Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

AutoGeek - what happened?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default AutoGeek - what happened?

AG,

Over the years whenever I order it normally ships the same day and I have the package the next day (I live in Florida). My last two orders (well over $150) I wait 2-3 days before it even ships!

Is all ok over there? I hope the speedy service returns soon!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Never had a problem with AutoGeek. Hopefully whatever problems you are experiencing get ironed out quickly.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

My experience has been the same for several years. Order one day and it's at my door the next. But lately it's 2, 3, or 4 days before I get an email stating "hey we shipped you your stuff"... I ordered Thursday and still no shipping... HOpefully they clear this up..

I guess I was spoiled!!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:12 AM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default AutoGeek - what happened?

I love me some autogeek for sure, spent lotsa $$ there; always figure a week for processing/shipping time. Have also ordered a bit from DetailedImage and their shipping is quick and cheap. They don't have nearly the selection of autogeek but run some nice sales now and again and are closer to me so shipping is quicker. 2nd Day Air'd some pads and other stuff was only $10.99 s/h last time I ordered. Mainly an autogeek guy because of selection and support but sometimes other options avaliable depending on situation.

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 05-11-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:22 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Eminitrader
My experience has been the same for several years. Order one day and it's at my door the next. But lately it's 2, 3, or 4 days before I get an email stating "hey we shipped you your stuff"... I ordered Thursday and still no shipping... HOpefully they clear this up..

I guess I was spoiled!!
Noticed the same thing. I've been a customer for a long time and it has changed. At least 2 days just to get an e-mail confirmation of your order and several before it ships. Shipping is on the high side as well.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:13 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I am sorry to hear the shipping issues and will provide them to Nick to visit.

I do know that the cost of shipping has increased exponentially and its not getting cheaper. We try to offer the best sales and free shipping offers when possible as possible. I hope you will consider total cost to your door on each order to find the best total value.

I apologize for any delay ...

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-11-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:32 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I haven't exactly had the best customer service from them. A couple months back I EMAIL them asking to change something on my order and never even received a reply back. Very disappointed!
Old 05-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Al D
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Be glad your not on the west coast. 2-3 days to get it out the door and 7-8 more for delivery. Most of the stuff was available on Amazon Prime with 2 day delivery. I wanted to support them due to their awesome site and all the help the site gives. I will definatly have to think about future orders and delivery time. My big weekend of detailing has to be put off since my order won't arrive till Tuesday.
Still a great site for detail help.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I am sorry to hear the shipping issues and will provide them to Nick to visit.

I do know that the cost of shipping has increased exponentially and its not getting cheaper. We try to offer the best sales and free shipping offers when possible as possible. I hope you will consider total cost to your door on each order to find the best total value.

I apologize for any delay ...
Love your products However, my last order, which was a couple of weeks ago, was one bottle of Collinite Insulator wax for my boat. The small bottle was $18.99 (which is fine). The shipping was $7.95, almost 1/2 the product cost It took about 8 days to get it. It never used to be like that.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I've noticed the same thing. I've actually stopped ordering from them as waiting a week to get products is unacceptable to me when others can get it to me in two or three days for less money.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I never order a single item. I wait until I need several then I order. The shipping is only a few dollars more.
If you do some comparison shopping Autogeek is pretty much in line with other companies. Plus when you factor in the 10% Corvette Forum discount the shipping cost doesn't seem so bad.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:04 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

I have never had an issue with Autogeek shipping. The "Free Shipping" is a great deal but you have to order $150. Shipping costs have gone up from all vendors, it is just a pass through expense. Wait for the holiday specials when there is no minimum purchase to qualify promotionals.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by wonka12_98
I haven't exactly had the best customer service from them. A couple months back I EMAIL them asking to change something on my order and never even received a reply back. Very disappointed!
I am very sorry to hear this ... Autogeek often ships orders within 24-48 hours of its receipt weekdays. I would always suggest calling us, its toll-free for anyone needing to change or update an order during the fulfilling and shipping cycle.

As a note to all, please remember the COMMENTS box on each order. This can be used when something needs to be adjusted in an order or perhaps a price match or other issue needs direct help. These orders may be slowed slightly, but handled by hand versus computer.

I have shared all the valuable feedback with Nick and know that he will be visiting soon to comment. As always we thank you for your reviews and help.

I have added Autogeek's Shipping Rates, these are located by link at the bottom of our store:
http://www.autogeek.net/shipping.html

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-12-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar experience shopping with us. If an order is especially time sensitive, please give us a call and we'll move it to the top of the pile. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by wonka12_98
Did you try picking up the PHONE and calling us? Computers are not always flawless in their operation. Did you consider the fact that the email might not have gone through? Rest assured we do not ignore our customers!

We offer several ways to save: sales, free shipping promos, price match promise, Facebook specials, etc. If you find a better deal elsewhere, please do not hesitate to take advantage of our price match promise.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon but I have been going elsewhere recently. I have found Autogeek's shipping fees to be over the top. I have never received an order within one week....ever!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 AM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar experience shopping with us. If an order is especially time sensitive, please give us a call and we'll move it to the top of the pile. Simple as that.

Did you try picking up the PHONE and calling us? Computers are not always flawless in their operation. Did you consider the fact that the email might not have gone through? Rest assured we do not ignore our customers!

We offer several ways to save: sales, free shipping promos, price match promise, Facebook specials, etc. If you find a better deal elsewhere, please do not hesitate to take advantage of our price match promise.
2 weeks ago, I place my order on the phone. Salesman says everything in stock order will ship next day. 3 days later I get a phone call saying one of your items is not in stock. Are you kidding! 3 days later to call and tell me item is not in stock. Why so long to process an order? Order should have been shipped. I cancelled my order and will go elsewhere. Customer service are not knowledgeable on products. I have taken my business elsewhere. Your price match policy works how when you place an order online? You enter the comments about price match, then you have to review it. How long does this take? Meanwhile your card gets charged, then you credit the difference back. What a hassle! Price match not good on previous orders. So I place an order today, tomorrow I find it cheaper no protection from this. I'm very disappointed in AutoGeek, I can see I am not the only one with issues.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

AutoGeek - I get the shipping charges that's why I wait for 150 so its free. But whatever happened to your ship the same day? I used to order at 3 PM and it shipped the same day! Have you guys changed your policies on shipping?

Get notified of new replies

To AutoGeek - what happened?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:34 AM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon but I have been going elsewhere recently. I have found Autogeek's shipping fees to be over the top. I have never received an order within one week....ever!
My order on 3/15/16 was a 4.1 lb box and was charged $18.95 for shipping, arrived 7 days after order to Ohio. No more - I wait for free shipping now or go somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar experience shopping with us.

This is a somewhat snarky comment. Anyone can say they don't ignore their customers by offering only minimal assistance. The customer wasn't ignored, but wasn't helped much either. I'm sensitive to when a vendor blames the CUSTOMER for not doing something to resolve an issue originating in the vendor's operation. WalMart is known all too well in the retail industry for that. I worked in a customer service operation for years and our first premise was that the customer talks, we listen then take action.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 AM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

AutoGeek seriously needs some help bad. I ordered all 4 of the Rupes polishes, gentleman who I placed order on the phone says all in stock will ship next day. Then 2 days later customer service calls me to tell me Rupes Keramik is not in stock and would like to substitute for another brand. If anyone uses Rupes polishes who in the right mind would switch brands? Use 3 Rupes polishes and 1 other brand. I don't think so. I asked to substitute for a different size Keramik, says nothing in stock all sizes. So I get off the phone and call back, and ask the gentleman is he has any Rupes Keramik in stock. He says I have the 1 liter in stock. Apparently they did not want me to get the 1 liter, so instead customer service tells lies to customers. Very nice job AutoGeek! I am done dealing with your company, I do not need people who lie to me period. There is other places to buy products from without this issues.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:50 PM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

If I have a problem with customer service, I pick up the phone and speak with the company directly. All these type of threads do is invite piling on and a lot of drama. For what it's worth, I've had nothing but great service from Autogeek. Killerwheels has suggested some great products and techniques for me over the years that I otherwise would never have known about. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: AutoGeek - what happened?