Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Seller dispute, member 9157

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 AM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Seller dispute, member 9157

I contacted the Seller 9157 about a set of 2016 Z51 wheels that he was selling. Wheels were stated to have no curb rash and just one small nick. Upon receiving the wheels the inside lip on one of the rear wheels was all ground down with paint missing.

I immediately contacted the seller thinking that the damage was done when he had his tires removed and he may not have been aware of it. I was then told there is nothing wrong with the rim and its pure cosmetic, it was a non issue, etc.. and that it was from the car wash and been like that a year.

The seller has offered no help to repair the wheel. I was awarded my money back through Paypal as not described, however at this point it is cheaper to have the one wheel repaired ($100.00) then to pay return shipping. 9157 thinks he didnt need to tell me about the damage and that I should just overlook the damage cause its on the backside. I could have purchased a set with no damage for the same price I paid for these. Its clear why he didnt disclose the damage.

Had I know this prior to purchasing I would never have bought them. I was just gonna forget about it but I seen a post today by the seller implying taking a C7 Z51 through a car wash results in no damage.

PLEASE NOTE: MODERATOR'S NOTE: I went in and cropped the seller's phone number from these screen shots, for his privacy. His name has also been removed. Nothing else was altered.
Attached Images       

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: remove seller's phone number, name
Old 03-05-2017, 11:28 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

I have to agree the seller did not do his due diligence and should have advised of the damage.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:32 AM
bigblueman
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

not a straight up deal on the sellers end......
Old 03-05-2017, 06:20 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

^^^ Even like the seller has said may not have nothing to do with the over all looks of the rim. Still should have told the buyer of it before the sale of the rims.

Like the buyer also has said to me if I was the seller worth the 100.00 not to have this come up on his name as a bad seller. Robert
Old 03-05-2017, 06:31 PM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

I understand if 9157 overlooked telling me about the damage, I completely understand. However, when it was brought to his attention, its like I am the bad guy for not wanting a gouged up wheel on my car.

When you say something is in "excellent condition with one tiny nick", I am assuming its just that. NOT only in excellent condition in the areas that are visible.
Attached Images  

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Dropspeed
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

When I buy something I want NO surprises so I sell my parts the same way: Full disclosure.

He knew, he didn't disclose it, this is on the seller.

-Matt
Old 03-08-2017, 04:02 PM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
When I buy something I want NO surprises so I sell my parts the same way: Full disclosure
Exactly how I operate as well. You can imagine my surprise upon opening this "excellent condition" wheel, and damn near cutting my hand on the sharp aluminum on the back.

Wheel was dropped off yesterday to get repaired. Still no word from 9157.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:39 PM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Just an update. The rear wheel has been repaired. Upon inspection the rear wheel was also tweaked and needed to be straightened. ALSO to add insult to injury one of the front wheels was tweaked as well. (receipt only shows the rear wheel as that's all I am concerned about at this point) So I am guessing both wheels on the same side of the car were thrashed from 9157 taking his C7 through a rack car wash.

Beware of this guy. He sells items that he knew damn well were not in useable condition. I should have just sent them back and got my refund through Paypal .. hindsight is 20/20 I guess. At least they will be right now, just way more than I should have had to spend to make excellent condition wheels useable.

I will update this if 9157 ever mans up and refunds an amount of my money that is fair to both partys. Up to this point he has chose to ignore me.
Attached Images   

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Personal info removed
Old 03-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

First of all, I never listed the wheels for sale! I mentioned in a post that the wheels where available in a post by someone seeking a set of black wheels.
The buyer immediately contacted me and we put a deal together; these wheels came off of my '16 Z51. Kindly note these are used wheels!
I described the wheels the best I can as they where still on the car; they appeared to be in excellent condition except the one nick on the left from wheel. The dealer that installed my new rims and packed them and I shipped them.
When I was contacted by the buyer; I reached out to the dealer and questioned the buyers concern; they stated it was like that a long time and probably from the car wash; they also stated it was just cosmetic and could not be seem when installed.
I asked the buyer to call me and he refused to take my calls. I offered him a full refund but he refused. PayPal said buyers do this all the time in an effort to get a lower price.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: phone number removed from this screen shot for privacy

Attached Images  

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:48 AM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Originally Posted by 9157
First of all, I never listed the wheels for sale! I mentioned in a post that the wheels where available in a post by someone seeking a set of black wheels.
The buyer immediately contacted me and we put a deal together; these wheels came off of my '16 Z51. Kindly note these are used wheels!
So because you never "listed them for sale" that makes it ok to tell me they were in excellent condition when one wheel had been damaged from the car wash a year prior? I asked about the condition a couple times.

I described the wheels the best I can as they where still on the car; they appeared to be in excellent condition except the one nick on the left from wheel. The dealer that installed my new rims and packed them and I shipped them.
You described the wheels the best you could but forgot the damaged lip on the back of the wheel. You said you never "thought twice about it since it cant be seen". So why should I have to cover the repair cost?

When I was contacted by the buyer; I reached out to the dealer and questioned the buyers concern; they stated it was like that a long time and probably from the car wash; they also stated it was just cosmetic and could not be seem when installed.
Wait a minute. YOU told me it was from a car wash, YOU told me it had been like that a year. YOU told me you had it inspected by Hendricks when it was first noticed. And now you tell this story? You are a liar. Look at the time stamps on the text and how you replied to me. You NEVER reached out to the dealer!

I asked the buyer to call me and he refused to take my calls. I offered him a full refund but he refused. PayPal said buyers do this all the time in an effort to get a lower price.
It was clear you were not helping out so why would I call you. You never once offered help and you never once called me, so dont imply that I "didnt take your calls". Yea thats exactly what I am going for...a lower cost. Nice one.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: I removed the phone number from this screen shot for privacy
Attached Images  

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Your personal attacks will not change the fact you were giving the opportunity for a refund or for you to call me to resolve this issue.
You have a beautiful car; enjoy it!
Old 03-11-2017, 09:45 AM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Your personal attacks will not change the fact you were giving the opportunity for a refund or for you to call me to resolve this issue.
You have a beautiful car; enjoy it!
I call it how I see it. Good job at explaining the discrepancy's in your story. Yea a refund awarded by Paypal costing me return shipping which was more than repairing the damaged wheel.

This will remain unresolved until the seller refunds me the cost to repair the one damaged wheel which he knew about and didnt disclose. Cost is on the receipt above. $100.00 Fastlxtasy@charter.net
Old 03-11-2017, 09:49 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

maybe the seller never saw the back-side of the rims?

''The dealer that installed my new rims and packed them and I shipped them.''
Old 03-11-2017, 09:58 AM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
maybe the seller never saw the back-side of the rims?

''The dealer that installed my new rims and packed them and I shipped them.''
That is what I originally thought when I first contacted the seller. maybe he was unaware. However he replied it had been that way for a year and it was from taking his car through the car wash.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:54 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

The buyer and seller have now both had their opportunity to tell their side. Further communication can continue off line if the participants wish. The thread will be closed per Transactions Feedback rules. It will remain in the archives available to be read by any member. If either side has a resolution or significant development to report, they can contact me and I will enter it on the thread.

Just a note in case anyone missed it, I went in and removed the users' phone numbers from the tops of the text screen shots in this thread for everyone's privacy. Name was removed as well. No other info was altered.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Seller dispute, member 9157

Quick Reply: Seller dispute, member 9157