Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Dennis / DoubleD Mods

Old 12-09-2017, 06:42 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Very sad, because people here were very loyal to him, and would refer others to him all the time in posts.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Cryptoboy
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

I guess I dodged a bullet - been researching options for the 2002 Z06 I just purchased.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 AM
druz06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Cryptoboy there's enough info on here to make a good researched decision on your audio setup. Metra now sells a double din kit so it fills the gap with DD Mods closing up shop.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:33 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by csvette8
I didn’t understand his online business model. He basically bundled everything like crutchfield, but more expensive.
Huh... I had the exact opposite experience with him. Bundled a brand new bezel to be modified (no core send in), a Kenwood 9903, JL fronts, rears and sub and amp plus wiring. Two grand. Priced the same items (less the bezel) on Crutchfield. Over $2,400. And then I would need to buy a bezel... This was 12 months ago.

Looks like he got in over his head. Happens a lot to small businesses. Managing cash flow, expectations, production, etc. It's a shame. He did a lot of good for a long time.

I do feel bad for those at the end of the customer line. Very disappointing.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Cryptoboy
Pro

Originally Posted by druz06
Cryptoboy there's enough info on here to make a good researched decision on your audio setup. Metra now sells a double din kit so it fills the gap with DD Mods closing up shop.
Oh it's on!
Old 12-13-2017, 06:19 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by unlvrebel
Huh... I had the exact opposite experience with him. Bundled a brand new bezel to be modified (no core send in), a Kenwood 9903, JL fronts, rears and sub and amp plus wiring. Two grand. Priced the same items (less the bezel) on Crutchfield. Over $2,400. And then I would need to buy a bezel... This was 12 months ago.

Looks like he got in over his head. Happens a lot to small businesses. Managing cash flow, expectations, production, etc. It's a shame. He did a lot of good for a long time.

I do feel bad for those at the end of the customer line. Very disappointing.
he didn't get in over his head. he chose to use and manipulate people for his own gain. he knew very well what he was doing and valued the dollar over his fellow person
Old 12-14-2017, 12:32 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Originally Posted by racebum
he didn't get in over his head. he chose to use and manipulate people for his own gain. he knew very well what he was doing and valued the dollar over his fellow person
Strong words and pure conjecture. Pretty sure you weren't in his head listening to him. Nor do I think you are his priest listening in the confessional. Did people end up losing money? Absolutely. Do you know what his intent was based on ALL of the facts and circumstances? Unequivocally, no.

Unless he poured out his heart and soul to you over beers... Pretty sure that didn't happen either.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

It sounds like in the past he may have ran a decent business and there were a lot of satisfied customers but there is no denying what he did towards the end in the last 6 mos to a year. I wasn't here years ago so can't comment on what happened then, but taking people's money and either not delivering the merchandise promised or issuing a refund would be grand theft or fraud, IMO. Refunds should be issued for all merchandise undelivered.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:21 PM
racebum
Race Director

Strong words and pure conjecture. Pretty sure you weren't in his head listening to him. Nor do I think you are his priest listening in the confessional. Did people end up losing money? Absolutely. Do you know what his intent was based on ALL of the facts and circumstances? Unequivocally, no.

Unless he poured out his heart and soul to you over beers... Pretty sure that didn't happen either.
if i steal from someone it's MY choice. i'm not in over my head, whatever that even means

i don't make excuses for crimes. you are in this post

his actions are his actions. people know what they are doing

there is one glaring question here

why did he not return their money?
Old 12-14-2017, 05:04 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
It sounds like in the past he may have ran a decent business and there were a lot of satisfied customers but there is no denying what he did towards the end in the last 6 mos to a year. I wasn't here years ago so can't comment on what happened then, but taking people's money and either not delivering the merchandise promised or issuing a refund would be grand theft or fraud, IMO. Refunds should be issued for all merchandise undelivered.
It sucks. No doubt. Not right, either. Unfortunately it happens in small business a lot - inability to manage.

Theft if you can prove intent to defraud. Otherwise, just plain bad management. If there isn't any money, there can't be any refunds.

if i steal from someone it's MY choice. i'm not in over my head, whatever that even means

i don't make excuses for crimes. you are in this post

his actions are his actions. people know what they are doing

there is one glaring question here

why did he not return their money?
You'll have to point out an excuse. Again, conjecture on your part. It's easy to throw around baseless accusations. It's what the country s firmly grounded in right now. Congrats for being part of the problem. I am merely trying to ascertain facts.

"Over his head" would refer to his inability to manage a business and the demands that go with managing inventory, production, accounts payable, accounts receivable. Companies go out of business all the time due to poor management. Is poor management a crime? If you can prove fraud, sure. But absent that proof all you have is conjecture.

One answer to the glaring question... he didn't have the money to return. Remember that part about not being able to run a business? Cash management is king. When cash is rolling in, it's easy to manage. When it drys up a little, look out.

Do I know for sure that he didn't just take orders to get the cash? No, I don't. But I don't know that he did that knowingly either.

I don't condone what he did, but I also don't condone throwing around epithets and unproven statements because it makes you feel good.

The guy has an established business (or had). Those who lost money should get together to pursue. Also shame on us for not holding a vendor to a better standard...
Old 12-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Cryptoboy
Pro

On a side note - is there someone else that makes the double din bezels like what he was doing? The only one I've found is the Metra one. I'd love to see one that is carbon fiber or matched in color (people have commented that doens't match the interior exactly.).
Old 12-14-2017, 09:08 PM
racebum
Race Director

It sucks. No doubt. Not right, either. Unfortunately it happens in small business a lot - inability to manage.

Theft if you can prove intent to defraud. Otherwise, just plain bad management. If there isn't any money, there can't be any refunds.

You'll have to point out an excuse. Again, conjecture on your part. It's easy to throw around baseless accusations. It's what the country s firmly grounded in right now. Congrats for being part of the problem. I am merely trying to ascertain facts.

"Over his head" would refer to his inability to manage a business and the demands that go with managing inventory, production, accounts payable, accounts receivable. Companies go out of business all the time due to poor management. Is poor management a crime? If you can prove fraud, sure. But absent that proof all you have is conjecture.

One answer to the glaring question... he didn't have the money to return. Remember that part about not being able to run a business? Cash management is king. When cash is rolling in, it's easy to manage. When it drys up a little, look out.

Do I know for sure that he didn't just take orders to get the cash? No, I don't. But I don't know that he did that knowingly either.

I don't condone what he did, but I also don't condone throwing around epithets and unproven statements because it makes you feel good.

The guy has an established business (or had). Those who lost money should get together to pursue. Also shame on us for not holding a vendor to a better standard...
you're sticking up for someone who committed crimes.......

think about that for a minute

he's not homeless, he's over doing the same thing with the jeep guys.

google double d mods, read the reviews, read what has happened to people.

maybe the guy isn't doing well but that's no excuse for committing fraud.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ates-r-1374947

https://www.yelp.com/biz/double-d-mods-hazel-green

website comes up blank, facebook is closed to comments. seen this more than once. maybe he treated you well at some point but even if you liked the guy you have to hold people accountable for their actions.

multiple people all have the same story. multiple people who don't know each other and have no reason to lie. that's enough to get a conviction in court let alone a forum. i have empathy for the victims here. not him, if he had any decency he would work and pay back those he owes

Last edited by racebum; 12-14-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:15 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cryptoboy
On a side note - is there someone else that makes the double din bezels like what he was doing? The only one I've found is the Metra one. I'd love to see one that is carbon fiber or matched in color (people have commented that doens't match the interior exactly.).
that's the only one i have seen. there's just no money in small custom parts someone will sell 1-2 of per year like a full carbon bezel
Old 12-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Cryptoboy
Pro

that's the only one i have seen. there's just no money in small custom parts someone will sell 1-2 of per year like a full carbon bezel
That's a bummer. I wonder though - might need to purchase one and see. I had an 350Z Roadster a few years back and the door/hand rests scratched easily. I was able refinish them (from black to a pewter/brushed silver color). Might be able to do something like that.

I'll keep people posted (especially if it costs me $2-300 down the tubes!)
Old 12-19-2017, 12:14 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

If he is still conducting business providing parts for Jeeps, etc.., and has not and/or won't issue refunds for parts ordered by Vette owners, that sounds pretty damn intentional to me. I get the whole cash flow thing with a small business but unless he has declared bankruptcy, then it's on. If you can't get a chargeback on your credit card, next step would be to take him to small claims court. The stuff he was selling was not cheap so my guess is he owes Vette owners thousands of dollars worth of refunds. I wonder if everyone that got stiffed on here can all get together and file one claim against him? Something should happen to get things off dead center. It could quite possibly cause him to file for bankruptcy depending on how he set the company up and whether or not he made his business a corporation, etc...
Old 12-19-2017, 12:16 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cryptoboy
You might check with Vettenuts. I think Marc is working on getting some. I bought mine from there about a year ago and it was very nicely done.

Another custom shop is Apsis. They have pictures of bezels on their website so that could be a possibility.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:08 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

If he is still conducting business providing parts for Jeeps, etc.., and has not and/or won't issue refunds for parts ordered by Vette owners, that sounds pretty damn intentional to me. I get the whole cash flow thing with a small business but unless he has declared bankruptcy, then it's on. If you can't get a chargeback on your credit card, next step would be to take him to small claims court. The stuff he was selling was not cheap so my guess is he owes Vette owners thousands of dollars worth of refunds. I wonder if everyone that got stiffed on here can all get together and file one claim against him? Something should happen to get things off dead center. It could quite possibly cause him to file for bankruptcy depending on how he set the company up and whether or not he made his business a corporation, etc...
I agree. I was overseas when all this was going down. Only received partial order. Of course missing most expensive pieces!

Get notified of new replies

To Dennis / DoubleD Mods

Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 601 Likes on 407 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

You might check with Vettenuts. I think Marc is working on getting some. I bought mine from there about a year ago and it was very nicely done.

Another custom shop is Apsis. They have pictures of bezels on their website so that could be a possibility.
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear so many customers got burned.

Anyway, if you need DD mod, we can help you. In the past we don't really focus on DD mod so we only did it for our customers who wanted to finish in carbon or nappa leather. So many of you don't even know we offer such service.

I am the only person doing the DD mod in our end. So if you need our help then please allow necessary lead time. If you need it urgent then you better find other options.

You can see some DD pictures on our web that we did for our customers before. Check it out. Here is the direct link.

https://apsisusa.com/?page_id=7815

I just modified one DD last week for our customer who wants to finish it in nappa leather with stitching.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:40 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by apsisusa
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear so many customers got burned.

Anyway, if you need DD mod, we can help you. In the past we don't really focus on DD mod so we only did it for our customers who wanted to finish in carbon or nappa leather. So many of you don't even know we offer such service.

I am the only person doing the DD mod in our end. So if you need our help then please allow necessary lead time. If you need it urgent then you better find other options.

You can see some DD pictures on our web that we did for our customers before. Check it out. Here is the direct link.

https://apsisusa.com/?page_id=7815

I just modified one DD last week for our customer who wants to finish it in nappa leather with stitching.
I figured you guys would do them and this is great to hear!
Old 12-20-2017, 06:24 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Disappointing to hear about Dennis. I worked with him a couple of times including my custom leather and alcantara door panels which came out great. He was always a straight up guy and was always available with technical questions.

Not making excuses for his recent behavior but he was a great resource for a lot of people for a very long time on this forum and it is unfortunate how this all turned out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dennis / DoubleD Mods