Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Member sbishop818- Misrepresentation and Damage

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 09:43 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Default Member sbishop818- Misrepresentation and Damage

Shane Bishop advertised a set of Stance wheels as 20 x 10 front and 20 x 12 rear for C7 ZO6. Even though the wheels were on his C7 Stingray he insisted, after repeated requests for verification, that these Stance SF-03 wheels were C7Z/ C7 Grandsport fitment. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es-1300-a.html

I paid Mr. Bishop and agreed to pay shipping to us at Edgyvette. When the wheels came I was not home. The FEDEX delivery person left them on my front porch. The wheels had absolutely no packaging. Mr. Bishop had taped the prepaid labels I had emailed for shipping onto a single spoke of each wheel and shipped without box, pad, tape or ANY packaging. It goes without saying that all the wheels were damaged to the point they would need to be completely resurfaced before they could be used.

I also noticed that the wheels looked very narrow so I got a set of OEM ZO6 wheels we had in the garage and matched them up to the wheels Mr. Bishop had sent. I also measured the wheels. The fronts were 20 x 9 and the rears were 20 x11. Both fronts and rears were one inch narrower than repeatedly verified by Mr. Bishop and made contact with the caliper on our C7 ZO6 shop car.

I contacted Mr. Bishop and asked that he allow a refund of my payment for the wheels as they were clearly misrepresented. I also asked that he pay return shipping and refund my shipping charges of approximately $132; $44 of which was due to extra handling caused by his failure to box or package the wheels.

Mr. Bishop flatly denied and became agressive at my suggestion. He said the wheels were as described and that he had dropped the wheels at a packaging store so it was their fault the wheels were sent without packaging. He said he would file a paypal claim. I filed a paypal claim for refund and after a week or two was refunded the money for purchase of the wheels.

Edgyvette filed a claim for damages to the wheels and FEDEX paid all but approximately $72 of the shipping charges to and from us. We deducted that amount paid by FEDEX from the amount requested from Mr. Bishop. He has repeatedly refused to pay the remaining shipping charges we lost in this horrific transaction. He has threatened legal action and claims paypal told him he does not have to pay shipping charges.

I have kept this off the forum and tried to be patient and calm. Enough is enough. We have a certain code of conduct and consideration for others on this forum. I have been here for over 15 years and asupporting vendor as owner of BER and consultant for Edgyvette for 8 years.

Mr. Bishop has not represented any of the values we hold dear on this forum. I highly recommend you do not do business with him. Shane Bishops member page can be found here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...bishop818.html

Cajun
Attached Images  
Attached Images

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-19-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:47 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-20-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:54 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

I have alerted Mr. Bishop to this thread so that he may respond

See attached request for the small remaining portion of shipping charges paid by Edgyvette on these misrepresented and irresponsibly shipped wheels
Attached Images  

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-19-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:56 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Cujan, Man hate to see crap like this from someone hope he does what is right & come thur like he should do. Robert
Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robert miller
Cujan, Man hate to see crap like this from someone hope he does what is right & come thur like he should do. Robert
Thanks brother. Right is right. Believe me I have had my feelings and wallet hurt before but I have done what was right. I hope I get back what I give, nothing more; nothing less.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:26 PM
sbishop818
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You forgot to add your threatening emails, your demands, and how you are threatening legal action against me. The constant harassment in any post I am in. You also forgot about how to deal with someone and show some respect. You wanted the wheels without the tires, I did not charge you extra to have them dismounted. Cost me $48 to have that done. You told me the wheels were for your wife and you would be having them redone anyway. I even accepted your lowball offer because your doing something nice for your wife. The packaging was somehow messed up by the store, and never packed. I have no control over that. The wheels you didn't like, and weren't the size I was told they were. I purchased the car with these on it, and wrote down the info of the wheels as I was told it. They have z06/grandsport offset. They poked out to far on my Stingray. Your first email to me was making demands and threats. So, I called PayPal and started the dispute instead of dealing with you, because you make threats to people instead of trying to figure it out. PayPal agreed you get a full refund, and you did. PayPal agreement also states that the buyer pays for return shipping to the seller. You have sent 8 or more invoices, constant emails and harassment trying to get me to pay the shipping costs that PayPal has instructed me not to pay. I have sent you multiple emails explaining that. PayPal has sent you emails explaining that. If I want to mount the wheels and tires back together it's $35 a wheel, it would be cost me over $140 to be able to put them back on the car. A cost I have not brought up until now. A cost I would not expect you to pay.

You say we have a code of conduct here, yet all you do is harass another member and try to get money from them. How do I not hold the values of this forum? There was an issue, you received a full refund, and most shipping costs from fed ex paid back to you.

The picture shows the PayPal agreement saying how the cost of return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. Should we put up all the emails and your threats you made to me? Should I show many times you have sent me invalid invoices? I have remained silent up until now because this is a simple matter that you have blown up and was settled already.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Just a reminder to everyone involved, now that there is a Transaction Feedback thread posted, according to site rules there is to be no harassing of members in other areas of the site about it, including but not restricted to interfering in members’ sales threads.

Thanks for everyone’s cooperation.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:18 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Shane you are correct I was not willing to negotiate with you regarding this. The items were grossly misrepresented and you were irresponsible in shipping. It is not like this was ONE simple mistake with an item that cost $20. I had over $1000 in these wheels and you flatly refused to provide a refund and allow me to ship them back. We had to let paypal make the decision which of course they found in my favor.

You damned right you have been sent demand letters for payment of the shipping costs for items that were not advertised or shipped properly and if the $72 is not paid Edgyvette will submit the debt to collections. If we owed you money would you take excuses and justification for why we made the mistake or would you want us to do what is right.

This post is not about leverage; it is about informing others of the way you conduct business. Feel free to post the conversations between you and I so everyone can see the "harrassment" you speak of. You make alot of claims that you have been mistreated and harrassed but of course there is no accompanying evidence of that harrassment........because there is none.

This has been going on for over a month. EV has been more than fair. Just so we can establish how I have writtten to you see below my demand for refund and your response

I am not arguing about it. I read the sticker on the wheels when I got the car, and measured them before the sale. I am now done with your threats. I have already contacted PayPal.

On Oct 20, 2017 2:39 PM, "Cajun Comeau" <sales@edgyvette.com> wrote:
Dude I am not going to argue about it. You advertised these as 20 x 12 and 20 x 10 wheels. They are 20 x 11 and 20 x 9. They wont work for me. You have until tonight to let me know your intention so I can go forward with paypal if need be. Thanks

Cajun

On 2017-10-20 12:21, ThrowOutTheBills wrote:

This is saying the exact info of the wheels. They fit z06/grandsport and do not fit the Stingray.

On Oct 20, 2017 2:13 PM, "Cajun Comeau" <sales@edgyvette.com> wrote:
Maybe the fronts are 20 inch diameter. I did not measure diameter I just know these wheels are TOO narrow for C7 ZO6 tires 335 rear and 285 front. I will say once again I need a refund on these and let me know how you want them shipped back or I will take detailed pictures, damage from shipping without any padding or boxes included, and ship to another buyer if you have one

On 2017-10-20 11:37, ThrowOutTheBills wrote:

They are not Stingray wheels. Stance does not make these wheels in Stingray offsets with a machined face. Also, the fronts are 20 inches, not 19 inches like you said. Stance does not make 9.5 wide rim for the machine faced sf03. The package bought from elementwheels was 20x10 and 20x12. They were put on right before I bought the car. You can check yourself, these wheels stick out way to far to fit a Stingray, I have photos of how much they stick out because I was trying to get the dealership to put on proper offset wheels. They are 100% made for the z06 and grand sport wider body.

As For the shipping part, I went to a place called pack it, they are to properly pack and ship the wheels to avoid any damage or loss of anything. I don't understand how they messed up the exact thing they do. I can contact them about that and we can put a claim in for sure. They assured me that they have shipped many wheels and can wrap and box them Correctly.

On Oct 20, 2017 12:31 PM, "Cajun Comeau" <sales@edgyvette.com> wrote:
Shane,

I received the wheels today and am extremely dissapointed on several accounts. First and foremost these are NOT ZO6/Grandsport wheels as you repeatedly said they were in your open ad on Corvetteforum.com and in private messages with me. They are clearly C7 Stingray 20 x 11 rear and 19 x 9.5 front wheels. See attached images.

Secondly you did not package the wheels but shipped them without any wrapping or protection at all resulting in damage to the wheels faces and loss of one center cap. I normally request, but in this case I am not going to. I demand a full refund of the payment made to you for the wheels and for shipping cost that I paid to ship these wheels.

I need an answer by the end of day or I will file a paypal claim with the attached evidence. Thanks for your consderation and prompt response.

Cajun

--

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-20-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:56 AM
sbishop818
Advanced

You are the reason businesses get bad names. You're attacking a fellow member on this forum all while claiming innocence. You were given a full refund. All rules per the PayPal agreement were followed. You demanded and threatened me in the first message to me, and You even said you weren't looking to negotiate. So I followed all the rules per the PayPal agreement. I wish the wheels were the size I was told. I was not trying to mislead anyone, none of this was done out of spite. There were many ways this could have been worked out. You wanted your money back, and PayPal held the funds and released them when the item was back to me.

You are trying to send me an invoice that is against the PayPal agreement, and threaten to bring it into collections. What's worse is, you don't even understand that you can't do that. The issue is over. Done. Drop it and move on. Everything was settled exactly how it was supposed to be. If you still don't understand, shall I start sending you an invoice for the tires being put back on the wheels? That invoice is more expensive than yours.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:08 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sbishop818
You are the reason businesses get bad names. You're attacking a fellow member on this forum all while claiming innocence. You were given a full refund. All rules per the PayPal agreement were followed. You demanded and threatened me in the first message to me, and You even said you weren't looking to negotiate. So I followed all the rules per the PayPal agreement. I wish the wheels were the size I was told. I was not trying to mislead anyone, none of this was done out of spite. There were many ways this could have been worked out. You wanted your money back, and PayPal held the funds and released them when the item was back to me.

You are trying to send me an invoice that is against the PayPal agreement, and threaten to bring it into collections. What's worse is, you don't even understand that you can't do that. The issue is over. Done. Drop it and move on. Everything was settled exactly how it was supposed to be. If you still don't understand, shall I start sending you an invoice for the tires being put back on the wheels? That invoice is more expensive than yours.
The collection of shipping charges paid has nothing to do with paypal policy. Paypal is simply the method we use to invoice for charges. You have also been sent two notice of debt letters and upon receipt of the third this matter will be turned over to our collection company. I was completely professional in all aspects, but EV has the same rights as you would if I would have sent you a wrong product with improper shipping packaging. This is not going away; right is right and principle is everything in these situation. Show some honor and pay what you owe like a man then move on and learn from the situation. That is how things are done around here.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:12 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
how the heck could you send wheels ,with a box or at least cardboard covering them,im surprised UPS/FEDEX even took them
Pretty simple, just say you dropped them off to a packaging store and it is their fault you sent wheels with no packaging whatsoever. Believe me we jumped all over FEDEX *** too, hence the reason they refunded the shipping charges and some of the insurance on the wheels when they were shipped to us. The fact remains I had to spend over $120 to ship them back, properly boxed and padded, to Shane.

There is always a justification or excuse, but the end fact remains several LARGE mistakes were made by the seller in this transaction and rather than simply do what is right he chooses to continue to debate and escape responsiblity.

"I was told, I thought, it should have been, it was not my fault" does not work for me. Imagine if EV or even me as an individual over the years had pulled this crap. I would not be here today or at the very least no one would trust my word as a man or a business.

See attached how the wheels were returned to Shane. THAT is how you properly pack, pad and ship wheels.

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-20-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:19 AM
sbishop818
Advanced

Show some honor and pay up like a man? I am so done with you and your shitty business. I followed all the rules of the PayPal agreement. Which has clearly stated I am not responsible for shipping charges.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Show some honor and pay up like a man? I am so done with you and your shitty business. I followed all the rules of the PayPal agreement. Which has clearly stated I am not responsible for shipping charges.
Your call. I am good at the hard way brother. Hope the $72 and your reputation is worth it. I guess that is a threat too right.

Attached are some pictures of the damage to the wheels due to your negligence. Again failure to handle your responsibility.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun@Edgyvette
Your call. I am good at the hard way brother. Hope the $72 and your reputation is worth it. I guess that is a threat too right.
It’s clear that this debate is not going to move further from this point. There’s no purpose in continuing to repeat statements or escalate hostility. Per TF rules, both sides have had their say and the thread will be closed. It will remain in the archives available to be read by anybody and not deleted.

If there is a further resolution to the $72 in question and the participants want to inform me, that can be added to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Member sbishop818- Misrepresentation and Damage

Quick Reply: Member sbishop818- Misrepresentation and Damage