Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

C-mods words can't even describe my discontent!!

Old 09-12-2017, 03:39 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default C-mods words can't even describe my discontent!!

I alerted them that I was going to post something... So, it wouldn't surprise me if they chime in here... but I'm sure the thousand other dissatisfied customers will get my story here...

On August 15th, 2017 - Yes almost 2 months ago now!!

I ordered a set of C6 base gloss black GS Fender Stripes and paid $50.00 to have them overnight as I needed them for an event happening in just 3 days...

The first set came delivered in a tiny box that when opened were crushed to hell.

I decided to install them anyways as sometimes vinyl can be corrected when heated up....

As I went to install them, I noticed that the straight lines of the stripes that sit on the top of the fender were miss-cut and had a zig zag pattern to them.

Come to find out that the curves that sit along the fenders were also completely off and I had to trim them with an exacto knife in seeing if I could make this set even work... Nope they were complete trash and unusable...

I called c-mods and they said that they were using a new cutting machine that they were still having problems with and said that they would send a new set out to me...

I asked if they were going to overnight me another set as I paid $50.00 to have a proper set sent in the first place... NOPE they would only send priority 3 day....

Well 2 and a half weeks later the second set arrived after inquiring about my replacement set 3 times... They also never responded to my request and the new set just showed up on my door one day...

Wouldn't you know THE SECOND SET CAME MISS-CUT AS WELL!!

Keep in mind that I had a professional well-known body shop install them both times with detailed tape marks showing how they were not properly printed and cut...

I then called back their Customer Service Line and informed them of the mistake AGAIN!!

I sent detailed pictures again of the bad stripes and they proceeded to tell me that I installed them wrong and that's why the recommend that a professional body shop install these... I HAD A PROFESSIONAL BODY SHOP INSTALL THESE BOTH TIMES...so I said what’s your rebuttal to that?? and all I got was a "well...." Pictures were sent to them both times showing the flaws on the stripes...

At this point I was steaming and demanded a refund as the most important part of all of this was that I had paid $50.00 for a set to be overnighted in the first place...

This request was made on the 9.1.17. I called to check on the status of the refund 3 times over the next week and half and was told that it was sent to accounting for a full refund to be processed.

9.11.17 I once again called back asking why it has taken almost 2 weeks now to process a refund and I was told that I installed them incorrectly and that there was going to be no refund....

I even told them if they could just send me a Shifter Closeout Boot that I needed for my car and to just refund me the rest... $41.99

I was offered a $25.00 gift-card after the first set was delivered bad but had decided not to use it ...

I wanted my refund... Again, I had paid $50.00 to have the set sent overnight in the first place that was just money thrown away!

I warned them that I was going to files a dispute with PayPal and share my store on the forum and I was told "Go Ahead"

After all of this.... I must be crazy but I really needed that shifter closeout boot. So, I went ahead and place an order for one... I REALLY NEEDED THIS PART FOR A PROJECT CAR!!

I was then sent an email saying that this order was on hold until my pending dispute was solved...

I asked them to refund the order then and I have heard nothing back.
They are holding my money hostage!!

I have no idea how this company is still in business.... They obviously have no consideration for Forum Members as I’m sure we are a huge percentage of their revenue...

How many more horror stories will it take before they get the point that we are the consumers that keep them in business??

It's only $89.98.... The stripes probably cost them .50 cents

I'm at a loss of words here...

The second picture is the 2nd set that they sent me and had stated that I installed them incorrectly, look at the bottom curve line!!

Last edited by 2L8LUZ; 09-12-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,799 Posts

They did the exact same thing to me several years ago. Stripes were cut wrong. They refused to refund, so they lost my business and now I badmouth them every chance I get.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

With a bad transaction yet to be solved you ordered another item?
From same outfit?

Contact CC for a stop payment on stripes, cancel pending order & be done with it. Time to try another source.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 PM
vettpapaw
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for the heads up...
Old 09-12-2017, 04:08 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

Pay Pal dispute already filed... Yes I made a poor choice ordering the boot.. I just needed the part badly...

I figured they would just deny the transaction if they weren't going to send the part... NOT HOLD MY FUNDS HOSTAGE

I could have left that part of out this story but I wanted to be honest and share everything... I know it was foolish

It's the $50.00 overnight that pisses me off.... I paid a premium for a product to be delivered for when I actually needed them...

The fact that it's 2 months later is just mind boggling....

Last edited by 2L8LUZ; 09-12-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ
Pay Pal dispute already filed... Yes I made a poor choice ordering the boot.. I just needed the part badly...
Good, get your dough back & forget about this.
Really, this kind of stuff usually goes smoothly.
I mean HTH can a stripe be screwed-up, this outfit notwithstanding.

I figured they would just deny the transaction if they weren't going to send the part... NOT HOLD MY FUNDS HOSTAGE
They have/did, past time to sever all contact.
Seems at least one other member had a bad experience, above.
You're not alone apparently, fortunately all that's at issue here is $90.
Kind of bush league these crooks blews a MO over <$100, penny ante all the way. Good riddance to bad trash.

It's the $50.00 overnight that pisses me off.... I paid a premium for a product to be delivered for when I actually needed them...
I get-it, you'd a sense of urgency & paid a premium.
Had this happened to me I'd be over the moon pissed, too.
Trouble w/ me is if I allowed this to chaff my *** long enough I'd invite a heart attack. Ain't worth it.

The fact that it's 2 months later is just mind boggling....
Get your dough back, all/most of it.
Shop for reputable outfits, there're plenty around.
Only cure for this kind of ache is laughing.
Have a drink.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:40 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

You do know that Corvette Mods has not been a forum vendor for years and the Transaction Feedback section if full of complaints right?

Why in the world anyone would do business with them when all of their offerings are readily available at many other vendors completely escapes me.

I've cut custom vinyl for years and can imemdiately identify that you have two different issues. The "jags" on the straight line cuts are the result of the cutter not being configured correctly for the software they are using to cut the vinyl or a bitmap image that has been rasterized poorly. The 2nd issue with the pattern not matching the lines of the car is the result of the original template file being developed without a C6 to prototype against. I see similar issues all the time with shops building templates from pictures that cannot allow for the complex curve of the bodywork.

Last edited by RC4G; 09-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,207 Posts

About two months ago I was on their site and put a couple of items in my cart. I then remembered the bad reviews I had seen here and left the site. They emailed me every day reminding me I had an open cart. Problem was I could not remove them. I told them I did not want the items. I also told them all the negative reviews in the Corvette Forum was the deciding factor. They still kept emailing me. This went on for 2 weeks! They finally...I think, got the message.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:53 PM
BigB72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar issue on a bra I purchased for my C6 and it didn't fit one bit. So I called and they advs me to ship it back and i said well I am local and I will just bring it back and they said ok.They didnt say that they couldn't refund me at that time or nothing . So I get to the shop and its in FT Worth , Tx and its in a Hanger on a little air port . looked kind of shady to me . So I went in and talked to the receptionist and she went and got someone to help me . This young kid came out and he must have been about 20 and I advs that I talked to someone about returning the bra and he said that I talked to him. So he went in to another room and I ca hear him talking to someone and then came back out and said that they would just replace it with another . I told them no and that I wanted my money back since it didn't fit . So the young kid went back and talked to the same person he was talking to earlier and then came back out and said ok they would do a refund. So I was waiting and to get my money back and the receptionist said that they only do refunds on Thursday and it was Monday. I said but I am here and I want my money. I guess my voice got kind of loud and this guy comes out of the office where the young guy kept going into and said is there a problem. I said yes i am here to return an item that didn't fit and get my money back. I said you already approved it so why don't you just give me my money. Then he just gave me a line of BS and at this point I am pissed. He claimed that he could run the transaction because their cc machine was down .He said he would make sure that it was refunded by thursday since they had the CC machine people coming on Wed to fix it. Needless to say I got my refund on Tuesday. So they will lie about everything and will not buy anything again.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:19 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

I also filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Trade Commission...

Their disregard for its consumers and legal fraud they are getting away with needs to be reported to someone...

Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Won't go into it, but i had problems with those aholes. They had a collection agency on my ***, and when I sent the collection agency the proper paper work to prove CMODS wrong, I told them if they continue to harass me I would sue them. They never bothered me again. Cmods will never get another dime off me.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Yes, They suck.
Dont buy from them.
"Mod points" are BS as well.
Google them, they suck.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:32 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

They are about the worst former forum vendor out there, I will never buy another product from them either. Bad experience years ago.
I always do a search on someone I am not familiar with when buying.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:39 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ
I alerted them that I was going to post something... So, it wouldn't surprise me if they chime in here...

I warned them that I was going to... share my store on the forum and I was told "Go Ahead!"

I have no idea how this company is still in business.... They obviously have no consideration for Forum Members as I’m sure we are a huge percentage of their revenue...
Originally Posted by RC4G
You do know that Corvette Mods has not been a forum vendor for years and the Transaction Feedback section if full of complaints right?

CM was removed as a Forum Vendor years ago and this section is packed with complaints in the archives.

They are not concerned about your post nor will they be chiming in here.

I'd be shocked if forum members still comprise a significant portion of their revenue.

Get notified of new replies

To C-mods words can't even describe my discontent!!

Search this Thread