Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Whats up with DD Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by 907Z06
Just received an email from Dennis after canceling my order.

"I am going to be done with all corvette business soon and stick to our Jeep products. I don't have time anymore to mess with corvette stuff and making stuff custom too order anyways."

I think it goes without saying that I will not be doing business with DoubleD Mods and wish all who are still waiting best of luck, but would recommended bailing out while you have an opportunity to recoup your investment! Cause that ship is sailing!
that's okay, I am a DDD kind of guy anyways!
Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by 907Z06
Just received an email from Dennis after canceling my order.

"I am going to be done with all corvette business soon and stick to our Jeep products. I don't have time anymore to mess with corvette stuff and making stuff custom too order anyways."

I think it goes without saying that I will not be doing business with DoubleD Mods and wish all who are still waiting best of luck, but would recommended bailing out while you have an opportunity to recoup your investment! Cause that ship is sailing!
If that's the truth and I have no reason to doubt it---that is one of the worst ways to "go out of business" or treat former customers I've seen in a long time. Change that to EVER SEEN.

As a matter of fact, it should be a case-study example in biz schools of just how NOT TO DO IT with customers by acting stupidly.

Last edited by AORoads; 09-22-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:59 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

The cowards way of going out of business.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:43 AM
38Cig
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One bad review after another.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/double-d-mods-hazel-green
Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Took me 6 months to get a bezel that was supposed to take 8 to 10 weeks. First and last thing I will ever buy from there.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:16 PM
workmanw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 517 Likes on 292 Posts

I usually only post in the C5 section, but this thread made it over there. I have purchased many things from Dennis over years. A full leather interior, a leather double din console, a complete stereo system... l have a current order in for a 3rd sub box. Yes the things I purchased took some time, but it has always been in line with other custom stuff I have purchased from other vendors. When we talked a couple of weeks ago he mentioned that they were swamped and that he and his wife were starting to get burned out working 7 days a week trying to keep up with orders. Dennis has been a vendor on this forum for a long time. He gives great deals and has gone out of his way to help many of us. He is getting older and things may be starting to take longer. I have read all of the posts and I agree that some of the responses that people have received could have been better. What I am hearing in them is frustration and burn out. Dennis is more than just a vendor on here, he's family and I, for one, am going to stick by him.

- Wayne
Old 09-30-2017, 03:11 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by workmanw
I usually only post in the C5 section, but this thread made it over there. I have purchased many things from Dennis over years. A full leather interior, a leather double din console, a complete stereo system... l have a current order in for a 3rd sub box. Yes the things I purchased took some time, but it has always been in line with other custom stuff I have purchased from other vendors. When we talked a couple of weeks ago he mentioned that they were swamped and that he and his wife were starting to get burned out working 7 days a week trying to keep up with orders. Dennis has been a vendor on this forum for a long time. He gives great deals and has gone out of his way to help many of us. He is getting older and things may be starting to take longer. I have read all of the posts and I agree that some of the responses that people have received could have been better. What I am hearing in them is frustration and burn out. Dennis is more than just a vendor on here, he's family and I, for one, am going to stick by him.

- Wayne
That's understandable and may be true, but he needs to communicate that to his paying customers and be willing to refund them if the new terms are not acceptable to them. Not take their money and hold them hostage and cut off communication. Some forum members have thousands of dollars tied up in orders they have no idea when or if they are going to receive them. Best way for Dennis to catch up, is to call and cancel some of the more time consuming orders and refund them. Not keeping their money and moving their orders further to the back of the line if they complain about it.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:31 PM
workmanw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 517 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
That's understandable and may be true, but he needs to communicate that to his paying customers and be willing to refund them if the new terms are not acceptable to them. Not take their money and hold them hostage and cut off communication. Some forum members have thousands of dollars tied up in orders they have no idea when or if they are going to receive them. Best way for Dennis to catch up, is to call and cancel some of the more time consuming orders and refund them. Not keeping their money and moving their orders further to the back of the line if they complain about it.
Yes, I agree.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Not the way you want to go out after years of exceptional service and reviews. People tend to remember the negative and not the positive. He should really re-think his exit from the Corvette world which was a big part of his bread and butter.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:25 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Vendor does not appear to be responding in this thread, and the only posts are by third parties not involved in the transaction.

If the vendor or the OP has something to report, please contact me and it will be added. Thread will be closed per TF rules.