enough of this back and forth nonsense. I have done research and posted a thread about all this and everyone agrees with me.

Most people are saying you are just trying to scam me.
I said I doubt it and hope that this is not what you are trying to do.

However I am now feeling that's what you are trying to do.

Let's just go through PayPal and I will provide them with everything from emails, personal messages, pictures and videos with the dates of every picture and video taken.

I have no reason to scam anyone. I make great money and honesty has helped give me the blessed life is have today.

(Buyer) No I just want a set of black headlights that work correctly. I am super busy right now and will try to make them work when I get time again and if not then I will go through paypal. Have to say in the 40+ years I have been buying and selling stuff have never met anyone like you before. There's always that bad apple.

Last edited by MURKEDZ06; 04-20-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

And now we know the rest of the story. I would wash my hands of it. The transaction is done.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:26 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,330 Likes on 2,775 Posts

To the OP: has he responded to you telling him there's a thread? Are you expecting some sort of further response, or is this all in paypal's hands?

Also, regarding these statements:

I have done research and posted a thread about all this and everyone agrees with me.

Most people are saying you are just trying to scam me.
I said I doubt it and hope that this is not what you are trying to do.
...where is that thread located?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:46 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369

Same place as that missing wire?
Old 04-21-2016, 01:40 PM
MURKEDZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
To the OP: has he responded to you telling him there's a thread? Are you expecting some sort of further response, or is this all in paypal's hands?

Also, regarding these statements:

Its on Z06 vette owners page on Facebook. If you are on there it can be found.

Get notified of new replies

To Frustrated with a member on this forum!

Quick Reply: Frustrated with a member on this forum!