Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

AutoGeek - what happened?

Old 05-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

I will say this.....Killerwheels has proven time after time what a class act he is. He has always taken criticism constructively and seek solutions for customers who have concerns. Ya gotta love this despite your experience with AutoGeek!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:27 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 354 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't really care for Nick's response. It sounds like he is blaming the customer for what the customer didn't do.
Killerwheels is great.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:33 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by TON C7S
3 days later I get a phone call saying one of your items is not in stock. Are you kidding! 3 days later to call and tell me item is not in stock. Why so long to process an order? Order should have been shipped. I cancelled my order and will go elsewhere. Customer service are not knowledgeable on products. I have taken my business elsewhere. Your price match policy works how when you place an order online? You enter the comments about price match, then you have to review it. How long does this take? Meanwhile your card gets charged, then you credit the difference back. What a hassle! Price match not good on previous orders. So I place an order today, tomorrow I find it cheaper no protection from this. I'm very disappointed in AutoGeek, I can see I am not the only one with issues.
I thank you all for the kind words and please realize Nick cares greatly about the Autogeek experience also. I will try and answer some of these questions as I know them ... please understand I am offsite and not at Autogeek daily or weekly, so I am offering my wisdom based upon the many visits and visits with owner:

The Client Services area is separated from the Shipping area due to the shear size of Autogeek. Autogeek literally ships one to three trailers daily. That's correct, daily 18 wheeler size trailers. The amount of orders daily going local, thru-out the US, and international has grown substantially.

Most orders are shipped in 24-48 hours as possible. Some orders need additional review, have comments, or perhaps credit card and address issues. The entire staff works for you and wants your order to ship properly. These are worked as they come in and often within the same 24 hour window. (obviously weekends, holidays and super sales can slow this down). Credit cards are pre-authorized based upon the order and pricing of the original order when submitted. The hard charge, actual charge, is posted once any discounts and price-matches are in place. This is like a restaurant or gas station where the initial charge can be quite different than the actual final charge. I would always suggest using a credit card, versus a debit card, when ordering which will be almost invisible to you until final charge is posted. So a price match will simply reduce the original amount agreed too and post as the lower amount as an example.

Nick wants you to be happy and wants to make sure the price is the best total price to you on the day your order. So .. when you need something quickly, please consider calling in and expressing that. If you have a price match use phone, comments section or email.

For the best sales and possible free shipping offers ... here is my suggestion to all , look for holidays ! Seriously, the best sales always appear around holidays. Also sign up for the newsletter for daily specials.

In the end .... Autogeek will continue to evolve and become better because of your help. We appreciate your candid comments and I know Nick, Bob and others are watching and taking these comments to heart. We hope you will continue to use Autogeek, and as you see these changes also take place for the better, you will share those also.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-15-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:50 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

In my experience, the shipping cost is not the issue. It's the time it takes to process and receive the order. I have spent a few thousand dollars with AG over the past 12 years or so, but as I mentioned earlier, I've stopped because most of the time I need my products sooner than 8 days from the time of order. If I lived in some remote location, I could understand, but I live in KS... smack dab in the middle of the country.

I understand AG is a big business and has lots of orders, but that should mean you guys are able to step up and offer world-class shipping. Unfortunately, that just hasn't been the case recently. The only reason I even provide this input is because I WANT to order from AG... your store is awesome! But, when other competitors can get my products to me in two or three days for the same overall price, why would I wait 8 days?
Old 05-15-2016, 11:59 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

This is what I was able to find from UPS coming from Stuart, Florida for ground shipping :

This is considering business days only, and holidays are also excluded. Autogeek does offer faster shipping options at a cost as another option.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-15-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:17 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

That map may be accurate IF the order processes the same day. I can see this isn't really going anywhere. Just giving my input like others so you can understand why some of us old timers aren't ordering as much anymore.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:19 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,237 Likes on 908 Posts

I am constantly keeping track of detailing supplies that I need and have an ongoing list. When I see I'm getting low that's when I place an order. It is a rare case where the order is not received in three to four days. If I have to have product immediately due to my poor planning I try to find something locally. If you need product very fast I guess you could always overnight using FedEx but it will cost you. Just plan ahead and call Autogeek before 12:00 PM EST and they can ship the same day. I never have an issue with their shipping.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Will after this post and Nicks sarcastic comments about picking up the phone and calling, I'll give my business to someone else
Old 05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I placed an order early this morning I am in Fla hopefully it arrives fast?
Old 05-20-2016, 03:19 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
For the best sales and possible free shipping offers ... here is my suggestion to all , look for holidays ! Seriously, the best sales always appear around holidays. Also sign up for the newsletter for daily specials.
Memorial Day is coming, so I'm watching ...

I only want a couple of items, and the cost of shipping always stops me from ordering.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:45 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I've ordered many things from Autogeek over the years and have always received outstanding service. I've not experienced the delay in shipping that some of you have. I've found their service and products to be top notch.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:43 AM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I've ordered many things from Autogeek over the years and have always received outstanding service. I've not experienced the delay in shipping that some of you have. I've found their service and products to be top notch.

What Devil said.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:17 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

FWIW: ordered something small last tuesday, scheduled to arrive this Tuesday.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:19 PM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I agree with Devil Dog
Old 05-24-2016, 03:39 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Placed two orders a couple days apart, first order came fast second order placed on 5/21 shows pending still?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DRLC5
Placed two orders a couple days apart, first order came fast second order placed on 5/21 shows pending still?
Unfortunately UPS does not ship on weekends and Autogeek is closed on Sunday. What time was the order on Friday, perhaps the evening ??? Please remember orders generally ship 24-48 business hours later. As Nick has offered, please place in comments if order is needed to be expedited.

If you provide your order number, or call us, we will be happy to provide update.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:47 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Unfortunately UPS does not ship on weekends and Autogeek is closed on Sunday. What time was the order on Friday, perhaps the evening ??? Please remember orders generally ship 24-48 business hours later. As Nick has offered, please place in comments if order is needed to be expedited.

If you provide your order number, or call us, we will be happy to provide update.
W 1074284 still shows pending? Last name Lang, Checked tracking still listed as pending?? I also had placed an order from another vendor same day order has already shipped. Auto Geek order is still pending? I have ordered several times from Auto Geek over the years last week alone over 300 spent.

Last edited by DRLC5; 05-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To AutoGeek - what happened?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:08 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DRLC5
W 1074284 still shows pending? Last name Lang, Checked tracking still listed as pending?? I also had placed an order from another vendor same day order has already shipped. Auto Geek order is still pending? I have ordered several times from Auto Geek over the years last week alone over 300 spent.
I have been told the order shipped and should be arriving today. If you did not receive the email with shipping/tracking perhaps it went into spam folder in error.

Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend !
Old 06-23-2016, 02:40 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Wow, nice to see a shipping discount! Now I just have to figure out what I want.

Something to help with my chrome wheel project, no doubt.

Last edited by the kid C6; 06-23-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 878 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoZ
I've noticed the same thing. I've actually stopped ordering from them as waiting a week to get products is unacceptable to me when others can get it to me in two or three days for less money.
Same here. This is the reason I have not placed an order with them in over 15 months.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AutoGeek - what happened?