Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Kerbeck lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:38 PM
woodsguy
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I can't tell much on the white car, but your red is a shame it looks like that. I'm like you, doubt I'd let them touch it.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:40 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Possible they did no see this? They move quite a few of these. I understand the frustration, but I can totally see how everyone but the new owner could miss that. Unless you really have to redo the clear bra and have to pay again to do so, I think it's a bit premature to start bashing Kerbeck.

Add: The pic is a defect not damage, and "gas damage" can probably disappear with another application of wax.
I would agree with this, if you ask me for damage I am looking for impact or scuffing on bottom. If you are not looking for this paint defect specifically you would overlook it in my opinion. It does suck though but I would think it was not malicious unless you specifically ask for them to check for this known defect at the panel edges.

Last edited by fasthwks; 08-07-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:50 PM
RetiredClark
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same issue here, the dealer will fix it for free as a defect. I just didn't notice until the next day!<br/><br/>
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 PM
RobertAshby
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Certainly didn't see it ! And I told them what to look for. After being told that it had NO Seam damage after asking a FEW times, I sent a pic of what to look for. They then told me it was not there before and just now appeared. Car had 3 miles. The attitude once I got to the dealership was all abt getting us out of there quickly and not abt wanting to do anything to help or assure us further, the bums rush . . . Talk but no paperwork abt expediting......
Does Coulter do Vette warranty ?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:58 PM
RobertAshby
Advanced

Re: gas. Should have said "has damage", not gas damage.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Diesel88
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the same issue with my 17 Z06. Happened on the drive home and was definitely not there when I left. Not the end of the world knowing it will be covered under warranty. Only question is if you specifically sent them the seem pictures that you were extremely concerned about why you would double check that when you picked up your baby? I had that same concern after seeing this issue on the forum so one of the first things I looked at was the front seems. Since you didn't do a complete full inch by inch inspection then its hard to say when this happened. Not trying to defend Kerbeck since I did not even go through them just giving my opinions. Good luck with the repairs and make sure its fixed the correct way the first time.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

KERBECK Moves corvetts in Large numbers.I asked about putting film on my car before delivery.I was told they don't get involved with that.
Your issue is a warranty fix.
I'm sure you purchased their because of price.Most out of state buyers end up with the surprise after the transport.Sure it has happened.Yell,scream,kick ain't helping.That particular deal is what was agreed when the papers were sent back.Sucks but that is the roll of the dice before seeing,then purchasing.
You have a couple choices.Either bail and loss cash.Or stay at the dealer and PUSH TO BE FIXED THEIR.Expel must of been your separate deal.
I purchased their.Drove 6 hrs.oneway.Wanted to SEE the Orange Peel and interior.Such a HUGE MONEY purchase to not believe a Salesman.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 PM
13gt500
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
Came from factory that way OR the underlying issue did (rubbing panels and bad paint coverage). Doesn't make it right but myself and others have exact same issue. Lots of posts on that very issue. Sorry for your experience!! I didn't see until driving from Detroit to Austin. I can live with it. No way in hell I'm letting a dealer touch this issue nor do I think GM would give a **** unfortunately.

Here is mine, left headlight, fender meets bumper
i know some one with a new red grand sport ( 2017 ) it has the thing paint chipping left side
Old 08-08-2017, 02:02 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
Came from factory that way OR the underlying issue did (rubbing panels and bad paint coverage). Doesn't make it right but myself and others have exact same issue. Lots of posts on that very issue. Sorry for your experience!! I didn't see until driving from Detroit to Austin. I can live with it. No way in hell I'm letting a dealer touch this issue nor do I think GM would give a **** unfortunately.

Here is mine, left headlight, fender meets bumper
Dr Colorchip could probably fix that (once you knocked off the peeling part).
Old 08-08-2017, 02:41 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 311 Likes on 210 Posts

Yep. Have the paint just haven't taken the leap yet. : )
Old 08-09-2017, 08:25 PM
RobertAshby
Advanced

My car isn't white, it is Ceramic Matrix Grey.
just pissed with dishonest Dave Brown.
Speaking first thing the next morning with general manager Rich eased my mind a LOT.
He DIDN'T drop the ball ! and I now have paperwork and knowledge of how it was handled. Lousy talking Dave made it a mountain when an honest man would've had no problem.
Bottom line : YES TO KERBECK ! NO to the Dave browns style of " misleading" at the least causing problems for days.
Now has lead to delay and have to stay another night here on crappy Atlantic City.

Last edited by RobertAshby; 08-09-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:53 AM
RobertAshby
Advanced

It was raining, Dave Brown runs out in the rain, had my wife sit in a car on the lot while he only showed me info system, all done, goodbye.
Did not see showroom or hospitality, the very worst dealership with Dave who can't look you in the eye, very sad little man with BIG ego. Tried to hustle us out of there.
Went back when they opened the next morning and met Rich Pepes(sp) General manager who is a decent honest man. He had kept his word to me only to be shystered by Dave Brown.
After 4 days waiting on Xpel Ultimate install I had to have Police to get my car back, not 1/2 finished, zero guarantee ! Lost $4000 plus room, food, hotel while waiting on him. Now it has to come off and be redone. Supposed to be done by wed night, Thursday morning. Police got my car back at 7 pm Friday night ! I then drove 440 miles to Roanoke VA to keep 500 mile service appt. Nothing but happiness here at Berglund Chevrolet !
Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 PM
KuzVette
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting... I've seen this on other new vettes that my friends purchased from other dealers too... We all assume that this is a "Defect" from the factory.

I just picked up a week ago a new 2017 Grand Sport in Black Rose from Criswell in MD and it was fine..

It also seems that the standard colors may be the problem (e.g. White, red, etc.)

No excuses for Kerbeck and they should help you document and get a resolution from you local chevy dealer when you get home, but just saying I've seen this on at least (3) other 2017-2018's...

Good luck, keep us posted!