Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Be very CAREFUL with Ecklers Guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:16 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Be very CAREFUL with Ecklers Guys

Hey everyone
So i purchased 10 parts for my 07 C6 to make a wide body.
Ordered on 04-04-2017.
So today is 05-02-2017.
So far received 4 parts from my order.
Waiting and waiting to put my car back together, a month later.

Haven't heard anything, So i checked the purchase today, and look at what it says, 3 are scheduled to be shipped on 05-19-07.

I mean what is that, PAID for through paypal on 04-04-17.
They have had my money for a month almost now.

So i called today, and they tell me they do not have those parts, and can not tell me exactly when they will ship, even tho is says expected ship date.

This guy gave me the BIGGEST BS, We order parts from others when we get your order BS, sorry we took your money BS story i have ever heard.

What kind of world is it coming to? Companies get so big they hold peoples money, don't send sorry, or anything, a update on your order perhaps?

These companies need to learn!

Everyday i see more crap, banks, cell phone companies, nickeling diming my azz, more fees, more crap.

I am SO SICK of it!

I am seriously thinking of filing a ripoffreport, bbb, scam or more.

Have not decided yet, told the rep on the phone, call me tomorrow with a exact date of shipping, ill decide what to do then........

On a lighter note, haha
Does anyone know if the oem z06 front bumper reinforcements will fit my wide z06 design front bumper and wide fenders?

Maybe i can find them used and atleast start putting my car back together.

If he tells me they will ship on 5-19-17 as he says will still be 5 days before i get them, so will be almost 2 months from my order.

Tell me what you guys think, would like to hear your opinions.

I am so pissed, its ridiculous.

Thanks, Chris

Last edited by vettekid81; 05-02-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Will these work for the wide body?
I can claim a refund from eclers and get them weeks earlier.
Genuine Chevrolet Corvette Bumper Cover Reinforcement 10330822
Genuine Chevrolet Corvette Bumper Cover Reinforcement 10330822
Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Tim Ware
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Ecklers seems to be becoming a "third world supplier " Low inventory and poor service are some of the first signs of what I call " The death spiral " If sales are down, the company cannot buy inventory. No inventory, no sales, and so on. Vicious circle that can only result in ultimate failure.
There's lots of competition in the Corvette aftermarket, and Ecklers doesn't appear to be keeping up.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:47 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I just made a substantial order for date coded glass that they said will ship direct from the manufacturer. I actually felt that circumstance up front was better than ordering something assumed to be in inventory. We shall see.

Also got the 15% sale, which was pretty good.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:44 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Default vette

Hi Tim
Yes, i personally agree, i believe ecklers is on the way out. just got the front RH front and rear liner.
BOTH from GM of course.
Called the dealer, ordered the LH and paid less today, will be here by 11am tomorrow.

Seeing it took months to get what i have, i spoke with ecklers to get a refund. The man name rich tells me you have to cancel through paypal, and hang up on me.

I can not see a company getting any worse.

Vettebuyer
I was given 30% off for spending more then $600.
Currently on there site they are offering a "SUMMER" sale, 5-15% off with codes, 30% for signing up to membership.

I hope your purchase turns out better then mine, needless to say with this horiible, horrible experiance, ive been very patient waiting as my car sits in the garage. As tim has stated many other companies, i will be shopping elsewhere.

Last edited by vettekid81; 05-09-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:25 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Just got an email from Ecklers that the 2 pieces of glass are "shipped" but no tracking number.

Normally this would make me happy, but I'm having trouble believing they were date coded properly and shipped that quickly.

Results pending.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:33 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Default New

Vettbuyer,
Glad they are at least updating you, hope it turns out good for your order.
I went to my local chevy dealer yesterday, ordered the reinforcements, fender liners. Picked them up this afternoon. Got the rest of my order in one day, less cost.

I think when iam done, i will post all the GM numbers for people to go and buy what they need to build a wide body kit.

It should not be this difficult to fix a car, life is too short, i want to enjoy driving it.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:30 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by vettekid81
Vettbuyer,
Glad they are at least updating you, hope it turns out good for your order.
I went to my local chevy dealer yesterday, ordered the reinforcements, fender liners. Picked them up this afternoon. Got the rest of my order in one day, less cost.

I think when iam done, i will post all the GM numbers for people to go and buy what they need to build a wide body kit.

It should not be this difficult to fix a car, life is too short, i want to enjoy driving it.
Just an update on mine, 3 weeks after order I called for status as all the tracking would say was "drop ship" and "no tracking info." The Customer Service girl said she had never heard of "date coding" a part before. she said they weren't allowed to talk to the supplier, had to electronically request an update and would email me in 72 hours.

Today they said they would date code if I asked (I already did) and that it was back ordered with no ETA.

I cancelled. They have since contacted me and stated the refund will show up in 5-7 working days. If it becomes an issue I'll start my own thread.

I don't see Ecklers answering this one, so I'll close it per TF rules.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 06-10-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Be very CAREFUL with Ecklers Guys

Quick Reply: Be very CAREFUL with Ecklers Guys