Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Maine04609 took money, sent no product, no response

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Maine04609 took money, sent no product, no response

Here is the FS thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

I sent money May 3rd.

May 31st I sent him a text to let him know that I haven't received the item yet. He told me that it was sent regular mail and did not get a tracking #.

I waited until Monday June 6, and nothing showed up, he stated that he would get my money back to me, but only gets paid on the first of each month but would try and get something sooner.

I left it at that and even stated if he could get me the first half this month and then pay me the rest the next month, I would be okay with that.

I attempted to follow up with him yesterday, sent two text messages (no response), then I called (phone number is no longer receiving phone calls) and then I sent him a PM and 3 emails and no response.

My biggest concern is that I found out a couple years ago he scammed some other people on ModularFords with parts as well (never sending parts out) and then sending someone else junked parts for a large sum of money. The local authorities were actually involved.

Because of this I will be contacting the police this evening.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

Also, I "purchased" the intake manifold and throttle body from that thread.

For what it's worth he also posted a thread June 5th (the night before he was baffled of why the FAST 102 hasn't shown up yet) with some issues of installing a FAST 102 intake.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ntake-ls2.html

The last bit of information I have, I live in a big building and we have a concierge that signs for all incoming deliveries, they are there 24/7 7 days a week. They keep a log of all incoming packages and even notify me via email or phone when I get a package in. I received no such notification, I've asked specifically if I have a package, and we've checked the log books... no package arrived for me at that time from him.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

Update: Police report filed so that they can contact him and see what's up (I'm unable to reach him)
Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

"Seller" has logged on today and continued to not respond to my private message.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Chris Scott
Racer

Still no response from "seller", he has activity from the 3rd. Following up with the police officer in Maine today.

Last edited by Chris Scott; 07-05-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Chris Scott
Racer

Attempted to send a PM today, and I'm unable to send a message to him. Not sure if admin has removed his ability to do so, or if he has blocked me or turned this off himself.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Chris Scott
Racer

Police in Maine are going to reach out to him and then get back to me with what he said.

I spoke with the officer that dealt with this individual the last time he was caught scamming users on an online forum (2011 on ModularFords).

Fingers crossed.

Get notified of new replies

To Maine04609 took money, sent no product, no response

Quick Reply: Maine04609 took money, sent no product, no response