Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Recent Transactions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Default Recent Transactions

I have had multiple recent transactions with members and vendors. I think it is important that both good and bad transactions are reported. I would rather spend time seeking out the good sellers/buyers than trying to wade through all of the bad ones. Here are my recent transactions:

1) Gene - Cultrag: Purchased all new gaskets and seals for my C6Z while the motor is out of the car for a rebuild from Gene at Cultrag. The wrong manifold gasket was selected. Gene immediately recognized and corrected the problem and ensured I got the correct gasket. Parts were very very reasonably priced and arrived quickly and as described. Gene was also very responsive.

2) Dirty Howie: Purchased C6Z caliper pins from DH. Offered him $100. He said that was too much and he would only take $50. What? He shipped immediately and parts arrived as described (brand new). I still feel like I owe this guy money, but he won't take it.

3) SPDKLZ1: Purchased two new rear NT01 track tires. Member thanked me for my contributions to the forum and for helping him on some other things. Offered me a superb price and shipped immediately. Tires arrived as described (brand new).

4) Ghost Knight: Purchased a used GZ Vacuum pump plus accessories. Price was extremely fair, well described and shipped immediately. Parts arrived as described.

5) Ken at KNS brakes: Routinely checks in on me to see how my car is doing, gives me great deals on brakes/rotors and is simply a good guy. Recent purchase of Carbotech XP24 brakes and DBA 5000 rings. Parts arrived quickly and as described.

6) Mark at AMT Motorsports: Purchased camber kit, racing seat rails, stud kit, motor mounts and spherical bearings. Mark is a grass roots racer that builds/races his own car, supports our community and makes literally the best parts money can buy for Corvettes. All parts are extremely high quality, fitment is always dead on and he includes clear, colored, precise directions written in plain English. He is also very responsive to questions and always willing to help. Very down to Earth and knowledgeable. Also innovative and thinks out of the box. Please keep developing parts for our platforms Mark!!! All parts arrived better than described.

7) Ken at Xplosive Motorsports: Purchased two new Sparco Ergo seats and a Schroth Harness. Ken was easy to work with, offered me a discount and shipped immediately. Parts arrived quickly and were as described.

8) C66 Racing: Purchased AMSOIL break-in oil and AMSOIL 10w40 for my new build. Brad spent an inordinate amount of time talking to me, answering my questions, giving me advice, following-up and offering information and knowledge that I did not previously have. The oil arrived sooner than expected and will go in the car soon. He is a US Naval Officer, an AMSOIL dealer, a race car driver and a very intelligent, very respectful individual. Might be one of the most honest guys I've met.

9) Lou at LG: Purchased new LG G2 Coilovers and LG G1 sway bars w/ quiet end links. Lou called me personally, talked through with me my car and setup and customized the spring rates for my car, primary track, aero and driving style. Easy to work with, gave me a great deal and parts arrived quickly and as described (brand new).

10) 0H8Z06: I just sold him a full set of DRM Bilstein shocks. Member paid immediately, was very polite and respectful and even paid the estimated shipping costs before I could even get the part out.

11) Tony Mamo: Purchased ported MSD Intake Manifold. As many of us know, Tony is a master porter, engine builder and a wealth of knowledge and information to the forums. Manifold arrived better than described and performed better than expectation.

12) American Heritage Performance: Purchased Stage 4 LS7 head package w/ M90 guides, rockers with Che rocker trunnion
upgrade and new springs. I was in a hurry to complete my build and Kohle went out of his way to get my heads done and sent right back to me. Kohle might be the nicest most polite guy on the planet. I don't think it is possible for him to raise his voice or be rude. He truly and genuinely cares about his customers, their cars and the products he sells. He is extremely responsive, very supportive, patient, reasonably priced and only makes the very best stuff. He also might be the most honest guy I've ever met (similar to Brad from C66 racing). I don't think Kohle could lie or mislead even with a gun pointed to his head. My only regret is that his shop is 3000 miles from me so I can't bring my car directly to him.

13) Deuce Man: I purchased an essentially brand new 18" open trailer with winch, tool box and tire rack from Jordan. He was extremely easy to deal with. Jordan was meticulous in his description of the trailer, answered all of my questions and gave me a great deal. He made sure I had everything I needed on my vehicle before making the trek. I drove 7 hours each way to pick it up and it was better than I expected. Jordan was in the process of rebuilding his race car when I arrived and I felt like if he was closer to me we would have already become good friends. He ensured I got back home safely and has stayed in communication with me regarding additional questions I had when I got home. Very intelligent, hard working individual that is down to earth, honest and willing to help. Trailer was better than described and I can't wait to put it to good use next year.

14) Deity Motorsports: Recently purchased SV502 Signature forged 18" track wheels for my car. Khoa was extremely easy to work with, offered me a superb price and was very responsive. He is also always innovating and staying ahead of the design curve. His wheels are actually tested and validated, look great and he is a genuinely nice guy.

I would highly recommend anyone looking to buy parts to consider these members/vendors. I don't think you will be disappointed. Every single one were easy to work with, stood behind the part/transaction, were reasonably priced, shipped immediately and communicated regularly.

Last edited by Mordeth; 12-23-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:12 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Awesome
And sounds like you'll be busy this winter
Old 12-23-2017, 03:20 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I will say that MOST transactions between members and vendors go smoothly and if there is a problem it is usually handled quickly. Like anything else the bad is what you usually hear about. Glad your overall experiences have been good ones.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:48 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,496 Likes on 1,893 Posts

I've been here for almost 2 years and would say that after 2 dozen transactions, both as a buyer and a seller, along with vendor transactions -Gene at Cultrag, Paul at PK Auto, Fred at Reverse Logic, TKO, Katech, WeaponX and a bunch more I can't recall now- all have been positive. I've made a bunch of "vette friends" because of the transactions, and have stayed in touch afterwards texting and helping one another out with the never-ending disease of modding. Overall, a great forum with an overwhelming majority always willing to help.

Last edited by LT4CMG; 12-29-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Recent Transactions

Quick Reply: Recent Transactions