Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

360 Forged / WheelsPerformance

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:38 PM
fargon
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 360 Forged / WheelsPerformance

Members & friends,
FYI. One year ago I purchased my most expensive wheels ever, 360Forged 3 piece wheels. $5300 bucks from Rick at Wheels Performance in Maimi. So far 2 of the wheels have failed, both leaking, one leaving me stranded on the road in 90 degree heat for 3 hours waiting for a tow truck. $75K Z06 and junk wheels. Kind of embarassing. Then costing me hundreds of dollars sending them back for resealing, when will they fail again? Do I dare drive the Vette,maybe I need to go back to the hard riding runflats.. How lucky do you feel today Punk? I hope none of you have to go thru this nightmare.
David
Old 04-30-2016, 04:38 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I have had similar issues with my IForged wheels.

Had to send one back immediately when new for a leaking valve stem seal (that can not be replaced without disassembling the wheel). Then I had to send one back that was leaking in the actual barrel seal. After that was said and done, I put 50 miles on the wheels and got something on one of them that tarnished the polished lip (not IForged's fault), so I had to send it in for a $400 lip replacement. The polished lips show even the finest scratches, even when dusting them off with a cloth diaper... The lips seem to be made out of the softest aluminum ever..

Lastly, these wheels are crazy heavy. I thought a $4k set of wheels would be light but...I was highly mistaken.. Each wheel is 7lbs heavier up front and 9lbs heavier in the rear then my stock wheels.

I love how they look, but I would never buy another 3 piece wheel again.

I will say IForged's customer service has been pretty good and turn around times have been pretty fast....contrary to popular belief, they actually took care of business pretty well.

Last edited by ajrothm; 04-30-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:27 PM
0Ralph@StrasseWheels
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fargon
Members & friends,
FYI. One year ago I purchased my most expensive wheels ever, 360Forged 3 piece wheels. $5300 bucks from Rick at Wheels Performance in Maimi. So far 2 of the wheels have failed, both leaking, one leaving me stranded on the road in 90 degree heat for 3 hours waiting for a tow truck. $75K Z06 and junk wheels. Kind of embarassing. Then costing me hundreds of dollars sending them back for resealing, when will they fail again? Do I dare drive the Vette,maybe I need to go back to the hard riding runflats.. How lucky do you feel today Punk? I hope none of you have to go thru this nightmare.
David
PM sent !!

Get notified of new replies

To 360 Forged / WheelsPerformance