Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

ECS Kit Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default ECS Kit Issues...

So here we are breaking bolts again with the ECS kit.. I wish they would simply provide all grade 8 bolts. Overheating etc etc.. Not only did this bolt cause massive damage to surrounding parts but put a hole in my hood. But this will probably end up being locked instead of helping improve the kit so others dont break like mine did causing massive damage.. Again this is not bashing anyone just want ECS to address their shortfalls.

Also once this kit was installed I experienced non stop overheating. I was advised to get a stronger fan, get a dewitt, rad and change water pump. None of these helped. I even tried 3 different coolants, didnt help. Eventually I broke down after spending countless dollars and did the Pat G mod and wanted to also address lost air underneath like A&A did.. So I got the porta and cut the front brace and added an air deflector underneath.

Nobody is disgruntled and dont really care what Doug's opinion is.. ECS is disgruntled because I asked for a deal on a blower and they undercut FSP on price so ECS then told me immediately you would void my warranty of a brand new blower. Incredibly professional. BUT after looking at usmcpony thread I see the warranty wouldnt matter.. Now instead of Doug getting all dramatic on here it would be nice if you took constructive criticism and addressed your kits issues to improve it. Nobody said it was a **** kit but it has improvements like any kit that are needed.

You or anyone in a vendor thread want to cry behind my back and not allow for my response is pretty double standard of corvette forum and I have ONLY had issues with 3 vendors on here over countless transactions. All of the issues were addressed by mediator Corvette Forum mods so im not sure why they would allow a vendor thread behind my back.

I dont want ANYONE ELSE to get ripped off like i did when SOME these vendors are just out for a quick buck on your bad overheating. I say anyone else because I HAVE TALKED to others with the SAME ECS issues and guess what they were recommended the same stuff that didnt work on my car...

Now if you would like to fix overheatung ECS kit you only need a porta cable 4.5" cutting wheel at lowes and get the thin dewalt disk for cutting metal that from Lowes as well.

http://low.es/1wvxHNu

The air deflector can be purchased at

Kargo Master 31570 Front Wind Deflector Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TRE35I..._X-txybFG3KG0X

It just needs to be cut to fit as i have in my pic and add slots for clamps to tighten down in 3 areas like I have.. Do these 2 things and add a 2" L shaped bar in the upper for strength and weld it shut and youll be golden. Or spend over $1000 on a fan that doesnt fit and overheat.
Attached Images        
Old 12-23-2016, 11:20 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Forum members, beware that this stems from this individual being disgruntled with us for not wanting to do business with him. There is a very long thread in the vendor section (not started by us) stating his business practices that we unfortunately were involved in threw another vendor.

This person is simply a bad guy with no scruples. Beware if you are going to do any transactions with him.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Here is the lower tensioner that broke.. If you have an ECS kit the upper bolt is grade 5 and is not strong enough over time it will fail like mine did.. The bolt that holds the spacer and bolts into bracket that mounts to timing cover. If you get around to it I would put a grade 8 bolt there..

If you must upgrade fan I 100% back the new dewitts blower cutdown because I have it as well as their regular size rad. Dewitts did fry my fan connector initially but after I told them of my issue of their fan drawing high amp burning my connector they have since revised and corrected that issue.

I must say in ALL of this A&A Josh and Andy have 100% supported me and advised me on a kit that isnt even theirs! They even addressed issues for me ECS should have on A&A dime! Now that is customer service and a company who takes pride in their product ensuring the customer is happy.. I want to thank them as that is a company who doesnt post dramatic stuff like Doug and takes constructive critisizm because they are constantly improving and upgrading their kit to be more reliable for the customer. Look at how stout their bracket is pretty much bullet proof compared to ECS and flat out a better design.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Arctic Vette; 12-23-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Forum members, beware that this stems from this individual being disgruntled with us for not wanting to do business with him. There is a very long thread in the vendor section (not started by us) stating his business practices that we unfortunately were involved in threw another vendor.

This person is simply a bad guy with no scruples. Beware if you are going to do any transactions with him.
What a joke you are Doug.. Trying damage control? You guys always let FSP pay for your kit shortfalls on my car.. Funny how that works. I am in no way disgruntled but want to prevent others going down the path I did as I am no ASE certified mechanic, just an active duty Soldier for going on 19+ years now. All the countless members who have pm me on ECS lack of customer support after the purchase I guess they are ALL disgruntled and bad people.

Last edited by Arctic Vette; 12-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:32 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

You seem to forget the 50+ (literally) of emails and phone calls in just the last week alone that were all answered immediately.

When vendors have to figure out who your superiors are and get them involved to counter your fraudulent business transactions, that does not make you a good person. I still respect your service regardless.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

No i didnt forget they are all from Chris or Alex but only been 2 months with the broken bolt issue having to replace the entire bracket on my dime no less. So you said i am banned from your shop then why did i purchase another bracket a few weeks ago.

So if you would like to bring other vendors in here fine. The vendor I dealt with was in this forum and it was our issue. You are rehashing and should be banned. There was NO FRAUD just an angry vendor who didnt like the fact I cancelled an order long story short I paid for the brakes anyway. Nearly cost me double due to the vendor holding my payment but I am not sure why you are bringing them into this when this THREAD was simply to address your kit shortfalls. Oh the last vendor is CW4L when 360 forged took my $2000 deposit when i deployed.. But yea im the bad guy.. Again mods have addressed this theywere apologetic but they kept my 2k. Oh and I appreciate you or any vendor by trying to attack me through contacting my chain of command however I am no spring chicken/ PVT you can bully so go ahead and try. Of course everyone has a boss up to the POTUS but do you really think they care about some car part vendor complaints.. Never once was anything illegal done or you would be in jail for fraudulently recommending parts to fix overheating that you damn well know wont work! Stop detracting from the issue at handand improve your kit, thanks.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Take it offline.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS Kit Issues...