Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

DD MODS - Unprofessional at Best

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Megatronss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DD MODS - Unprofessional at Best

Put in a $1500 order with Dennis at DD Mods for a component system with custom sub enclosure, and a ZR-1 style spoiler.

I had to call ~3 times to get him to ship everything out. He kept saying he would ship it, and didn't. No huge deal other than him not quoting accurately and doing what he said he would do.

Component system all worked and I was happy with it after the delay.

The spoiler that was sent was horrible. It was not described accurately at all. #1 he never mentioned it needed a stock c6 third brake light housing to fit (when I mentioned that he said, "Well how am I supposed to know what kind of car you have?" - I'm thinking maybe the fact that you built a custom system for it would tell you that)

#2 Fitment was NOT EVEN CLOSE. Plus it wasn't the style of spoiler on his website, even after so bought the "right" brake light housing. The third brake light would have been recessed into the spoiler and not flush as the picture shows. It seems like it's from RPI's website.

These issues aren't that big of a deal, I figure I'll just return it. That apparently was a big problem for Dennis. He wanted to engage in an argument about how he's installed "thousands" and they all fit perfectly. The fitment was horrible with a at least a half inch gap at the rear. He didn't want to take it back until a long argument ensued. He finally said he would take it back, again after a really unprofessional dialogue on his end. It fit poorly - allow the return, should have been as simple as that.

A month later after he received the spoiler, no refund. I called 7-8 times and left several voicemails, once reaching his wife who told me it would get taken car of immediately. A week later nothing.

I finally get a hold of Dennis and he had some family issues. I get it - but the part that was just crazy was that when I told him that I understood and had sympathy for that, but just wanted my refund and his wife told me a week before that she would do it asap but didn't....the guy blew up.

Direct quotes, "Thanks for calling my wife a liar and I'm very sorry my personal issue was so much of an inconvenience to you".

Up to that point I felt like I was acting really reasonable about the situation. I told him I have sympathy for that but just wanted my refund and to me done. Him bringing those things up was crazy and incredibly unprofessional.

After our last exchange (me threatening to review him on the forum), he promised he would process it that day and that it would take 5-7 business days. 10 business days later, nothing and no pending credits from my bank.

Hopefully this helps those in the decision to use him. Incredibly unprofessional and tempermental.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:42 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

This just don't sound like Dennis he has always done me more than good on parts in the past. Plus has called me just to see how it did & to send him a pic's are what ever.

Very nice guy... Robert
Old 08-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Megatronss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
This just don't sound like Dennis he has always done me more than good on parts in the past. Plus has called me just to see how it did & to send him a pic's are what ever.

Very nice guy... Robert
Well, it was.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:38 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

The vendor does not appear to be making a response to this thread, and the only people posting are not involved in the transaction. The OP does not need to continue responding to outside posters.

If the OP or the vendor has something significant to add, they can contact a section moderator and we will add it to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To DD MODS - Unprofessional at Best