Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Clutch & Coilover Repair

Old 10-12-2017, 12:28 AM
mwestc5
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Clutch & Coilover Repair

Was not sure where to place this but it's a long over due thank you to Chris @ East Coast Supercharging and the guys @ LG Motorsports.

My clutch went at the track @ NJMP. Surprisingly I was able to drive it home the 90 miles on the interstate with no problem. But under track stress/load I was unable to down shift at all.

The next week I had 3 days coming up @ Watkins Glen and was hoping to get the car fixed and back in time to leave on Sun for The Glen.

On the drive home the clutch was fine but the suspension was hinky and riding low on driver side front. When I got home I took a look at the left front, the fender was clearing the tire by barely a 1/2". I knew exactly what the problem was. The shock had snapped into 2 pieces. The top of the shock snapped completely off. Car was being supported only by the spring.

Limped the car over to ECS that evening. Spoke with Chris early the next morning re: clutch & my time frame and the shocks. I needed ECS to remove both front shocks and overnight them to LG in Texas. I called LG told them what the problem was and to expect the shocks. These shocks were a few years old and have seen hundreds of track days and LG has moved on to a newer version of the shock.

Never the less they said they would do what ever they could to rebuild the broken shock and tune and match the 2 shocks and I needed them to do all this in 2 days max and to overnight back to ECS in NJ so they could be installed along with the clutch in time for me to make it to the Glen.

In addition LG gave me a very sweet deal on the repaired & tuned shocks and got them back to ECS in time . ECS did their part and got the new clutch in with a few other upgrades and installed the rebuilt shocks and all this was done in 5 working days and in time for my Watkins Glen event.

Unfortunately a family emergency put an end to my 3 days at the Glen, but ECS and LG went over and above to do their part.

I just wanted to say thank you to them and let others know they are 2 companies you can count on.

Since then I've had 5 track days on my new clutch and shocks and am very happy with the end result. And heading back to the Glen tomorrow for 3 more days. Then 2 more at Dominion and wrapping up my season in early Nov @ NJMP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:02 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,079 Likes on 653 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Morris! Glad we could help get you back on track in time.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 AM
mwestc5
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Doug
I was remiss in waiting this long to let people know about good things. Eveyone is often too quick to spread negative comments & too slow or never to spread good comments.
Once again, all I can say thank you. And Chris even stayed calm when when my payment was refused by Visa due my account being compromised & he had to wait for a few days for me to receive my replacement card.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,188 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moving to Transactions Feedback section.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:20 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I agree on the neg remarks & less on the pos one's. Yes both ECS & LG are two really great vendors in here.. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch & Coilover Repair

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch & Coilover Repair