Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Big Thanks to "TREMEC"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:30 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Big Thanks to "TREMEC"

It's not often I have experience "EXCELLENT" customer service, but I would like to give a big thanks to Tremec.

Transmission is a T56 Magnum 6 speed. Less than 12 months after installation.

About 2 weeks ago I was breaking in my new brakes / rotors, checking out the car etc when all of a sudden a big puff of smoke out the back of the car. Last time that happened a power steering hose blew out on the headers. I stopped a looked all good under the hood, but smoke now coming from under the car. Of course fluid all over underneath. I was only a block from home so I drove in the garage and shut it down and up on blocks it goes. Well the slip yoke seal blew out and dumped tranny fluid everywhere.

Now here's the excellent part. I contacted the company I purchased the tranny from (Local purchase). They didn't seem to care and said contact tremec. Ok thinking this is going to be a nightmare I called tremec. 5 minutes later they already had a plan in place for me to ship the tail housing and complete the repair and send it back to me. (warranty repair) I was expecting they would ship me out a new seal. But based on my serial # they determined that a new seal would not fix the problem. There were a few units that all had a similar problem (yoke seal blows out) due to machining tolerences and a new seal would not fix the problem.

Once they determined I was from "Canada" they decided to just send me out a new complete tail housing. To costly to ship accross the border and back.

Total time for me was 7 days. Call on monday and next monday I had the new part in hand. Also the 7 days gave me time to slowly start removing the transmission. While the transmission was out I decided to install a mcleod RST Dual clutch as well.

I big thumbs up to Tremec and their excellent customer service.

Last edited by cagotzmann; 04-23-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to "TREMEC"