Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Stay away from Paul Conte Chevrolet.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:17 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Stay away from Paul Conte Chevrolet.

Default Stay away from Paul Conte Chevrolet.
Okay so here's my story. I bought my car 2 weeks ago from a Maserati dealership on Long Island. After spending a couple of weeks with the car I noticed a few issues. Please bear in mind that my car has a full bumper to bumper warranty for another 2 months. I first noticed that my idle was a little rough and even though from what I hear it's normal I wanted to check that out. Secondly I noticed that my fuel rail covers are missing the red paint which again has been an issue discussed on this forum many times and most people have had it taken care of under warranty without issue. Thirdly I noticed the under hard braking and at speed my rotors would vibrate. I called Paul Conte Chevrolet on Long Island in New York and made a service appointment. I reiterated all my concerns over the phone gave them my vin number and made an appointment. This was over 10 days ago. Today my service appointment came due and I made sure I was the first customer there this morning. I spoke with the woman behind the counter told her all my issues again and proceeded to the waiting area. About five minutes later she comes in saying the service manager is refusing to even look at any of the issues aside from the recall. I asked to speak with the service manager and about 10 minutes later he came in to speak with me. He told me that because I didn't purchase the car at his dealership he was refusing to even look at the car and to hear about any of my issues. He told me that he doesn't have to do anything and just treated me like garbage for absolutely no reason. After a bunch of arguing he agreed to finally diagnose my car and take care of the recall but that's it. They found absolutely nothing wrong with the motor, did the recall told me that he wouldn't do anything about my fuel rail covers and that my rotors weren't his problem. I have never in 14 years of Corvette ownership been treated with such disrespect. Never take your car to this dealer. They are disgusting unprofessional and deserve to go out of business. I have been in contact with Chevy customer service who then told me you was at the dealers discretion whether or not they would work on your car. I have since made an appointment with Huntington Chevrolet on Long Island as well told them the entire situation and they were more than happy to assist me. They said that sometimes a coil might have to be changed for the engine idle and that they knew about the fuel rail covers paint chipping and we're more than willing to replace them. It's amazing how one dealer will act a certain way and another one at a different way is beyond me. Another thing that I found hysterical is that because I have a low-mileage car only 9500 miles and it's a 2014 was the reason the service manager gave me for not looking at my rotors. He said this proves the car sat idle for much of the time and would cause warped rotors.

Last edited by brooklync5; 09-26-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Did you mean to post this in the C7 forum?

Oh, and BTW, paragraphs are your friend.

Shakey
Old 09-26-2016, 11:38 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Shakey

No Corvettes are Corvettes and should never be serviced at this deal ship. Lol yes paragraphs would have been better I tend to rant when angry
Old 09-26-2016, 12:35 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Shakey
I think he was warning all corvette owners not to use this dealership.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Sydwayz
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 198 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

Rotors sitting does not warp them.

Driving too hard on them does. And also, strong likelyhood they have "hot spots" and are not warped, due to never being bedded. See here:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/....jsp?techid=85
Old 09-26-2016, 03:46 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
I think he was warning all corvette owners not to use this dealership.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 PM
blynch67
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

This is the second time this month I've heard bad things about this dealer in this forum.

Coincidence?

Get notified of new replies

To Stay away from Paul Conte Chevrolet.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Paul Conte Chevrolet.