Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

A word of caution about dealing with a man named Doug Sikora

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:53 AM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts
Default A word of caution about dealing with a man named Doug Sikora

Just a friendly forum 'heads up' if you're selling a C7Z. This Doug Sikora fellow put me through the entire process of pre-purchase, asked plenty of questions, texts, phone calls and then gave me a deposit. I only asked for a hundred bucks because he seemed like a totally legit guy and it'd cover ending my eBay listing a day early for him. Within 48 hours he backs out. I don't really care that much beyond the time wasted - dude had me out laying under my car measuring tread depth at one point, didn't go anywhere in it for Memorial Weeked (there was a benefit car show I'd have like to gone to had it not sold otherwise) and I even stupidly cleared all my settings and presets in preparation of his arrival.

Point of this post - if this Doug Sikora person from PA whose email begins 'dougpaper' contacts you about a car, he's potentially a time suck and a flake. If you get to the deposit portion of the deal, ask for enough that he'll decide definitively before sending you any cash and further wasting your life.

Last edited by StreetLegalH2R; 05-29-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: A word of caution about dealing with a man named Doug Sikora