Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of Paragon Corvette Reproductions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:26 PM
my63vette
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Beware of Paragon Corvette Reproductions

So last night I went on-line and placed an order for some parts for my C2 corvette with Paragon Corvette Reproductions. It wasn't much and at the most weighed 3 pounds. At check out Paragon Corvette charged me $41.50 in shipping. Now this really annoyed me and I'm aware of the slimy practices of some parts suppliers, but I wanted the parts this week because I have time to work on the car. This morning I woke to an email from Paragon stating they needed to charge me an additional $20+ dollars due to a part that would need to be drop shipped and would not be available for another 4-6 weeks.

Needless to say I replied with "cancel my order" and an explanation as to why. Clearly they didn't care and canceled my order without any inquiry as to how to make me (the customer) happy and how they could keep my business.

No more Paragon for me and I hope this thread will save someone the aggrivation and frustration I had to deal with.

Can anyone suggest a supplier where we don't have to worry about being screwed and they actually value our patronage ?
Old 11-07-2016, 01:53 PM
wraplock
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Try Corvette Central I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Stay far away from Ecklers!
Old 11-07-2016, 02:00 PM
my63vette
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wraplock
Try Corvette Central I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Stay far away from Ecklers!
Thank you for the reply WRAPLOCK. I appreciate it.

Hey 65hihp, wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ? I was just trying to convey a recent experience, but apparently its not welcomed on this forum. I wont bother in the future.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Yea, I've always had great service from Paragon.

One order they screwed up, sent part of the order in a UPS cardboard letter, emailed them about the missing parts. They asked for a pic of the cardboard letter, sent out the rest of my order the next day, UPS 2 day with NO CHARGE for the shipping.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

I've always had pretty good luck with Zips and Long Island Corvette especially, when ordering online. Corvette Central isn't bad either but, WILL NOT tell you online if the parts are available so, if ordering from them CALL! Also, Corvette America is very good.

Both will let you know at the time whether or not the item is in stock. L.I.C. will say: "if the price is not shown, item is not in stock" and Zips Corvette will indicate (in green) "ITEM IN STOCK" or (in red) "ITEM IS NOT IN STOCK" but, will give an approx. time as to when a backordered item is expected. Also, if an item is to be "drop shipped" they will tell you that as well.

Shipping costs from either one is pretty much in line with the rest however, they will usually (especially L.I.C.) have the parts you need in stock and ready for shipping.

The BEST customer service that I personally have gotten was from Corvette America. I ordered a carpet kit that was on sale at the time but, didn't get around to installing it until about a year later. When I got to the back I found the kit was for a convertible instead of a coupe. Oh crap! I thought "well, I'm probably screwed but I'll call anyway" and to my surprise (shock actually) they were very understanding and, not only immediately sent out the correct piece BUT sent a pre-paid return label. Now THAT'S what I call a company who values their clientele!

Gary

Last edited by Gary's '66; 11-07-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:27 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

To the OP: Sorry you had a bad experience, but I must say i have been buying parts from Paragon for decades and have never experienced any exorbitant shipping costs and the parts are as good, and most often better than most suppliers. Sometimes the shipping charges are beyond their control, especially if you want expedited shipping.

Give them another try. In the long run, I think you will be pleased with them.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 11-07-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: remove quote unrelated to transaction
Old 11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I won't buy from Paragon again..

I have a set of their reproduction C1 front bumpers that the chrome is bubbling, and they could care less...

Bill
Old 11-07-2016, 02:48 PM
61 Roadster
Pro

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Corvette of the Year Finalist 2018
2017 C1 of Year Finalist
2015 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by wmf62
I won't buy from Paragon again..

I have a set of their reproduction C1 front bumpers that the chrome is bubbling, and they could care less...

Bill
That is a bit alarming; I had to replace my recently rechromed front left bumper last year and the Paragon unit was a perfect match. So far, it is undectable from the rest of the original rechormed parts in both fit and finish.

My experience mirrors most others here; Paragon is my first choice for quality but pricey, Corvette Central second and Zip is the fastest shipper with the most information available regarding inventory. I've done well by Eckler's, but usually use them for non critical items (speakers, floor mats, etc).

This is indeed an expensive hobby.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

For Mid Year and C 1 parts I use Corvette Central but that is about all the Corvettes I ever buy are C1 and C 2 cars. If Central don't have it in stock they will drop ship it or get it in and ship it when they get it and no extra shipping cost to you. BUT you have to ask if they have it n stock and if not when will they have it and tell them that you will not pay an extra shipping because they do not have it in stock and they will OK that deal at least they always have with me, but you have to ASK and SPEAK UP for yourself.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:39 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Default paragon

I too have been dealing with Paragon for over 15 years. I have folders filled with receipts. Not only do I get a discount, and not have to pay sales tax. They are excellent to talk on the phone they have pulled parts to look at something. They are all pretty much the same with shipping. And no problem with returns.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:44 PM
phil2302
Melting Slicks

Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

I consider myself lucky to live about 8-9 miles from LICS.
Parts are good and its nice to walk up to a parts counter and leave with what you need eliminating the delivery wait.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

It's very unfortunate the OP had a bad experience. I have read through the thread and didn't find the answer to my following question. What is his location relative to Paragons location? The distance between them my be a factor on the shipping charges. Am I off base with this thought? Dennis
Old 11-07-2016, 07:13 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Boy, am I sorry to hear of your concerns with Paragon. They have been my first choice for many years. I never had a problem with quality or shipping with them. My second choice for mid year parts is LICS and I've always found it easier to buy online than in person or on the phone. Sometimes I think they have answered to many goofy questions some days and can be a little harsh. That said, their parts arrive fast and great quality as well.
Like the others have said, I'd give Paragon another chance.
Just my 2 cents here,
Chris
Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 PM
William Buckley
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

I just ordered a blank ignition key from Paragon. $7.00 for the key, and $11.00 for shipping a very small key in an envelope! Thought the shipping charge was excessive.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:27 PM
59BlueSilver
Safety Car

Received 931 Likes on 533 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year Finalist
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by William Buckley
I just ordered a blank ignition key from Paragon. $7.00 for the key, and $11.00 for shipping a very small key in an envelope! Thought the shipping charge was excessive.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
It's very unfortunate the OP had a bad experience. I have read through the thread and didn't find the answer to my following question. What is his location relative to Paragons location? The distance between them my be a factor on the shipping charges. Am I off base with this thought? Dennis
Well Dennis,

Since the OP only listed "U.S." in his statistics section and, seeing that we haven't heard from him again since 65hihp gave him ANOTHER bad experience here on the forum which, seems to have mysteriously disappeared, (see post # 3) we have no way of knowing where he's located so, that doesn't give us much to go on.

If he's located in the lower 48 shipping should be about the same pretty much all over. For instance, I've purchased many parts from L.I.C. on the east coast and the shipping costs have usually been about the same as Paragon (Swartz Creek, MI.), Zips (Richmond, VA.) and many others and have usually gotten about the same shipping quotes from every vendor I've used unless, of course, the occasional "free shipping" events that occur from time to time.

Gary

Last edited by Gary's '66; 11-07-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 AM
61corv
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Funny thing is I just received a item I bought in May from them this Monday, 5 months late, I thought I forgot to ordered it. I better check the shipping on it.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Paragon Corvette Reproductions

Old 11-08-2016, 07:45 AM
William Buckley
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 61corv
Funny thing is I just received a item I bought in May from them this Monday, 5 months late, I thought I forgot to ordered it. I better check the shipping on it.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM
watson
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 175 Posts

When I restored my 67 a few years ago I bought everything from Paragon. In general, the service was good and the prices were reasonable with the frequent flyer discount. When I started my 65 project, I ordered the first parts from Paragon. It seemed that their attitude had changed and I got the impression that they could not care less that I was buying hundreds of dollars of parts. This time, the shipping time was shorter but the shipping cost went off the charts.When I compared the prices including shipping, Paragon was the the highest. I then discovered that many of the parts were made by EC Products. After a little research I found out that EC Products makes a lot of the parts that the major vendors sell and they have a retail division called Corvette Pacifica. I ordered almost everything for the 65 from them and I have been very happy with the service, prices, and quality. You can order online or by phone. They almost always have what I want in stock. If they have to back order something, they ship it for free. Nice folks to deal with.

Doc
Old 11-08-2016, 04:00 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

It appears the OP is not continuing this Transaction thread and I doubt Paragon will comment. All posting are by third parties at this point.

If the OP has an update to the Transaction or the vendor wants to respond, they can contact a section moderator and it can be added.

Quick Reply: Beware of Paragon Corvette Reproductions