Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

got ripped off by JBrunoJSBC6 beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 05:17 PM
everydaydriverz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got ripped off by JBrunoJSBC6 beware

caution beware of the seller JBrunoJSBC6 he ripped me off for $190.00.
long story short bought a kenney bell boost a pump back on 1-22-16 didn't get around to installing it until last month do to northern Indiana weather and building a custom rear mount turbo kit.
I installed the bap and started the car and instantly it would blow the fuel pump bap fuse. so I called kenney bell to confirm wiring was correct they then had me call Jason at a&a corvette to confirm the wiring was correct which he did confirm, I did have it wired write and he said the box had a internal short.
so I pmed JBrunoJSBC6 with my findings of the condition of the bap
and his response was it must of happened in shipping and he would file a shipping claim, I told him a shorted box was not caused by a shipping company and i'm not willing to file a fraud. claim with the shipping company. I'm going to add all the pm's of are conversation. so you be the judge.

The pump was bought off another member on corvette forum and was told it was brand new. I never used it in my car because I went with a fore innovations fuel system.

It is not my fault that the BAP was bad because I sold it as. I don't feel like I should be out money for this happening. The only thing I can think of that would be best for both parties would be to file a claim with the shipping company and say that it was damaged during shipping. I shipped it with insurance on it like I do on everything I ship.

I also just messaged the person i bought it from on facebook since I'm friends with him and he said when it was professionally installed on his vehicle, it did not blow any fuses. He had it installed on a 2014 Chevrolet SS with an LS3. He used it for one dyno pull and realized he needed more fuel.

This leads me to believe 1 of 2 things happened. 1, it got damaged in shipping which is very likely the way UPS/FedEx throws boxes around. 2, you have it installed correctly and you should take it to a performance shop to have it installed correctly opposed to working with someone over the phone.

I am also more than happy to send you screen shots of the conversation I had with him from facebook to confirm this.

My friend's name is Ryan Angellotti currently one of the world's fastest Chevrolet SS's. He had the BAP installed at STG Motorsports by Greg Connoyer, the owner of the performance shop. Car had no issues with the BAP and it worked perfectly.

I will get it in writing by Greg Connoyer that there were no issues with the BAP or even put you in touch with him if you would like to talk to him yourself. I can also put you in touch with the tuner of the car as well who was doing the tuning for the one and only pull the car made while the BAP was installed.

I'm sorry, but I will not refund your money. If you had installed it the same week you bought it and said hey Jason, the BAP doesn't work, I would refund you promptly, but its been over two months. Who is to say that you haven't had it installed on your car this entire time and you burnt it up? You have to look at this from my perspective as well. I have proof that the BAP worked prior to me sending it as well.

If you decide to leave me negative feedback then I will respond to that negative feedback and show all the proof I have of the pump working. I have been very respectful about this entire situation, but its multiple months after I sold it to you and it was in working order when I sold it.

If it is not working now, that leaves only two possible causes of damage which is that it was damaged in shipping or you wired it incorrectly and burnt it up.

I am also happy to put you in you h with Greg so he can discuss with you how it is wired and what symptoms are happening. I don't want anyone to get screwed over including myself, so I'm willing to do anything I can to help.

Greg's number is 618-593-8474. And you are completely mistaken on it being sold as broken parts so please stop the accusations. I can make accusations myself such as its not my bap or that you installed it 2 months ago and been running it since and it give out recently, but I'm not making them.

Talk to Greg, he will confirm it worked when it was taken off the SS, he installed it and removed it. If you don't think he's reputable, check out STG Motorsports on facebook and you'll see the high quality builds he does.

I was contacted by savewave, and I have explained my portion of the situation to him and I am offering once last chance to help. You still have not contacted Greg to confirm you have it wired correctly. Due to this, it leads me to believe one of two things. 1 it was wired incorrectly and therefore shorted out because of it, or 2 it was damaged in shipping, both of which are not my fault.

I am willing to contact the shipping company if you send me the tracking number (I do not have it anymore) to make a claim on your behalf. If this does not work for you then I am sorry but there is nothing else I can do to help.

Have a nice day,
Jason

Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but you cannot say that I sold you a bad BAP. The BAP was perfectly fine when I sent it and have proof. You are not willing to take any steps towards determining the problem that I as the seller am presenting you with. I also even provided an intermediate solution that is fair for both parties by contacting the shipping company to declare damaged goods. Since you are not willing to compromise I will not be refunding your money. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Jason

Feel free to post as you like, I will be forwarding this conversation to the admins.

just use caution buying on the forums the rip offs are still on here.

thanks chris
Old 05-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I don't know about all this but Jason is one of the most stand up guys I know and have purchased stuff from. Sucks this happened but I really don't see how this is a rip off...
Old 05-09-2016, 06:07 PM
JBrunoJSBC6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Ah but you left out all your responses though... you weren't willing to work with my installer who installed it correctly and weren't willing to take any action on the two options I gave you. I'm sorry but you can't even go into a retail store and buy something brand new and return it over 90 days later.

Here's the full conversation of you not willing to cooperate...

everydaydriverz: hello, I just installed the kenne bell boost a pump. I bought off you and it seems to blow the fuse after start up almost immediately. I talked with josh over at a&a corvette to confirm I wired it correctly and he confirmed I did. so with that being said I feel you knew it was bad and that's why you sold it. how would you like to handle it? thanks

JBrunoJSBC6: The pump was bought off another member on corvette forum and was told it was brand new. I never used it in my car because I went with a fore innovations fuel system. It is not my fault that the BAP was bad because I sold it as. I don't feel like I should be out money for this happening. The only thing I can think of that would be best for both parties would be to file a claim with the shipping company and say that it was damaged during shipping. I shipped it with insurance on it like I do on everything I ship.

JBrunoJSBC6: I also just messaged the person i bought it from on facebook since I'm friends with him and he said when it was professionally installed on his vehicle, it did not blow any fuses. He had it installed on a 2014 Chevrolet SS with an LS3. He used it for one dyno pull and realized he needed more fuel. This leads me to believe 1 of 2 things happened. 1, it got damaged in shipping which is very likely the way UPS/FedEx throws boxes around. 2, you have it installed correctly and you should take it to a performance shop to have it installed correctly opposed to working with someone over the phone. I am also more than happy to send you screen shots of the conversation I had with him from facebook to confirm this.

everydaydriverz: I am a performance shop. I called josh over at a&a corvette to just confirm I wasn't missing anything. very unlikely shipping caused a burnt up box. I get that you didn't use it but I bought it from you in what was supposed to be good working like new condition and it is def. not that. i'm giving you 3 days to make it right. I just want my money back. I can ship it back to you after i'm paid back. lmk. thanks

everydaydriverz: whats your friends name? and what dyno or shop was it used at? thanks chris

JBrunoJSBC6: My friend's name is Ryan Angellotti currently one of the world's fastest Chevrolet SS's. He had the BAP installed at STG Motorsports by Greg Connoyer, the owner of the performance shop. Car had no issues with the BAP and it worked perfectly. I will get it in writing by Greg Connoyer that there were no issues with the BAP or even put you in touch with him if you would like to talk to him yourself. I can also put you in touch with the tuner of the car as well who was doing the tuning for the one and only pull the car made while the BAP was installed. I'm sorry, but I will not refund your money. If you had installed it the same week you bought it and said hey Jason, the BAP doesn't work, I would refund you promptly, but its been over two months. Who is to say that you haven't had it installed on your car this entire time and you burnt it up? You have to look at this from my perspective as well. I have proof that the BAP worked prior to me sending it as well. If you decide to leave me negative feedback then I will respond to that negative feedback and show all the proof I have of the pump working. I have been very respectful about this entire situation, but its multiple months after I sold it to you and it was in working order when I sold it. If it is not working now, that leaves only two possible causes of damage which is that it was damaged in shipping or you wired it incorrectly and burnt it up.

JBrunoJSBC6: I am also happy to put you in you h with Greg so he can discuss with you how it is wired and what symptoms are happening. I don't want anyone to get screwed over including myself, so I'm willing to do anything I can to help.

everydaydriverz: I did a custom rear mount turbo setup took sometime and there about impossible to hook up wrong. the bap works but it just blows the fuse instantly. if the bap ever worked correctly. I would never try to get a refund from you, it would be my problem but it never did. if you want to file a shipping claim for damage that's fine but I don't feel it was caused from shipping, I think you know it was bad and that's why you sold it. I have to post a negative post in the for sale section, so you don't get anyone else's money for bad parts.

everydaydriverz: yes what's the number.

JBrunoJSBC6: Greg's number is 618-593-8474. And you are completely mistaken on it being sold as broken parts so please stop the accusations. I can make accusations myself such as its not my bap or that you installed it 2 months ago and been running it since and it give out recently, but I'm not making them.Talk to Greg, he will confirm it worked when it was taken off the SS, he installed it and removed it. If you don't think he's reputable, check out STG Motorsports on facebook and you'll see the high quality builds he does.

everydaydriverz: I'm calling greg tomorrow, whats your friends name that the bap was on at gregs shop?

JBrunoJSBC6: Ryan

JBrunoJSBC6: I was contacted by savewave, and I have explained my portion of the situation to him and I am offering once last chance to help. You still have not contacted Greg to confirm you have it wired correctly. Due to this, it leads me to believe one of two things. 1 it was wired incorrectly and therefore shorted out because of it, or 2 it was damaged in shipping, both of which are not my fault. I am willing to contact the shipping company if you send me the tracking number (I do not have it anymore) to make a claim on your behalf. If this does not work for you then I am sorry but there is nothing else I can do to help. Have a nice day, Jason

everydaydriverz: I don't need to contact greg when I've already talked with a&a corvette to confirm it was wired correctly. I first called kenney bell and they told me to contact a&a corvette to confirm wiring was correct which it was. They didn't say call Greg to confirm wiring. you got me for the $190.00 congrats, I'm just trying to make sure you don't get anymore forum members. I've already bought a new msd bap so I can move on with my project. I've already stated the issue with the bap is not a shipping issue and i'm very certain you know that.

JBrunoJSBC6: Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but you cannot say that I sold you a bad BAP. The BAP was perfectly fine when I sent it and have proof. You are not willing to take any steps towards determining the problem that I as the seller am presenting you with. I also even provided an intermediate solution that is fair for both parties by contacting the shipping company to declare damaged goods. Since you are not willing to compromise I will not be refunding your money. I wish you the best of luck with your project. Jason. Feel free to post as you like, I will be forwarding this conversation to the admins.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:11 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

both parties have responded....closing per forum rules/guidelines...the rest needs to be handled offline

Get notified of new replies

To got ripped off by JBrunoJSBC6 beware

Quick Reply: got ripped off by JBrunoJSBC6 beware