Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of Texas Auto in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:51 PM
350wwood
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Beware of Texas Auto in Houston

I was going to buy this inferno orange 2012 C6 Corvette from Texas Auto in Houston until I flew down and inspected the car.

I did all my homework asked for pictures and videos of the car they just left out the one showing the body damage to the underside of the passenger rocker panel that was chrushed from in proper jacking.

I put a deposit on the car,flew down and wasted my time and money or be lied to about the condition of the car. It looks great in the pictures but is not as nice as it looks.

Just trying to make sure someone else is not mislead by the Texas Auto of Houston team!
Attached Images  

Last edited by 350wwood; 04-02-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Good looking out
Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 PM
sdwncm
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Another suggestion, If I may. There many members in many cities where corvettes are for sale. Next time reach out and ask and I bet someone would be willing to do a quick visual inspection for you.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:31 PM
350wwood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdwncm
Another suggestion, If I may. There many members in many cities where corvettes are for sale. Next time reach out and ask and I bet someone would be willing to do a quick visual inspection for you.
I did ask on this forum and nobody responded.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:29 PM
claf
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

I can see why you might be a little irritated BUT It seems you could have negotiated a price reduction based on the damage and still ended up with a nice car. You already have a decent investment in time and money, why walk away ? Very difficult to find perfection on a 5 year old car.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:18 PM
350wwood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by claf
I can see why you might be a little irritated BUT It seems you could have negotiated a price reduction based on the damage and still ended up with a nice car. You already have a decent investment in time and money, why walk away ? Very difficult to find perfection on a 5 year old car.
They offered me $500 off for the -crushed rocker... I don't think that was enough.
Do you think it was right for them to assume that I would not see the damage that they did not disclose?

Would you have paid full price for a car that had damage to it??
Old 04-03-2017, 01:20 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,327 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by claf
It seems you could have negotiated a price reduction ...
Originally Posted by 350wwood

He specifically suggested not paying full price.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Richie333
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They offered me $500 off for the -crushed rocker... I don't think that was enough.
Do you think it was right for them to assume that I would not see the damage that they did not disclose?

we Had a car shipped from North Carolina to Texas from car max and it had the same damage but in both sides, they took the car back and sent it to an auction since they didn't want to fix it and considered it a salvage tittle.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:34 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie333
we Had a car shipped from North Carolina to Texas from car max and it had the same damage but in both sides, they took the car back and sent it to an auction since they didn't want to fix it and considered it a salvage tittle.
Car max would not have considered your car a salvage title car, they are however very particular about damaged panels & what they will keep vs sell wholesale.
FWIW Car max is the second largest auto auction in the USA so they move a ton of cars via their wholesale auctions to other dealers
Old 04-07-2017, 02:38 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

I was going to buy this inferno orange 2012 C6 Corvette from Texas Auto in Houston until I flew down and inspected the car.

I did all my homework asked for pictures and videos of the car they just left out the one showing the body damage to the underside of the passenger rocker panel that was chrushed from in proper jacking.

I put a deposit on the car,flew down and wasted my time and money or be lied to about the condition of the car. It looks great in the pictures but is not as nice as it looks.

Just trying to make sure someone else is not mislead by the Texas Auto of Houston team!
I don't know the reputation of the dealer involved but finding the damage in the area you discovered it can be hard.
I have looked at cars for other CF members and if not on a lift, depending on the extent of the damage, to see the cracked rocker panel can be tough.
I would say $500 was fair, $750 would have been better. The patch for a cracked rocker is not that hard and paint match not that critical for the given area. Rocker panel replacement if it where that bad is a whole different story, that is major surgery on a C6 vette!
Old 04-08-2017, 12:24 PM
350wwood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
I don't know the reputation of the dealer involved but finding the damage in the area you discovered it can be hard.
I have looked at cars for other CF members and if not on a lift, depending on the extent of the damage, to see the cracked rocker panel can be tough.
I would say $500 was fair, $750 would have been better. The patch for a cracked rocker is not that hard and paint match not that critical for the given area. Rocker panel replacement if it where that bad is a whole different story, that is major surgery on a C6 vette!
No worries.... I didn't buy the car so I just want whoever wants to buy the car knows that it needs to be repaired and is aware it is damaged!

When you pay to fly somewhere and bring a cashiers check with you it is very disappointing to find out that you were not giving all the facts of the car when you have asked for them..

This is not a witch hunt just trying to save someone else some disappointment!

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Texas Auto in Houston