Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Long Island Corvette Parts?

Old 01-17-2017, 02:23 PM
mgm63
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island Corvette Parts?

Anyone else have any issues with these guys? I made a purchase online and requested the parts be shipped to the restoration shop instead of my house and they called me on my phone today about it and said they couldn't do that.

I asked WHY they couldn't fulfill that request and they defaulted that it was a credit card rule. I have been in the Army for the last 15 years and often travel and move and have never had an issue with vendors shipping my purchases to a different location than my billing address. In fact, most of the time I have to confirm that info when I make purchases. So I explained to the gentleman that it was NOT an issue with my credit card and he replied that it was. I continued to try and see if there was a work around so that the parts could be shipped and he just kept repeating that its wasn't possible due to the credit card. I referenced past purchases and at some point I said he must not be too intelligent with online purchase or the credit card rules.

Long story short, the gentleman said "were done" and hung up. I called back, no answer. Called again and he proceeded to curse at me and tell me he was the owner and that my order had been cancelled and hung up yet again. I simply was trying to diffuse the problem and process the order at this point

Attempted to call back again just to try and get the order through or figure out if it was in fact cancelled and no answer. At this point I feel like I'm dealing with children.

I pull up there website in an attempt to email them since they don't wish to answer the phone and long and behold they have a special "drop shipment" form to send parts to different addresses than the shipping. SO I really have no idea why he wouldn't had directed me to his form in the first place.

I'll purchase the parts elsewhere and I guess double check that they cancel my order. Buying parts really shouldn't be this hard.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:31 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 160 Likes on 121 Posts

Many comments about them being a-holes for many years.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:38 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,686 Posts

I'm sure your order was cancelled if the owner said it was.
I would seek out a different vendor at this point.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Brumbach
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I've only ordered one item from them and had difficulty. Burn me once... Since then, I've made several purchases but with Paragon and Volunteer Vette. Both are very pleasant and seem to enjoy participating in the project. I'm sure there are others with an excellent reputation. Sorry for your experience. Learn from it!

Bill
Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,390 Likes on 682 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Like some other vendors, if you can't do it ALL online, forget it, some like this will never talk to you for long unless you are just giving them a phone order. No customer service allowed.

Last edited by mikelj; 01-17-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,309 Posts

The owner is Rich, and if you think he's bad, consider yourself lucky you didn't get his daughter, Kim, on the phone.

As you found out, they don't like to drop ship. They're stated policy is that they don't do drop shipments, but if you sign your life away on that form, they will drop ship?
Old 01-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

LICS is one of our premium Corvette parts suppliers. They can be a bit tough to deal with sometimes on the phone, but their parts are excellent and their delivery is quick. I have never had an issue in 22 years.

Sorry for your issues/problems............but having been a Corvette owner for many years, I have seen all the major parts suppliers have had issues at one time or another.

Larry
Old 01-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

LICS has the most correct parts in the business for many items; particularly if you are a '63 owner....but they can be difficult.

Sorta sucks they wouldn't try to go the extra mile somehow for a service member...
Not sure I buy the 'credit card' rule...how many web sites have this checkbox:

"Shipping address the same as the billing address"; if not then you fill out TWO separate addresses...
Old 01-17-2017, 03:07 PM
phil2302
Melting Slicks

Received 1,008 Likes on 573 Posts

I live about 8 miles from LICS and I am a regular at their parts counter.
If you go the parts counter or phone an order and expect some friendly banter or hobby talk you best shop elsewhere.
I knew Rich Cohen who started LICS in Amityville in the late 70's.
He was friendly, knowledgable and helpful.Unfortunately he passed awhile ago.
He put together an amazing collection of about 5 or 6 tanker cars that I think the family still owns.
His daughter and son operate the business now.
Their people skills are not nearly as good as Rich's were. (zero?)
The parts are fine and since it is so close to home I rarely buy anywhere else because needing a part and getting it the same day is nice.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:12 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 275 Posts

I've purchased several parts from them and if you want correct parts, they are the guys to go to.. They do seem to have a bit of an attitude but after all, they are from New Jersey.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:13 PM
65 vette dude
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I just ordered a starter from Summit with my credit card, and had it shipped to a restoration shop.....no problems at all. Lic's does have nice parts, but so does Paragon, and you can get a nice discount from them..... if you become a loyal customer.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Craftsman51
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used LICS for many of the parts on the restoration I recently completed. They were quick to ship and the parts were good quality. I was able to complete everything online and never had to call them directly so cannot speak to that aspect of their business.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

I've bought from LICS for many years. If you do call, have the exact part number and be brief. They are one of the top vendors in my opinion. Nothing more frustrating than to place a big order with CC or Paragon and get the email a couple of days later about 12 things being back ordered or receive a package and find 5 back order check marks on the list. LICS has a simple rule - if there is a price listed on their webpage for the item, then they have it in stock. They ship fast, always send a link to the completed order and always send tracking. Doesn't get any better than that especially when they have quality parts and accurate as well. Nothing warm or fuzzy on the phone but so what. Anything that is an exception to their usual process, such as the drop shipping concern of the OP here, doesn't usually go well at LICS. But otherwise, one of the best IMHO
Old 01-17-2017, 05:19 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Velox
I've bought from LICS for many years. If you do call, have the exact part number and be brief. They are one of the top vendors in my opinion. Nothing more frustrating than to place a big order with CC or Paragon and get the email a couple of days later about 12 things being back ordered or receive a package and find 5 back order check marks on the list. LICS has a simple rule - if there is a price listed on their webpage for the item, then they have it in stock. They ship fast, always send a link to the completed order and always send tracking. Doesn't get any better than that especially when they have quality parts and accurate as well. Nothing warm or fuzzy on the phone but so what. Anything that is an exception to their usual process, such as the drop shipping concern of the OP here, doesn't usually go well at LICS. But otherwise, one of the best IMHO
Yeah...what he said....
Old 01-17-2017, 06:33 PM
seb67
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I would second the ordering online if possible. The only time I have had to call them was about returning an electrical part (set of Delco points) which many suppliers are reluctant to take back. LICS didn't seem to care about why I needed to make the return and were somewhat short with me over the phone, but did tell me to send them back. My account was credited accordingly and rather quickly. The points rubbing block and points arm were such that the points would never close even when the adjusting screw was the end if it's travel. Not an LICS problem, as it was a Delco problem. I've never seen a set of points so poorly put together. In retrospect, I never should have mail ordered points. I picked some up locally as I always have.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:35 PM
65 Pro Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,043 Likes on 574 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I won't buy another thing from them, I tried to prove to them the window runs for a 66 cp where made wrong they tried to make me feel like a fool. Even though I sent them the originals to show them why they where wrong and pictures to show the repro installed. Still waiting to get my part back. Its been 2 years don't think I will ever see it.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 PM
SW Vette
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Whenever I call Paragon, I usually have only a wish list scribbled on a piece of scrap paper - no part numbers or catalog reference whatsoever - then they look it up and give me a description of the item to confirm. I know from life experience that New Yorkers haven't got the time or patience to deal with that kind of stuff (i.e. customer service) so I don't even bother.

Never bought from LIC and probably never will.

Get notified of new replies

To Long Island Corvette Parts?

Old 01-17-2017, 08:40 PM
ry57pont
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a great guy compared to "dr rebuild "
Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 PM
roberts427
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Restored all my mid years with LIC. They are one of the Premier Mid year Corvette parts dealer in the Country. Thats all they do MID YEAR stuff,and they for the most part know their stuff. No one is perfect,In the long run you will be better off with them if you are doing a restoration.
Hopefully you can get over your bad experience and move on. If you are going to purchase a bunch of parts it will be worth it.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:18 PM
et907a
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I about 10 miles from them and never had any problems with .i only had good dealings with them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Long Island Corvette Parts?