Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette Mods customer service sucks....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts
Default Corvette Mods customer service sucks....

....yeah, there, I said it. They are very helpful when taking your order, just pray to God you don't have to send anything back. It's the most convoluted return policy I have ever seen. Anyone else have experience with returning something to them?

Geez........

Shakey
Old 06-20-2016, 02:15 PM
RoninC5
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

No- but I was going to order. I think I'll just wait now... Had good luck with Corvette Central though.... When I called C-Mods I rattled off three things I wanted and they did not have any of them in stock
Old 06-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

All I will say is I like Corvette Central much much better !!!!!! Maybe because they are in Michigan !!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

I have had really good experiences with Zip Corvette, Mid America Motorworks, and West Coast Corvettes. I won't be ordering from Corvette Mods again.........

Shakey
Old 06-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
I have had really good experiences with Zip Corvette, Mid America Motorworks, and West Coast Corvettes. I won't be ordering from Corvette Mods again.........

Shakey
I also had good service from WCC !!!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Shakey
I've had good experiences with Mid America Motorworks and WCC
Old 06-20-2016, 03:09 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Love Zip and WCC...
Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 73Corvette
Love Zip and WCC...
How Much ????
Old 06-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

What happened to the good ole days when a business would say, "No problem, just send it back and we'll refund your money"?

Not these guys. You have to complete an electronic form, wait 5 days for an approval, print a shipping label (but you still have to pay for the shipping) THEN you can send it back. Now you have to wait for whatever you sent back to be inspected by two different departments. I have my doubts that I will ever see a penny.

Shakey
Old 06-20-2016, 03:22 PM
imjdoggie
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Boy am I glad someone said this I couldn't agree more!!! I could post an email here that would blow all your minds. I would never ever ever ever ever ever order anything or recommend anyone to this fly by night operation. Ordered blackouts they didn't fit they basically called me a liar they told me they cut thousands of them and didn't believe me so I sent them back they then told me they fit their car but had to cut new ones for me. I ended up waiting 2 weeks for what I ordered and ended up paying way more being I had to ship them to them. They offered me some %^&*$ stupid loyalty points I told them to stick the points you know where because I would never order a sticker from them!

I'm so gald you posted this OP I was tempted to a month ago but didn't for some reason. I would not want someone to go throught the bs I did. If they would have been honest I would have been ok with waiting and paying the extra.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Yup! They are complete A$$$holes in regards to customer service!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:25 PM
imjdoggie
Pro

%$^& this place Shakey you just got my blood pressure up again thinking about these @$$holes!!!! I hope someone there sees this................
Old 06-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Acid666
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Boy am I glad someone said this I couldn't agree more!!! I could post an email here that would blow all your minds. I would never ever ever ever ever ever order anything or recommend anyone to this fly by night operation. Ordered blackouts they didn't fit they basically called me a liar they told me they cut thousands of them and didn't believe me so I sent them back they then told me they fit their car but had to cut new ones for me. I ended up waiting 2 weeks for what I ordered and ended up paying way more being I had to ship them to them. They offered me some %^&*$ stupid loyalty points I told them to stick the points you know where because I would never order a sticker from them!

I'm so gald you posted this OP I was tempted to a month ago but didn't for some reason. I would not want someone to go throught the bs I did. If they would have been honest I would have been ok with waiting and paying the extra.

Usually in these kind of cases I send pictures along with my email/response just to prove my point and give them a chance to fix it. I'm ok with things not working out 100% of the time if they're willing to own up to it, but if they don't make an effort then I don't hesitate to present the facts online to the forums showing my proof. I'll keep it business-like and not slander em... Just a flat out "This didn't fit/work as expected, and here was their response."
Old 06-20-2016, 03:57 PM
imjdoggie
Pro

^^^Quite a few pics were sent, at least 5-6 different ones but how do you hold rear blackouts in if they do not fit I even scratched around my taillight trying to take the %$@#^ pics for them. After going back and forth for a few days they told me they needed different angles and that's when I said I'll just send them back so you can see for yourselves they do not fit. I really didn't want to slander them but obviously I'm not the only one that had a problem with them so I'm glad this info is out there for you all now.

Order from here at your own risk you have been warned lol.............

Last edited by imjdoggie; 06-20-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
%$^& this place Shakey you just got my blood pressure up again thinking about these @$$holes!!!! I hope someone there sees this................
I told the girl in customer service I would be posting on CF about my dissatisfaction. She was clueless and didn't care. I wasn't surprised.

Shakey
Old 06-20-2016, 04:23 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

I guess im one of the few that have had good service with corvette mods. But then again i never had to return anything. Plus they are local to me. I have gone to their warehouse to pick up items as well. Hope your problems gets resolved.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:52 PM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

What happened to the good ole days when a business would say, "No problem, just send it back and we'll refund your money"?

Not these guys. You have to complete an electronic form, wait 5 days for an approval, print a shipping label (but you still have to pay for the shipping) THEN you can send it back. Now you have to wait for whatever you sent back to be inspected by two different departments. I have my doubts that I will ever see a penny.

Shakey

The only car place I have found online that does this is TruFiber. All the others I have dealt with will exchange or refund, no problem, but TruFiber recently got dumped by all the Mustang retailers for high returns and poor quality parts, so I've been told and they make you jump through so many hoops to replace an item it's not even worth my time.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Mods customer service sucks....

Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

I won't be ordering from them again. I was not even trying to return an item, just trying to get a credit for them charging me more than stated on their website! They said "No" and never even clarified to pricing on their site. I posted the whole situation in another thread here on the forum several months ago and EVERYONE that posted said they agreed with my interpretation of the price.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:49 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

If I remember there not vendor anymore on the forum.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:56 PM
Fed Up
"My Dad's a TV Repairman"

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 151 Likes on 93 Posts

Corvette Central has been absolutely excellent with my last few orders. Corvette Mods? Terrible experiences, and a lot of brand-x crap at inflated prices.

Last edited by Fed Up; 06-20-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Corvette Mods customer service sucks....