Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

SinisterC6 misrepresented part

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Default SinisterC6 misrepresented part

I purchased a used RPM Level 7 transmission from him. After having some trouble with a new clutch, I sent the trans into RPM to be inspected and repaired. They told me that the internal parts did not have cryogenic tempering, which meant it was a Level 6 transmission. Mike (SinisterC6) stopped replying to my inquiries to resolve this misrepesentation of what I bought for, I think, two weeks until I told him I was out of patience and planned to make this post. We exchanged a few texts today. He provided me with a picture of a partial quote from Vengeance saying that was proof that it was a Level 7 trans. The quote didnt have "paid" on it, and its of absolutely no consequence to me anyway. According to RPM, the trans that Mike sent me was not Level 7, so perhaps Mike got screwed over on his deal, so he feels ok screwing me over.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:58 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

I stopped responding because I had nothing further to add

Old 06-07-2017, 01:46 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Seller has responded. If there are additional developments in this transaction, either the buyer or seller can contact me and I can add it to this thread.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:11 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Seller has responded. If there are additional developments in this transaction, either the buyer or seller can contact me and I can add it to this thread.
OP asked to add this statement:

#1. He didn't "stop responding" for 2 weeks because he had nothing to add. My text to him notified him of a discrepancy between the "Level 7" trans he sold me, the parts RPM discovered when they opened the trans, and the current Level 7 spec from RPM. I asked him to reconcile this discrepancy. This was the first interaction over this issue, but not the first interaction post-sale about other things. I pinged him twice over a 2+ week period and he did not reply. Once I told him I was being forced to leave negative feedback, he began replying and eventually sent the picture of the quote/invoice from Vengeance (NOT the email.. this is the FIRST time I saw that) and told me that [paraphrasing] that the deal was final and I'm SOL.

#2. His advertisement, nor did my interactions with him, reveal that the transmission was spec'd before the current Level 7 transmission offering was provided by RPM. In fact, I had no idea that it was a 5 year old build. He only told me it had 6k miles on it. A trans being 5 years old with only 6k miles on it usually isn't a problem anyway.

He was either ignorant or intentionally misleading. I share the responsibility since I should have clarified it. Other buyers should be careful and ask very specific questions.
If there is more followup, please PM me.

NOTE: I am re-opening this thread for the time being as it appears the conversation isnt over.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 06-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:27 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

I have direct quotes from the person I bought the unit from as well as the company that makes it proving I originally purchased a level 7 transmission

Over the years RPM changes what they include in a level 7, Both myself and buyer unaware changes took place

Whats more is the upgrade in question: cryogenic treatment is not recommended for the gears in the transmission I sold (made of stronger metal exclusive to the ZR1 T6060) so even if I offered to have the upgrade done it would weaken the unit he has

Last edited by SinisterC6; 06-10-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

There is a disconnect between the concerns I have expressed and the answers you've provided. I have not disputed that you thought you were buying a Level 7 trans, or even that you received a Level 7 transmission from 2012. It's not reasonable for a buyer to research variances in build packages over a variable number of years. Only you knew it was an older build until last week. Only you could have known that the spec you purchased doesn't match the current spec. Had I known the age (which I should have asked), perhaps that would have raised a red flag, but I wasn't buying RPM transmissions in 2012.

I pinged you for an explanation. If the explanation was that you didn't receive the cryo treatment you expected when it was built, then I believe you were on the hook for resolve that with me. However, you have provided another explanation, which I don't believe requires compensation. I *am* disappointed that the Level 7 transmission I received is not a current Level 7 transmission. However, I'm not seeking anything further other than to remind others to carefully confirm your expectations, even if it seems superfluous.

There is apparently some dispute as to whether the gears are a different material (that Vengeance email is the only mention of the particular alloy), and seemingly conflicting information on whether 9310 responds well to cryo tempering (quick google search said the US Army found it greatly extended the life of the 9310 part). That really is a discussion for another thread, because whether or not it is beneficial has nothing to do with whether it existed on the parts or not.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:18 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Tech
There is a disconnect between the concerns I have expressed and the answers you've provided. I have not disputed that you thought you were buying a Level 7 trans, or even that you received a Level 7 transmission from 2012. It's not reasonable for a buyer to research variances in build packages over a variable number of years. Only you knew it was an older build until last week. Only you could have known that the spec you purchased doesn't match the current spec. Had I known the age (which I should have asked), perhaps that would have raised a red flag, but I wasn't buying RPM transmissions in 2012.

I pinged you for an explanation. If the explanation was that you didn't receive the cryo treatment you expected when it was built, then I believe you were on the hook for resolve that with me. However, you have provided another explanation, which I don't believe requires compensation. I *am* disappointed that the Level 7 transmission I received is not a current Level 7 transmission. However, I'm not seeking anything further other than to remind others to carefully confirm your expectations, even if it seems superfluous.

There is apparently some dispute as to whether the gears are a different material (that Vengeance email is the only mention of the particular alloy), and seemingly conflicting information on whether 9310 responds well to cryo tempering (quick google search said the US Army found it greatly extended the life of the 9310 part). That really is a discussion for another thread, because whether or not it is beneficial has nothing to do with whether it existed on the parts or not.
Will do, good luck

Get notified of new replies

To SinisterC6 misrepresented part

Quick Reply: SinisterC6 misrepresented part