Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Contacting Josh at HPA

Old 04-28-2016, 03:11 PM
vel525
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacting Josh at HPA

Hello All,

I'm not an active member and wasn't sure exactly where to post so am starting in the regional forum. I am trying to get a hold of Josh at HPA to track down my car. He's had my car since 2011/2012 and I've sent multiple emails and left lots voice mails to get an update (we've connected a few times the past several years, but I haven't heard from him in awhile). I know the shop is super busy, but I need to get the car back asap and I am trying to keep this friendly and professional. I don't want to involve legal or other authorities so reaching out for some help.

Is there any one local to HPA that could swing by and check on my car and get a message to Josh? I'm on the other side of the country now so am not able to meet him in person. I can definitely send some gas, beer, pizza money. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Victor
Old 05-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

If some shop has had your vehicle for the past four years & has been out of contact, despite your reservations, I would think it's time to involve legal authorities.....presuming you have evidence that the vehicle is in their possession. The only "HPA" I'm aware of is located in BC, Canada....is that whom you're referring to?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Dave S
If some shop has had your vehicle for the past four years & has been out of contact, despite your reservations, I would think it's time to involve legal authorities.....presuming you have evidence that the vehicle is in their possession. The only "HPA" I'm aware of is located in BC, Canada....is that whom you're referring to?
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 PM
PSU 98
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HPA = Horsepower Addicts in St. Georges, Delaware. They're a sponsor here and I think they still post from time to time.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:44 AM
vel525
Navigator

Originally Posted by PSU 98
HPA = Horsepower Addicts in St. Georges, Delaware. They're a sponsor here and I think they still post from time to time.
Yes, thanks for the clarification on HPA.

HPA has had my car for several years, but we have been in touch on and off through the years (I was in no rush so the first couple years so I was okay with HPA taking their time with the work). More recently, the car was supposed to be wrapped up in the fall of 2015, but since then I hadn't been able to get in touch with them. Thus, me posting on here.

As an update, Josh private messaged me and we are supposed to speak tomorrow. Hopefully we can resolve everything. Will keep you posted and thanks for the responses.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:59 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by vel525
Yes, thanks for the clarification on HPA.

HPA has had my car for several years, but we have been in touch on and off through the years (I was in no rush so the first couple years so I was okay with HPA taking their time with the work). More recently, the car was supposed to be wrapped up in the fall of 2015, but since then I hadn't been able to get in touch with them. Thus, me posting on here.

As an update, Josh private messaged me and we are supposed to speak tomorrow. Hopefully we can resolve everything. Will keep you posted and thanks for the responses.
YEARS???????
Old 06-01-2016, 02:26 PM
vel525
Navigator

Originally Posted by thegame
YEARS???????
Yup, long-story, but I went to business school and told them i wasn't in a rush to get the car back.

Quick update: I connected with Josh. He's a good guy and apologized for the lack of communication. My car is getting wrapped up in the next couple weeks so should have it back soon. Really looking forward to getting her back!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:25 PM
vel525
Navigator

Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone know how to get a hold of Josh at Horse Power Addicts in DE? The website and phone are down and he hasn't responded to voice mails or emails in several months.

And yes, I still don't have my car back. Short version is we've connected a few times in the past few years (I dropped my car in 2011) and he keeps telling me we are close, but then he misses the deadline we agree on and I have to track him down again.

I keep giving him the benefit of the doubt because he seems like a good guy, but I'm running out of patience. And I'm really trying not to involve legal, insurance, etc. I just need to get a hold of him so we can work this out. Appreciate your help!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:47 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by vel525
Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone know how to get a hold of Josh at Horse Power Addicts in DE? The website and phone are down and he hasn't responded to voice mails or emails in several months.

And yes, I still don't have my car back. Short version is we've connected a few times in the past few years (I dropped my car in 2011) and he keeps telling me we are close, but then he misses the deadline we agree on and I have to track him down again.

I keep giving him the benefit of the doubt because he seems like a good guy, but I'm running out of patience. And I'm really trying not to involve legal, insurance, etc. I just need to get a hold of him so we can work this out. Appreciate your help!
This is crazy to me. What happens if you just pop in and stop by the shop? I just called and see there is a message that says they are overbooked and catching up on work and most likely not taking new projects until mid October.

I am not even bashing HPA because I know a few people that have gone there and were happy with their results and builds. If your story is true why wouldn't you just get the car and take it to ECS which is an hour away from HPA. Something just seems so fucked up about this whole story. I mean YEARS is beyond insane
Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 AM
vel525
Navigator

Originally Posted by thegame
This is crazy to me. What happens if you just pop in and stop by the shop? I just called and see there is a message that says they are overbooked and catching up on work and most likely not taking new projects until mid October.

I am not even bashing HPA because I know a few people that have gone there and were happy with their results and builds. If your story is true why wouldn't you just get the car and take it to ECS which is an hour away from HPA. Something just seems so fucked up about this whole story. I mean YEARS is beyond insane
Unfortunately, I live on the west coast now so can't drop by in person. It seems their voice mail is working again, but when I called last week their phone was down and their website appears to be down so I got nervous. I'm just trying to get a hold of HPA so we can get my car finished.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:03 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

spoke with him on a weekly basis while working in sales at a parts supplier.

Never had an issue.

Seems odd.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Jesus_ralliart
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had josh put a cam into my vette/tune a couple of months ago.

he is very friendly and quick.

From what I gather, you told the man not to worry and basically let him know that you don't really care about your car all that much. You did mention that you left it there in 2011 and moved across the country.

the man runs a business so I'm not sure what you expect.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

This just seems like a crazy scenario!!

Last edited by 68ragtop69; 09-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:59 AM
vel525
Navigator

My responses don't seem to post because I'm not active on the forum, but hopefully this will post.

I agree with all of your comments, from everything I've read about HPA, they do a great job and every time I've spoken with Josh he seemed like a good guy. That's why I'm not threatening or being rude to him. I'm just trying to get a hold of him so we can get my car wrapped up.

Also, I did initially tell him to take his time because I was in business school when I dropped the car off (double checked my emails and it was 2012, not 2011, my bad) and was focused on school so if the car took a year I could live with it. I don't think I suggested I don't care about my car. Also, since I graduated (I had to move for a new job) I've checked in with him every few months to get an update and for the past few years he's missed every deadline that he set. The last deadline was July so I'm trying to get in touch with him to see where we're at.

I'm not trying to blast him on a public forum, but when the website and phone were down I got a little nervous and was trying to get help from anyone local. Appreciate your comments. If anyone is local and can let him know I'm trying to get a hold of him that would be great. Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 68ragtop69
This just seems like a crazy scenario!!
There has got to be more to this story. I just had my car worked on by Josh at HPA last week and the communication and work were on point!

Something seems off with this guy's story!!
Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Demonicbird00
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all good on my end!

Brandon

Last edited by Demonicbird00; 10-06-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:36 AM
css60
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A year and a half goes by from when you needed it ASAP, and you still don't have it? Just curious what your story is? What is supposedly being done?

Get notified of new replies

To Contacting Josh at HPA

Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

This is nuts. Where are you from? Why don't you take a last minute eSaver ticket for $125 round trip and come down to visit the shop?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:57 AM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

This is Matt at HPA. Please call if you need to contact us. With the addition of staff we have recently responded to every inquiry and all calls are being answered or returned immediately.

Josh parted ways with his main tech and has been working all builds himself. I have come on board and we have additional tech staff to manage the volume of our customers' builds moving forward.

We are easy to get a hold of Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 5:00pm. Give us a shout or e-mail us anytime.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:42 PM
vel525
Navigator

Just to provide an update and answer a few questions.

- I currently live in the LA area and unfortunately I work in an industry where I'm not able to take time off easily so I've been trying to figure things out remotely. I jumped on the forum because HPA is a sponsor and was hoping someone local could help me track him down

- I previously wanted the car back ASAP because my company at the time agreed to pay for the shipping, but I've obviously missed that deadline and will now have to pay out of pocket. The car is a RX7 getting a LS3 swap done.

- I've recently spoken with Matt and sounds like they've been short a tech but he did assure me the car is close.

Thank you for your responses and help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Contacting Josh at HPA