Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Buyers beware

Old 01-06-2017, 12:21 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

For anyone looking... you can see in my sale add the fitting is clearly on the back and not broken like this pic...

I told home how I would fix it and gave him suggestions if he wanted it to work...

This manifold was perfect when it left me

Last edited by T/A KID; 01-06-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Honeslty I tried to work with you.... despite how I felt about the situation... the box was insured for $100 bc that's what all packages through this company start with and I have had 0 problems since I used them (5 years)

You started this thread basically to bash me (Dec 29th) and basically backfired on you c people in this community know the type of person I am and have either read some of my post or worked with me directly.
You had already had persmission to get the $100 from the company and I assume at this point you had already filed with your bank for the additional $200 (like you stated)
Soo youll have $300 and a ported C7 manifold????? You made out it seems...

I did the RIGHT thing in this situation... you're not able to say that....
I tried to resolve this before I posted on the forum. My request was reasonable. You refused my request, ignored them and insinuated I broke it.

I just got off the phone with paypal again and they did not agree with you.

Wasn't trying to scam anybody. Just trying to get back what I paid that's all.

Again as I stated in the email I sent you, I will return the intake after I receive the refund. What part you don't understand? I even stated to you, I am buying another intake.

I made a few mistakes. It won't happen again.
1. Never send payment to a friend.
2. Make sure the item has the proper amount of insurance.
3. Request better detailed pics.

Last edited by phantom1; 01-07-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:02 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

My request was very reasonable. I tried to find the clip for the intake but GM does not sell it separate.

Repairing the intake by drilling and tapping as you suggested is not an option for me.

If a accident occurs as a result from brake failure and GM discovers the brake vacuum line was altered, who do you think is liable? Any professional would know that.

None of the claims where filed simultaneously or for the same amount more then once.

I tried to resolve this with you first and after you refused, I contacted the shipping company, and notified you and advised you a claim was filed with the shipping company, and you knew this and still insinuated I was trying to scam you.

Last edited by phantom1; 01-06-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:13 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Honeslty I tried to work with you.... despite how I felt about the situation... the box was insured for $100 bc that's what all packages through this company start with and I have had 0 problems since I used them (5 years)

You started this thread basically to bash me (Dec 29th) and basically backfired on you c people in this community know the type of person I am and have either read some of my post or worked with me directly.
You had already had persmission to get the $100 from the company and I assume at this point you had already filed with your bank for the additional $200 (like you stated)
Soo youll have $300 and a ported C7 manifold????? You made out it seems...

I did the RIGHT thing in this situation... you're not able to say that....
You think you did the right thing, I highly disagree. You need to think again. Backfired, not hardly.

The bottom line is people will see how you treat the buyer.

You've done everything you could think of to avoid sending a refund and accepting a return.

You accused me of breaking it.
You want me to improperly repair it.
You accused me of being a scammer.
Basically you lied about when I opened the package, 1 day after not 4.
You accused me of keeping the manifold and the money, that's not true.
You requested the payment sent to a friend.
You didn't cover the item with enough insurance.

And who do blame for all this? the buyer. You call that professional

If I sell a item and the buyer receives it damaged, I will work it out or send them a refund with no hassle, not accuse them of anything.

Yes I did do the right thing.

Last edited by phantom1; 01-07-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:37 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

The OP and the buyer have had their say and there's nothing further to accomplish with this back and forth any longer. Further argument can continue offline.

If there is some significant adjudication to this, either the OP or the seller can let me know and Ill add it. The thread will be closed per TF rules and will remain available to be read.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:34 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

OP has requested I add the following post. I'll leave the thread open for a bit in case there's any relevant info or the seller would like to respond.
--------------------
Has anyone heard from T/A kid. I bought a C7 intake manifold from him. I received the Intake and found the inlet on the back of the Manifold broken.
He agreed to send me a $100.00 refund that he suggested I file a claim for.

I filed the claim and he received the $100.00 from the shipping company on Jan 30, 2016, that was over 10 days ago and he has not responded. I've been trying to contact him since then. I sent several emails and private messages requesting the refund. He stated that he is well known on the forum. At this point I convinced he is ignoring my messages and intends to keep the money. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:26 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

To be perfectly honest, I thought the Manifold was damaged before it was shipped, and I apologize for that. After looking over everything I found a small round piece of bubble wrap pierced inside of the elbow that was broken off. During shipping It must of fell very hard or something very heavy was placed on it. It would be nice if i can find the clip that broke, other than the clip, nothing else is wrong with the Manifold.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 02-10-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Removed deleted third party commentary
Old 02-10-2017, 12:20 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Thread is again closed. Please contact me if you are involved in this transaction and need an update posted.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 02-10-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:06 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Thread is again closed. Please contact me if you are involved in this transaction and need an update posted.
Recent update from OP:

I started a post in the Buyer Beware section against T/A kid for a broken C7 ported Intake Manifold back on Dec 29, 2016 and here's an update.

I contacted the shipping company back in March 2017. The shipping company he used stated that he stopped by there and picked up the check that the insurance company sent to cover the damage to the Intake Manifold.

I sent T/A kid several private messages and emails and he has ignored them. He never sent me the money for the claim that he advised me to file. Almost one year later he still hasn't responded.

This is bad business, and I wouldn't recommend doing business with him.

Search this Thread