Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:36 AM
wggs18
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes

I am shocked and still in disbelief to be sharing this story with this forum. I am not one to criticize or complain but at this point I need to share my story. Before you rush to judgement on the fact that I do not have very many comments or posts, please keep in mind I have every email and text message documented. So here we go.

I ordered my 17 Grand Sport from Mike Furman in August. Mike was great and advised me to wait to order the Carbon Fiber Side Skirts and Front splitter until after I received my Vette in October. I took Mikes advise and ordered without the parts. For Months I researched Vendors to find the best possible quality and with a requirement that the Products be produced domestically. I found a company called Caravaggio Corvettes on several forums and there quality seemed top notch, almost too good to be true. I reached out to John for about a Month before I finally placed the order in the middle of March. John was ultra responsive to emails and phone calls. We discussed a time frame of about 5 weeks which I was happy about. We even discussed producing parts for my Dealer in an exclusive agreement since we do a substantial amount of customization. I am the Director for the largest Lexus dealer in the world and I wanted him to come up with some ideas for the new LC500. What happens next truly has me and everyone I speak to scratching their heads since we always had great rapport and were discussing additional business dealings.

About 4 weeks after I placed the order, I called John to check the status, I was so excited to hear that the products are just going through clear coat. I was told at that point they should ship by end of week or beginning of the following. We are talking around April 9th here. This is where the turn for the worse happens. It is now the 28th of May and I still do not have my parts. That is not the most shocking part however as if I was told they would take 8-10 weeks when I ordered how could I complain?

John goes out of his way to avoid my calls/emails keeps lying to me and says they are going through customs, they have shipped, I will give you the tracking number tomorrow etc etc. I even see where he has read my texts on iMessage but doesn't respond. I have been told for over a month now repeatedly when I actually receive a text or email that they will ship next week. I truly can't believe this. There is no way this Man/company have been successful doing business this way. I am really summarizing the experience. My head cannot stop shaking!! At this point the only thing I can do is call my CC company and dispute the charge and hope that this doesn't happen to any other customer.

My only theory is, he does not make his parts domestically and is still waiting for an international shipment. All I want is some honesty and transparency and it just appears that I am dealing with a compulsive Liar.

I have every single text and email!!!

Thanks for Reading.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

It seems to be inconsistent. I waited a long time for parts from him and they came broken in half. That said he has greatly improved packaging since then.

When mine came broken be was he was able to ship a new set in just a week or so.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:47 AM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,866 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

One thread is sufficient.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Ouch! I can hear your frustration and anger coming through your text.
Based on your information, myself being in the same position I would likely feel the same way.

Being an objective observer, I believe John and his company have an excellent reputation, and characteristic of that reputation, will make this right.

As the Director of the Lexus dealer in a market characterized by continually seeking very high standards for customer service and satisfaction, I suspect you know there can be transactions that can challenge the high quality standards that you stake your reputation upon. Client/customer trust in high quality products and high quality service our integral to the success of your business.

I believe John has built a private business characterized by similar qualities of high quality service and high quality products.

I believe/trust John will make this right. It's a quality of the service he historically provides for his customers.

I hope a suitable resolution is achieved between John and yourself.

Take care.
Vern
Old 05-28-2017, 10:08 AM
wggs18
Intermediate

Vernon, I appreciate your feedback. If you are familiar with the South Florida Auto Market, there is not a more demanding or entitled customer. John is completely unresponsive and keeps lying to me that is the problem. Set the stage by under promising and over delivering not the other way around. He is consistently telling me lies. I am really summarizing my whole series of events. Im not dissipated in how long it is taking. Its the constant lying that has been going on week after week for over 2 months
Old 05-28-2017, 10:14 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by lrobe22
One thread is sufficient.

First I've seen anything like this regarding this vendor. Keep in mind that we all don't read every post in every thread on this board.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:34 AM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also used John's company for side skirts and they were just as he had said. Perfect product and perfect delivery.
However I can certainly understand why the "Director" of a Lexis dealer is ordering a Z instead of their new sports car. The front of the Lexis looks like a crabs front end....rrm
Old 05-28-2017, 12:08 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

He has a long history of very good quality that takes forever to deliver with dubious stories along the way as to why... "stuck in customs" for weeks that, when eventually received, turn out to be before the actual ship date, that sort of thing.

If he were more up front about the status, didn't make promises he couldn't keep, all of that, then he'd have a good reputation for the WAY he does business too. But he doesn't.

Not that it helps now, but you could have found this all out in the vendor review threads first, or by asking. I don't go out of my way to trash him and probably do the inverse (and in fact, I just posted a positive comment about a steering wheel I got for Christmas in February) but I still answer honestly if asked about the experience. I just don't bring it up.

Last edited by davepl; 05-28-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:41 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

I think that the OP is indirectly asking for the vender to reply here so that he and everybody else can appraise the validity of his replies.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:45 PM
wggs18
Intermediate

I don't need to validate anything. He needs to change or go out of business. I just want my parts. Or be honest ThTs it.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:40 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by wggs18
I don't need to validate anything. He needs to change or go out of business. I just want my parts. Or be honest ThTs it.
OK, I was hoping the vender would reply.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear of your frustration. Charge back the CC and order from APSIS or Katech. I have CF parts from both vendors and their quality, customer service and lead times are excellent.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Scottcolem
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

after reading this im glad he didn't return my several phone calls to order parts
Old 05-29-2017, 07:27 AM
wildbillz06
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cancel the order and buy from someone else.Plenty of vendors out there.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:20 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

One thread per transaction complaint, please.

Get notified of new replies

To Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes

Quick Reply: Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes