Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

APSIS USA International

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Daniel Greis
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APSIS USA International

Stay clear of this guy, he sold us seats for our 2013 Corvette price of $5,500 in October 2016 seats arrived January 2017 one of the seats he sent was for a 2003 an the other For a 2007 Corvette neither of which would work in a 2013 Corvette. The shipping cost to me was an additionalabout $550 for the two seats which we were lead to believe was included in the purchase.
When I called him and wanted to return the seats he totally refused, said I should have the seat covers moved from the seats he sent me at a cost me $1,275 to have the covers transferred BUT the zippers were of such poor quality they came apart and we had to have new zippers installed.
I had the transfer completed by a local business who specializes in Corvette restorations, they informed me the seats sent to me by Jersey Wu were of poor quality/condition and would never work in a 2013 car, also one seat motor had half *** repairs made to the motor with hose clamps, did not have an air bag, no memory in the seat, totally BAD seats!
It cost me an additional $385 to ship the original seats/cores back to Jersey, he did refund $1,200 which was agreed for the seat cores, but would not pay for the transfer of the seat covers which cost me $1,275
He is a dishonest Man, stay away!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:21 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 602 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Hi All,

Any story has two sides. Let me provide the fact & evidences of our side and then you can judge for yourself who is reasonable who is unreasonable.

1. We met this customer on 10/14/16 in Corvette show and this customer ordered our UltraDeluxe Seat.

I asked if he could send in his own 2013 seats for production but he said he lived in FL and didn't want to have down time to his car so we agreed to run core exchange using our own cores for production.

The cores we had were the return cores from our previous customers and whatever the condition of the core was we just reused it. Then we focused on the major features such as 6-way power seat, heated seat, lumbar support....etc. The cores we used to build the UltraDeluxe Seats did have those major features.

This customer said the price $5500 included the shipping. I am attaching the original Sale Order 48134 here.

You can see it clearly with my handwriting saying "Parts only". We didn't promise him the price $5500 included shipping.

Also, it shows very clearly that the core charge is $1000 (not $1200 per he says)

The reason we refund him $1200 is for core charge $1000 + $200 sharing two hour labor of swapping the cushion/skin to his stock seats)

As you can see, he is not telling the truth.

2. He says we sent him one 2003 seat and one 2007 seat.

As we all know 2003 is C5 and the C5 seat is completely differently from C6. It's impossible that you can use the C5 cushion on C6 frame.

The reason he said we sent him 2003 seats was because at the bottom of the seat there was a GM label for one component so he assumed that seat was 2003. This was really ridiculous. It didn't matter when GM made that component with label saying the manufacturing date in 2003, as long as GM used that same component on C6 seat/frame then it was C6 seat. It had nothing to do with our craftmanship & quality of the new seats we build for him.

Here is the picture he sent me.

3. The first time they installed our UltraDeluxe Seat to his car, he said the airbag light stayed on and then he checked the label (described above) dated 2003, he assumed our seats won't fit for his 2013 car.

At that point, we let him take the benefit of double to assume he was correct, then I told me that he could return our UltraDeluxe Seats & his 2013 stock seats to us and we would swap the cushion/skin for him. Or since it's a simple easy swap he could find somebody to swap for him.

He decided to find somebody to swap the cushion/skin for him because he had a car show in that weekend.

Now problem was his installer was lack of knowledge and broke the zipper. The zipper we used on the new seats was the standard zipper in seat industry which didn't have the "PULL" pc like normal zipper. You just need to hold the center "locking" pc then you can pull & unzip it easily. But his installer carelessly used both hands to pull the zipper apart hard from the bottom and then they broke the zipper. Later they had to replace new zipper.

This had nothing to do with our workmanship/quality. We had no control with his installer.

Then when his installer reinstall our cushion/skin to his stock 2013 seats, they didn't do proper job so at the bottom of the vertical seat, there was some cushion visible. This was because his installer didn't stretch the leather properly. Then this customer said our new seat cushion/skin didn't fit for this stock seat. This is the problem of improper installation. It can be corrected by any experienced upholstery shop easily but this customer didn't want to hear it. He just simply concluded our seats didn't fit for his 2013 car and mandated us to pay for his whole bill.

Thanks God I did take some pictures before shipping and I post here for your comparison.

As you can see from the pictures I took before shipping, IT DID FIT PERFECTLY AND LOOKED AWESOME. I did post those pictures to forum and many customers gave it two thumbs up.

I also post the picture that I received from him for comparison.

See for yourself.

These are the pictures before shipping -----------

These are the close shots --------------

These are the pictures I received from him -------------

4. This customer claimed that our driver seat didn't have side airbag so his airbag light stayed on after the first installation.

At that point we had no choice to let him take the benefit of doubt.

Then later after we received his core return, I personally inspected the driver seat and I confirmed that our driver seat DID HAVE SIDE AIRBAG.

So I took some pictures to prove to him. I concluded the reason his airbag light stayed on was because he probably missed to plug the wire harness for the side air bag. For C6 seat, there is a separate wire harness. So, if he didn't plug the side airbag harness then of course his airbag light would stayed on. But he just didn't want to listen to my explanation.

So, here are the pictures to show you the driver seat side airbag. I even separate the side airbag housing to take the pictures so you can see the white color airbag inside.

5. We DID share 2 hours labor with him and that was why we sent him refund check $1200 ($1000 for core charge + $200 for labor to swap the cushion/skin to his stock seats).

But he wanted us to paid him the total bill that his installer charged him so we refused. I think we were fair to share with him $200 labor but the rest of the additional charge such as to replace new zipper was out of our control.

Now you can judge for yourself, who is reasonable and who is not.

Last edited by Tact; 02-17-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Both parties have responded. Closed per the rules. Take it offline from here.

Get notified of new replies

To APSIS USA International

Quick Reply: APSIS USA International