Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Experience with Maryland Speed, as a customer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by tri08sbc
Ordered my Kook's S/S headers and catted X pipe with ceramic coating in March. Still waiting....
Then something is wrong Assuming you have talked with Branden ? Mine were ordered around the holidays and I was told about 5 weeks which it was spot on, so in your case of over 12 weeks indicates a problem to me.
Having them "coated" seems to be a big bugaboo on the time line which is out of their control as far as I know
NSF

Last edited by Not So Fast; 07-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:53 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I just got an email saying that I should get a partial shipment, the X pipe. I was hoping to get this stuff a little sooner I so I could install my CAI with the headers and Catted X pipe with the plan to have the ECU sent out for a tune before summer ends and enjoy the upgrades.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

I just got an email saying that I should get a partial shipment, the X pipe. I was hoping to get this stuff a little sooner I so I could install my CAI with the headers and Catted X pipe with the plan to have the ECU sent out for a tune before summer ends and enjoy the upgrades.
Have you TALKED with Branden, TALKED is better than email. Call him, he doesn't dodge calls and maybe he can get things straightened out
NSF
Old 07-15-2017, 11:08 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I did have a brief conversation with him a month or so ago via instant message. I have since forgotten about the order completely. I plan on calling Monday. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:31 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight08
I placed an order, after a chat session, with Maryland Speed on 1-21-2017. Now (1-27-17), after a full week of business days, the order is still listed as "Processing". I queried them a couple days ago and they said "We bring them in on a stock order. It should ship next week. Sorry for the delay." I found this a little odd. If not already in stock, why not just drop ship from LGM, rather than pay to ship it back east from Texas, then back west to me, all on their dime.

What experience have you had, buying stuff from Maryland Speed?

(I was ordering a set of LGM LT headers.)
They've been outstanding with my orders. At least 3 orders.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:22 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

i think the main concern with Maryland Speed is that they DO NOT tell you how long of a wait time it will be for your order. My experience was similar in that they did offer a very deep discount but without explaining until later that it was going to be a situation where they had to bundle several orders with the manufacturer before it would ship. It took almost 3 months before my headers shipped. I ordered in May and received my headers in August.

After two months, I had to switch my order from LG which was my first choice to Kooks, because of some billing issue MS was having with them. After switching my order to Kooks the headers arrived in about three weeks, not bad. I felt however like I was making MS a non interest loan and was becoming very concerned about them having my funds for so long. I came very close to cancelling my order and Brandon did offer me a refund, but I did not want to start over with another campany.

All in all I am happy that I switched my order to Kooks given that they include excellent clamps, gasket, O2 extensions, and stage 8 fasteners / header bolts. Just know, that when ordering higher priced items from MS that it will take some time or pin them down on what to expect and don't expect them to provide you any updates. They will answer the phone however but email updates would be helpful.

Bottom line, if You want a great price, you will have to wait. If you want it now, expect to pay retail. Wish I would have known as I wanted to do my install over the Summer while I have more time.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:29 PM
86SC
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

i ordered headers and an x pipe from branden 3 weeks ago, he told me 3-5 weeks and that there are no delays due to summer demand. i'll give him the 5 weeks but i will not wait 2 months a call to the credit card company will be placed. i'll update how it turns out.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:04 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I finally received my completed order of Kook's headers and x-pipe this August which makes about 5 months from time of the original order. I'm not a whiner or complainer but I can say I was slightly disappointed.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Malfeitor
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Ordered a Z06 catted Kooks setup on 6/24 from MS. Have been told a shipment will be in next week, for the last three weeks. Not asking anymore. Exercise in futility. I'm just going to wait it out. Curious to see how long this delivery takes. Certainly can't plan my time to install around the update information given. I'm sure the product will be worth the wait.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:26 PM
86SC
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I finally received my completed order of Kook's headers and x-pipe this August which makes about 5 months from time of the original order. I'm not a whiner or complainer but I can say I was slightly disappointed.
5 months ?!?
Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by 86SC
5 months ?!?
You should have driven to the Kooks factory to pick them up. I'm sorry, but no matter the deal, it ain't worth that wait. I would have ordered from Summit and had them the next day.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:36 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I know. Summer is almost over, now I have to scramble to get the parts installed.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:35 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Ordered many parts from them, wait is long but they have the best prices so the wait was worth it to me. 5 months is excessive though..
Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i called them for a price quote on a set of LG Long tubes and got a rude response saying "are you just window shopping or ready to order? i've got a quota to meet" i didn't think i was ready at that specific moment but after that conversation i immediately called LG directly placed my order and had it to my door in 3 days to Wisconsin. I'll pay more for customer service and good shipping t/a. After talking with LG they said they've been having customers call them after placing orders from MSpeed saying they aren't getting their orders in a timely fashion and sometimes having to cancel all together.....
Old 08-24-2017, 12:57 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by snakec6
i called them for a price quote on a set of LG Long tubes and got a rude response saying "are you just window shopping or ready to order? i've got a quota to meet" i didn't think i was ready at that specific moment but after that conversation i immediately called LG directly placed my order and had it to my door in 3 days to Wisconsin. I'll pay more for customer service and good shipping t/a. After talking with LG they said they've been having customers call them after placing orders from MSpeed saying they aren't getting their orders in a timely fashion and sometimes having to cancel all together.....
Good lord. What an expierience. The sales guys question would have been enough for me to say thank you then call someone else. I'm really glad you posted this. I won't bother with them in the future. There's too many other places to shop. The wait times aren't worth any savings you may see.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:03 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by Malfeitor
Ordered a Z06 catted Kooks setup on 6/24 from MS. Have been told a shipment will be in next week, for the last three weeks. Not asking anymore. Exercise in futility. I'm just going to wait it out. Curious to see how long this delivery takes. Certainly can't plan my time to install around the update information given. I'm sure the product will be worth the wait.
You know, these guys are middle men. Perhaps they don't pay their vendors in a timely manor causing them to be last on the list of orders to be filled. Or orders aren't filled unless their paid in full? Who waits for headers for a Corvette? Come on. Not like their hand made.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:05 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by vetten76
Good lord. What an expierience. The sales guys question would have been enough for me to say thank you then call someone else. I'm really glad you posted this. I won't bother with them in the future. There's too many other places to shop. The wait times aren't worth any savings you may see.
yea, you aren't kidding i can't believe these guys are waiting 5 plus months! how is that possible when i called the manufacturer direct and got in 3 days. They really need to change something in their process. After his response it was enough for me to know immediately i was going elsewhere. In Fact i called LG today to thank them for the order and the same guy who took my order answered in 2 rings just like last time. He remembered me and thanked me for the business. Now that is how you treat customers! When i need more parts guess who i'm going to call.

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with Maryland Speed, as a customer?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:51 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Default Headers from MS

Guys hear are a couple things that you need to consider. The discount from MS is significant. I searched around thru several vendors and no one could come close. It is very near wholesale in my opinion. For me I would have been fine waiting 90 days for the discount if I had known that in advance. These headers are not always just sitting on shelves waiting for delivery from these vendors and they have to be built. If you are ok paying retail, then call the manufacturer direct, pay 30-40% more and have them quick.

I did did cancel my LG order and switched to Kooks which I am happy with now. However, I do believe that Brandon should step up and by some of the basic systems to have in stock to alleviate some of these issues. Surely MS can afford a few thousand dollars for some inventory. Apparently they may be totally drop ship and therefore these issues occur.

​​​​​​​The he biggest issue which I stated before is that Brandon needs to be more upfront about expected delivery time frames and more frequent customer updates.

I am on the fence for now wether I will order from them again or not.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:20 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Their pricing is low but the hassle for most of us isn't worth it. Like someone said above "who waits 5 months for headers?" Unless you live in Wisconsin and you order them in November then it's not a big deal i guess. However, the specific system i was looking at ended up being $1496.50 online with their 5% discount. I went direct to LG and I got it for not much more than that and to my door in a few days. I see a lot of guys sitting on this thread with their money dished out only to keep getting let down as each week goes by.

I agree with you, if they have the facility to store some of these units they need to do it or they risk losing more and more customers. I'm glad i didn't go with them only wish i would have found this thread before I wasted my time calling them.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I can't speak for Maryland Speed, but I am betting there are more than just a couple of these internet based companies that simply operate from a computer on there kitchen table and have nothing at all in stock ... they basically drop-ship all orders they get.

And because of this, they don't have a clue as to how long it's going to take your parts to arrive at your front door.

The problem for the average consumer is that they don't have any idea as to how a certain internet based 'company' operates.

The worst of the very worst are the retailers that don't even have a contact phone number shown on there web page ... you have to email them to get any type of an answer from them. With these types of companies, good luck ever getting a full refund should something go wrong.

Then theres the internet retailer that charges your credit card as soon as you place the order ... even if that order is not shipped out for months after it's placed ... that's just BS, but 90% of them do it!

Quick Reply: Experience with Maryland Speed, as a customer?